Cowboys interested in Kyle Boller

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2655980 said:
Hey, he's the GM so he gets credit for the bad picks and the good picks. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Pay attention.

Jimmy Johnson said in his contract, he was the GM. I have never heard this till last night. I posted the video in the thread americas team or jerrys dream.

He said he had complete control of everything when he was here.

And again, its kind of laughable to credit jerry with aikman. He was coming here regardless. Its not wrong to credit him with picking him, but I mean all he really could have done was screwed it up.

and give me a break on romo. Jerry never believed in the guy it was pretty apparent.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm ok with it. He's not a turnover machine. Big arm.

And I thought we gave up a 3 for Henson.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Typical Kyle Boller play:
He hikes the ball
runs back 5 yards
fumbles
kicks it 15 yards
picks it up
runs backwards another 10 yards
throws the ball
INTERCEPTION.

No Thanks.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2655986 said:
Pay attention.

Jimmy Johnson said in his contract, he was the GM. I have never heard this till last night. I posted the video in the thread americas team or jerrys dream.

He said he had complete control of everything when he was here.

And again, its kind of laughable to credit jerry with aikman. He was coming here regardless. Its not wrong to credit him with picking him, but I mean all he really could have done was screwed it up.

and give me a break on romo. Jerry never believed in the guy it was pretty apparent.
Read my edit. Jimmy didn't say he was the GM. He said he was "in charge of personnel and coaches." That has nothing to do with drafting players and hiring coaches. It's like all NFL head coaches, they manage their players and coaches. But they don't all necessarily have the ability to hire and fire all of them. Jimmy didn't say he had the ability to hire and fire. And that's the ability of a GM.

Bottom line is, Jerry's made the decision to draft Aikman and sign Romo. He gets credit because he signed on the dotted line.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I'm ok with Boller or Grossman.

Heck, anything is an upgrade from Brad Johnson.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2655999 said:
Read my edit. Jimmy didn't say he was the GM. He said he was "in charge of personnel and coaches." That has nothing to do with drafting players and hiring coaches. It's like all NFL head coaches, they manage their players and coaches. But they don't all necessarily have the ability to hire and fire all of them.

he said right in the video it was in his contract, he had control of everything.

take it up with him. he said right out in the video, he could get rid of people if he didnt believe in them.

Thats why that team wom. Jimmy was the guy in charge. Jerry was a decoration who was willing to spend money and good at making money for the organization, his best role.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2656007 said:
he said right in the video it was in his contract, he had control of everything.

take it up with him. he said right out in the video, he could get rid of people if he didnt believe in them.

Thats why that team wom. Jimmy was the guy in charge. Jerry was a decoration who was willing to spend money and good at making money for the organization, his best role.
No, he didn't. He said he was "in control of coaches and personnel." That's not GM power. That's head coach power.

Whether you like it or not, Jerry gets credit. It was his decision.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Good Lord, freaking Boller???

He is better than BJ, but that isnt really saying a whole lot. Hell, half the guys on this board could beat out BJ.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2655995 said:
Typical Kyle Boller play:
He hikes the ball
runs back 5 yards
fumbles
kicks it 15 yards
picks it up
runs backwards another 10 yards
throws the ball
INTERCEPTION.

No Thanks.

:lmao2: :lmao: (projectile spit all over my monitor)

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
When talking about the future of the QB spot in Dallas...I just have 2 words: Trevor Vittatoe.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
theebs;2655962 said:
uh huh

I bet jerry had alot to do with romo coming here and staying here.

You know, signing drew henson and giving up a 2 for him, and you know bill having to play romo extended time in the preseason to prove to jerry that he could play.

So yeah, I see your point, Jerry had alot to do with romo..

and Aikman was coming here regardless. Mike Rhyner was talking about this yesterday, Tex Schramm was in love with him, so Aikman was coming here regardless.

and As jimmy told Hansen in the interview I posted this morning, It was in Jimmys contract, He was the GM and had complete control of the organization, hiring coaches, scouts, trainers and complete say on personnel.

So yes. When Bill and jimmy were here, Jerry Picks great qb's. good point.

yeah Bill was so in love with him he would have cut him and keep Q...thank god that Q got canned for drugs or Romo would have been gone.....

Why do you keep saying Aikman would have been here regardless? because Tex loved him?.......Tex wasnt here when we drafted Troy... Jerry made the call to draft Troy 1st over all ....Jimmy wanted Walsh...so much so that he gave a 1st round pick for him the next year

you cant just pick and choose who Jerry gets credit for and who he doesnt get credit for to fit your arguement...... ALL moves that have been made since Jerry bought the team have ultimately been made by Jerry.....yes Jimmy and Bill had some control but dont forget Jerry brought them here as well...so if you like them as coaches..then thank Jerry for bringin them here......

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We could to a lot worse than Boller... Bleedslow coming out of retirement immediately comes to mind.