Twitter: Cowboys interested in bringing back Jeff Heath

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With him safety is not a priority in the first two rounds. Without him, safety becomes a top priority in the first two rounds.
Safety is a top priority in the first two rounds with or without Heath.

Like many others said, he's a good backup, good special teams player. Starter? No.

snapper

Reaction score
Safety is a top priority in the first two rounds with or without Heath.

Like many others said, he's a good backup, good special teams player. Starter? No.

He is a starter in the Cowboys eyes.

2nd round unless the Cowboys trade down in the 1st. CB and DE/DT will be the priority in the 1st.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFC EAST
i

Dallas Cowboys: S Karl Joseph
2019 team: Raiders | Age: 26

There were rumors surrounding the Cowboys wanting to add Joseph at the trade deadline last season. That move never materialized, but now they can add him without having to send any compensation to the Raiders. Xavier Woods has played well at free safety for the Cowboys, but they could use someone like Joseph at the team's other safety position. Joseph is a player whose best role is in the box; he has picked up PFF grades between 67.6 and 74.5 in each of his four seasons with the Raiders, but he has earned a grade of 82.2 for his career when lined up in the box. They might not have pushed the button on the trade for Joseph, but it makes sense for Dallas to go after him in free agency.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27588384/2019-nfl-trade-tracker-latest-deals-rumors-deadline

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't get all Heath hate. The guy plays hard. I wish some of our "superstars" played as hard as he did. He's a great rotational player who's very good on special teams.
If Zeke prepared and played as hard as Heath he would probably live up to his "generational" talent expectation.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I do not have any issues with him being brought back for STs and backup S role. Definitely not my preference he is brought back as a starter.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fantastic. He's a solid guy stuck in an archaic system that rarely helped him.............and he made more plays than anyone else in the secondary at a very reasonable cost.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

If the Cowboys did not bring back Dwayne Harris when he was their best slot WR, KR, PR, and ST player filling 4 spots on the roster, why bring back a below average S?

Oh, I forgot its the Jerry Jonesboys Country Club and not the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.

Nothing has change but the date on the calendar for the Dallas Cowboys since 1995. Wanting to keep Heath is the same decision that kept Beasley on the roster twice, had the Chiefs with 5 ex Cowboys on their roster, and kept Jason the Clapper as Head coach after 8-8 three seasons in a row. At least Chan Gailey made the playoffs when he went 8-8.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
that could be considered a playmaker.

Jamal Adams last 2 years:
19 passes defended, 5 Forced Fumbles, 2 INT's 190 tackles, 10 sacks

Derwin James
14 passes defended, 3 INT's, 139 tackles, 3.5 sacks

Justin Simmons
19 passes defended, 7 INT's, 190 tackles

Minkah Fitzpatrick
18 passes defended, 7 INT's 2 Forced Fumbles, 149 tackles