Cowboys interested in CJ2K

jnday

Reaction score
Practically every single time Dunbar's name is mentioned, there is a Sproles reference. Whether it be alluding to his untapped "potential" or even coming close to being used in that kind of role.

I don't know if Dunbar will ever be a productive player, but I think any decent , young RB will offer more upside than CJ at this point in his career. I agree with you on Dunbar. I haven't seen the Sproles' qualities with Dunbar.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
Why might #Cowboys sign Chris Johnson? In 2008 draft, they were gonna pick him at 25, but #Titans grabbed him at 24. Dallas got Mike Jenkins

---

Wait, so we took Felix Jones at 22 and then we were going to take Johnson too?

Can someone please explain why Rapoport has a job? He is completely incompetent.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If you can get Chris Johnson here for 3 million a year we shouldnt blink.

Im not saying this is CJ2K but he is still one of the weapons in this league that teams always have to game plan for.

I like Murray but Johnson has proven to take the load for a whole season his whole career.

We would possibly have the most talented backfield in the league at such a cost effective price.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There are only a handful of RBs in the league where the other team gears their primary defensive game plan into stopping them. Johnson is still one of those guys, and there is no doubt.
But the total chaos at QB and the injuries on the line in Tennessee have made him much more human lately. Maybe his age too, as he has had 6 straight seasons of heavy workloads and no missed time.

He is not worth his current salary if he's in Dallas.

Still, if cost was not the factor, it'd be a huge thrill to have a home run hitter, that never misses a game, on the roster.
Opposing DCs would be in a real fix trying offset our passing game and a Murray/CJ combo.

But the fit just doesn't seem to be right.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
i like it because it gives us someone who can run when murray takes his usual half a season off

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
Practically every single time Dunbar's name is mentioned, there is a Sproles reference. Whether it be alluding to his untapped "potential" or even coming close to being used in that kind of role.

Being used in a Sproles like role is not the same as Dubar = Sproles. Stop being a sensationalist.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I dont know what he would be looking for as far as money, but you need two backs in this NFL, a one year is something Dallas should look into.

dstovall5

Reaction score
chris_johnson.jpg

Teeth made of gold ... his brain on the other hand ... Just kidding, though on a serious note I wouldn't be interested in him at all due to the amount of of money he is demanding. He's a talented RB nonetheless though, he's sure as heck a lot better then Dunbar.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'd rather ride with this guy, even knowing he'll miss 4-5 games this year.

827807012.gif

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if Dunbar will ever be a productive player, but I think any decent , young RB will offer more upside than CJ at this point in his career. I agree with you on Dunbar. I haven't seen the Sproles' qualities with Dunbar.

Agreed.

Young, tough, hungry RB's are a dime a dozen, and we can get one late in the draft, and another 1 or 2 in FA.

We are not 1 player away, and can't pay through the nose for an aging player -- just not good value.

I hope we've learned not to overpay at any position, but we certainly have more glaring weaknesses.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Demarco Murray's contract is up next year, would be smarter to think long term (ie. draft) than sign a guy like Chris Johnson, who is at best a "right now" solution.

remdak

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys throw 50+ times per game, more RB's should not be high on their list, except for pass blocking skills