Cowboys Joes Analysis of Game

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyjoe;4149064 said:
Did Aikman demand experise from players in practices and on field? Yes he did, moreso than romo in tony's first 5 years in pros.

This is bullcrap. You have no clue what happens in practice ..... not even a little bit. You live in lufkin texas.

All the beat riders, who see practices every week, have been saying all week that this is the same guy that has always been there, that he as always done this.

cowboyjoe;4149064 said:
Did Aikman chew players out on the field of play? And when pray tell did romo say, i dont feel like you have to chew players out, but persay on sidelines etc...

Again, you are only saying what you have heard the media say .... and they are the same ones who said Troy only yelled at his "black players"

Tony always got on his guys when they did something dumb ..... only difference is he had a pained look on his face this time because he was physically hurting.

cowboyjoe;4149064 said:
When did aikman win his first NFC championship, 92-93, which was 4-5 years right. Lets see, romo has been here since 2003, played since 2006, but no nfc championship or super bowl right?

Aikman won a Superbowl in his 4th year as a starter after coming from a pro-style college program.

Tony Romo is entering his 5th full year as a starter after coming from a Division I-AA college program.

How many years did it take Drew Brees, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, John Elway and a dozen others?

Just a stupid argument.

cowboyjoe;4149064 said:
What sayest thou now zrinkill? :)

I say you should stick to the draft ..... because anytime you discuss Tony Romo and his leadership ability or elite status you sound really really naive and silly.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyjoe;4149071 said:
Marino had superior players around him too, but didnt win the big one, why?

Orly.jpg

:lmao2:

I haven't heard something that funny in quite some time.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Joe, I admired your fight until you said something about Marino being great and Dilfer being......elite.

However, I'm in the minority camp thinking Rapistberger isn't a top-tier quarterback, so what do I know?

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;4148341 said:
Romo is elite now, has it taken awhile yes. But remember Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady, they werent considered elite till they won their first superbowl.

Dan Fouts
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Sonny Jurgenson
Warren Moon
Fran Tarkenton

All Hall of Fame QBs. All Elite. None won SBs.

Peyton Manning was considered elite well before he won the SB.

Is TR a better QB than previous years? Doubt it. Hasn't done anything the first three games that he hasn't done before, injury notwithstanding.

But the team views him differently, and its not because of his golf, his hat, or recent marriage.

During the lockout, he led the team. Contacting players, organizing the workouts, following up on the well being of his teammates. He became the defacto coach, GM and camp counselor. He has a greater level of respect.

Everything else is vapor. Self serving vapor.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;4149096 said:
Again, I miswrote that,

Comparing Marino and Difler, which is the elite qb? Dilfer, why who won a superbowl? Dilfer. Did Marino ever win a superbowl? What is being considered and the ultimate reward for being in the nfl, winning a superbowl.

Marino is a great qb, but not elite. However, I am putting Romo there in elite status because I feel romo will win 2 to 4 superbowls for the cowboys before he retires.

Just like Marino, Jim Kelly is a great qb, but not elite. There is a difference in my book, to be elite, you have to win superbowls or your going to. I feel Romo will win superbowls for the Dallas Cowboys. Am I going out on a limb here?

Yes and no, because I feel romo is a championship elite type qb, that will win superbowls.

Just like comparing roger staubach and don meredith. Roger was a elite qb, he won superbowls and lost some but got there and won. Dandy Don was a great qb, but not elite because Meredith didnt win any superbowls for the cowboys.

What was one thing that Tex Schramn kept telling Dandy Don Hos?

Remember, I wish you would grow up, something like that.

Romo has finally grown up and hit elite status, and either this year, LORD willing or next year, romo will take us to the promised land.
:starspin

Wow. Just Wow. :eek:

:leave:

CCBoy

Reaction score
M'Kevon;4149719 said:
Wow. Just Wow. :eek:

:leave:

The mantra of all the anti-Jerry Jones haters was that anything short of another Lombardi was a sign that all was in disarray and that everything else was shallow water. That this became a line in the sand, actually is an understandable association from just those sentiments. Go figure while a total win/loss basis would climb it's way into a fan's own associations.

Even there, it doesn't discount an appreciation of those very same factors that a concensus would deem as elite in quantitative views.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
zrinkill;4149422 said:
This is bullcrap. You have no clue what happens in practice ..... not even a little bit. You live in lufkin texas.

All the beat riders, who see practices every week, have been saying all week that this is the same guy that has always been there, that he as always done this.

Again, you are only saying what you have heard the media say .... and they are the same ones who said Troy only yelled at his "black players"

Tony always got on his guys when they did something dumb ..... only difference is he had a pained look on his face this time because he was physically hurting.

Aikman won a Superbowl in his 4th year as a starter after coming from a pro-style college program.

Tony Romo is entering his 5th full year as a starter after coming from a Division I-AA college program.

How many years did it take Drew Brees, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, John Elway and a dozen others?

