Cowboys interested in Kyle Boller

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Just heard Adam Sheftner say this on NFL network. I could live with this. He's still young, strong arm, has starting experience. Way better than Bollinger.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
You have to hand it to Garrett, he has an eye for QB talent. I can't wait for the day he's head coach and we have to find a replacement for Tony.

:abuseme:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DBOY3141;2655927 said:
Just heard Adam Sheftner say this on NFL network. I could live with this. He's still young, strong arm, has starting experience. Way better than Bollinger.

No doubt.

And in looking at his numbers, they're better than Grossman, Simms, or Losman's. And he didn't have nearly the talent at receiver that others did.

And he seems to have accepted the fact that he might no longer be starting material and the backup role.

JSP21

Redneck Daddy
Reaction score
I'm not against signing Boller. I think he'd be a good backup to Romo.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2655932 said:
You have to hand it to Garrett, he has an eye for QB talent. I can't wait for the day he's head coach and we have to find a replacement for Tony.

:abuseme:

Cant do worse than jerry.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2655938 said:
Cant do worse than jerry.
I think Romo could end up being a HOFer if he wins a Super Bowl or two and ends up with the highest QB rating in the history of the NFL.

So, Jerry could possibly end up having two HOF QBs under his belt. I doubt any GM could say that.

mldardy

Reaction score
newlander;2655946 said:
Wow.....Boller. yikes...............................
Who else do you want? We're talking about a backup QB here.

TLCC

Reaction score
You know the one thing he's been consistent whether he's a starter or a backup he'll complete about 55-60 % of his passes with a 70% QB rating whether he's a backup or a starter. His completion % has improved every year; 51.8, 55.6, 58.4, 60.0, 61.1. His last three years, that he played, QB Ratings; 71.8, 104, 75.2.

The thing about backup QB is that it takes a different mentality to be a backup QB than a starter. You have to be able to help the starting QB evaluate defenses and lend advice to him when you aren't on the field. That's why Brad Johnson was kept on the roster this year. With that being said he still has to be able to play effective if he plays and I believe that Boller can play well enough not to lose the Cowboys games. I think he's the more ready to be backup than Grossman.

Smith22

Reaction score
I live close to Baltimore and I've seen lots of games Boller has played. The guy doesn't have the head for the NFL game. No way on Earth do I want to see him as a Cowboy. Waste of space...............

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2655949 said:
I think Romo could end up being a HOFer if he wins a Super Bowl or two and ends up with the highest QB rating in the history of the NFL.

So, Jerry could possibly end up having two HOF QBs under his belt. I doubt any GM could say that.

uh huh

I bet jerry had alot to do with romo coming here and staying here.

You know, signing drew henson and giving up a 2 for him, and you know bill having to play romo extended time in the preseason to prove to jerry that he could play.

So yeah, I see your point, Jerry had alot to do with romo..

and Aikman was coming here regardless. Mike Rhyner was talking about this yesterday, Tex Schramm was in love with him, so Aikman was coming here regardless.

and As jimmy told Hansen in the interview I posted this morning, It was in Jimmys contract, He was the GM and had complete control of the organization, hiring coaches, scouts, trainers and complete say on personnel.

So yes. When Bill and jimmy were here, Jerry Picks great qb's. good point.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Would not be horrible in a backup role.

Completed 60% of his passes in '07. If he cut down on the INT's he could be a pretty solid QB.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2655962 said:
uh huh

I bet jerry had alot to do with romo coming here and staying here.

You know, signing drew henson and giving up a 2 for him, and you know bill having to play romo extended time in the preseason to prove to jerry that he could play.

So yeah, I see your point, Jerry had alot to do with romo..

and Aikman was coming here regardless. Mike Rhyner was talking about this yesterday, Tex Schramm was in love with him, so Aikman was coming here regardless.

and As jimmy told Hansen in the interview I posted this morning, It was in Jimmys contract, He was the GM and had complete control of the organization, hiring coaches, scouts, trainers and complete say on personnel.

So yes. When Bill and jimmy were here, Jerry Picks great qb's. good point.
Hey, he's the GM so he gets credit for the bad picks and the good picks. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Also, Jimmy said he was "in charge of all personnel and coaches." That doesn't mean he has GM powers. It just means he's the head coach. You can be "in charge of" someone and not have the ability to hire and fire them.