Just a stupid argument.

I say you should stick to the draft ..... because anytime you discuss Tony Romo and his leadership ability or elite status you sound really really naive and silly.

No, they have not, I know of 2 beat writers, and sports directors after the 49ers game said that this is a different tony romo and they have his vote for finally getting it. What it takes to win championships, leadership, etc...

Up to that point, they had issues somewhat with romo, but after the last 2 weeks, romo got their vote for being an elite qb.

:D

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
peplaw06;4149217 said:
Dude come on. The only qualification to be "elite" as opposed to "great" is winning a Super Bowl? That creates all kinds of problems... not the least of which is that you have suddenly declared Romo as elite, even though he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

If he doesn't end up winning one, you would then have to change your mind and say he's not elite. Problem is, you've already said...

Thats true, about romo being elite and not winning a superbowl. However, I am trying to say I am on aboard now, that romo basically doesnt have to take any more baby steps, that elite status is there now. And I went on record saying such, that romo is elite, minus no superbowl win yet.

Just a few NFL qbs are on my list that didnt win a superbowl, but that was before the superbowls were started too.

There are 3 main ones, see if you can figure out who they were.

But jim kelly, and dan marino are not on the super bowl elite list, but I do give them great qb status, but not elite status.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You're a hell of a foot marksman Joe. Sad thing is you keep hitting you own. Your explanations have not pushed anyone closer to your thinking, rather they have pushed us further away.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Joe would have a point if guys like Montana went to and won the Super Bowl no matter where they went. Its a team game. The whole Dilfer thing is asinine.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
It is so amazing to me that even in light of the preponderance of evidence that is diametrically opposed to an opinion we still have people who will remain obstinate to the bitter end.

Ignorance will one day completely prevail over knowledge, we are witnessing it right here in the zone.

JBS

Reaction score
this is my 2 cents and I could very well could be wrong

First and foremost - yelling at people is not a trait of being a leader..as a matter of fact, i actually believe it CAN (key word) be counter productive

with that being said - I do believe Romo has been a little bit more vocal this season than in years past. I think Romo is yelling more and getting on the players MORE..not to say that he was not doing it in the past-just that he is doing it MORE now..

WITH ALL OF THAT SAID - I do NOT believe this makes Romo more of a leader..nor have I ever questioned Romo's leadership abilities in the past..I believe Romo has always been a leader on this football team..him yelling at players for making mistakes, does NOT make him more of a leader..

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;4152263 said:
Thats true, about romo being elite and not winning a superbowl. However, I am trying to say I am on aboard now, that romo basically doesnt have to take any more baby steps, that elite status is there now. And I went on record saying such, that romo is elite, minus no superbowl win yet.

Just a few NFL qbs are on my list that didnt win a superbowl, but that was before the superbowls were started too.

There are 3 main ones, see if you can figure out who they were.

But jim kelly, and dan marino are not on the super bowl elite list, but I do give them great qb status, but not elite status.
It's just amazing to me that you would claim Marino and Kelly... Hall of Fame QBs... were not "elite" while at the same time, Romo is elite. Romo right now probably wouldn't sniff the Hall of Fame. He has a lot of work to do to get to that level. I think he has the ability to do it, but he's not there.

I don't know if it's extreme homerism, or if it's just lack of knowledge regarding Marino, Kelly, etc. The homerism angle would be bizarre considering just 3 weeks ago, he wasn't a good enough leader in your book.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06;4152460 said:
It's just amazing to me that you would claim Marino and Kelly... Hall of Fame QBs... were not "elite" while at the same time, Romo is elite. Romo right now probably wouldn't sniff the Hall of Fame. He has a lot of work to do to get to that level. I think he has the ability to do it, but he's not there.

I don't know if it's extreme homerism, or if it's just lack of knowledge regarding Marino, Kelly, etc. The homerism angle would be bizarre considering just 3 weeks ago, he wasn't a good enough leader in your book.
You left out the ultra bizarre fact that Dilfer is elite because he was on a team where the Defense granted him a Super Bowl ring.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
A smirk on Romo's face? Wow I bet you' re smirking while writing this crap. Have you ever paid attention to Brady after a piick? He hangs his head and stares at the ground.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Did I just see someone call Dilfer elite?

...the *** have I stumbled upon....?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If Romo is more vocal this year it's because he has a bunch of young players and not established vets who know their jobs. I think you are missing this key fact.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
CowboyStar88;4152518 said:
If Romo is more vocal this year it's because he has a bunch of young players and not established vets who know their jobs. I think you are missing this key fact.

Yep

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;4152290 said:
You're a hell of a foot marksman Joe. Sad thing is you keep hitting you own. Your explanations have not pushed anyone closer to your thinking, rather they have pushed us further away.

:laugh2: Remember Hos, I am like the captain of the ship that is sinking. I go down with the ship, or like an Admiral, I have just begun to fight. :)