Cowboys joke at NFL Honors

Blackrain

Reaction score
The profound Intellectual gems that come from this forum never cease to amaze me....well done
Yes many times I wonder why the fan base just can't see the big picture the same way Jerry's looking at it.

Then I read a gem like that and understand exactly why they are so heartbroken at his apparent failure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I felt bad for her too you can tell she still a fan but he is all about the money it's a shame what our
proud franchise has fallen to being the punch line of jokes like that.
But Jerry's laughing all the way to the bank.

Jerry looks at us fans like peasant fools that pin our hopes on a silver trophy with some old coaches name on it.
We don't make our money with the team.
It's Jerry's business and he pins his hopes on making generational wealth with the team .

He's already collected three of those little trophies and is smart enough to realize that is not what makes the most money
Greed has always motivated Jerry Jones. It drove him before purchasing the franchise in February 1989. It compelled him into becoming a major stakeholder in Comstock Resources, which alone makes him worth over $3.6 billion.

Yes, Jones is a multibillionaire. Yes, he is extremely for-profit business savvy in making billions from ticket sales, apparel, merchandising, sponsorships, real estate, stock investments, other-none-NFL-related ventures, etc.

No doubt. Jones knows how to make bank. It is also unquestionable Jones generated generational wealth for his family decades ago. He is driven towards making even more super wealth each day. It has always been his nature, long before the world knew who the heck he even was.

It is also true that greed is not his sole motivation. He is greedy but he is not a fictional Ebenezer Scrooge or even a cartoon Scrooge McDuck.

Nothing, literally, is preventing Jones from making even more billions by simply being an NFL owner. Zero. Nada. Releasing absolute control over football management will not reduce his profit-making capability, literally, by one cent. In fact, a more successful Dallas Cowboys on the field shall boost his profit margin.

So, what does still drive Jones, a lifelong gambler, currently worth $13-plus billion (13 followed by nine zeros) to not risk giving someone else, with the qualifications being a general manager, a job that does not stop him from making more money? And will not make him lose money? Over a 30-year timespan? What is it that stops himself from forever handing over the GM reins for five years? For two years? For one year? For even one month? (I mean, just how many tens of millions of dollars in jersey sales will he lose if he hired and fired someone after a week on the job?)

The answer to those questions reveals what some people refuse to accept, namely, that Jones does not simply run the professional football component, of his entire super wealth making machine, because he is some sort of Uncle Scrooge. Yet, Uncle Scrooge continues to be the only thing some people still see. Thirty years after he threw a hissy fit and fired a two-time defending Super Bowl winning head coach for exactly what 'cannot' be seen.

Just venting. Please ignore all of the above.

/rant

J_Allen

Reaction score
What's really sad is that we were gullible enough to buy the crap for that length of time.

I mean as successful a guy as Jerry is in business and every other part of his life do you really believe if he wanted to get further in the playoffs that he couldn't do it it's obvious that he has done his homework on what's important to him and he is getting out of the team exactly what he wants GENERATIONAL WEALTH.

Unfortunately for us fans his goals and ours for the team are not the same and it's his team and he does what he wants so we just have to take the scraps that he lets us have.

He wants to have the most valuable team and make the most money we want a silver trophy with some old coaches name on it

We are losing this battle going on three decades now so just lower your expectations and ride it out or find another team
It's very sad and I bought in every year thinking it would be different. My enthusiasm and hope for the future started fading during the Phillips and Garrett years.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's very sad and I bought in every year thinking it would be different. My enthusiasm and hope for the future started fading during the Phillips and Garrett years.
Yeah it was always clear they weren’t capable of assembling a winning roster, but the inferior coaching is even more frustrating because Jerry has to be the man.

I was hopefully they may get lucky, but I’ve finally given up on that just lately.

The only HC Jerry will hire are ones he can push around. How is that same person supposed to instill dawg in an NFL locker room?

One of several fatal problems and why they aren’t as “close” as they think. Three very difficult wins away from a championship isn’t called close, but they the kings of misevaluation. It’s been going on for three decades and they are absolutely blind to it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry loves your support and you guys who watch the draft and pretend you are going to get the guys you are looking at. FA, forget that crap, some old washed-up injured vet is what you are going to get. So Jerry appreciates you guys playing alone. Sad isn't it, but he loves you playing fantasy football with his team. good day.
and don't forget, please don't make jokes about jerry it really hurts the slow low IQ fans.

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s the same playoff joke every year and Jerry loves it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lots of jelly in this thread, lots of crying too. Oh my, a joke was made about my team, I’m so embarrassed I had to stay in moms basement all week! Ma, Maaa, Did you wash my clothes yet? What’s for dinner? I’m embarrassed and I’m not coming out! You guys crack me up…
Some will suffer some serious PTSD.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
jerry loves your support and you guys who watch the draft and pretend you are going to get the guys you are looking at. FA, forget that crap, some old washed-up injured vet is what you are going to get. So Jerry appreciates you guys playing alone. Sad isn't it, but he loves you playing fantasy football with his team. good day.
and don't forget, please don't make jokes about jerry it really hurts the slow low IQ fans.
I have more interest just following the draft to stay familiar with new rooks coming in league wide.
Now I just glance and see who the Cowboys select, hover around to gain any info.
There was a time pre-internet when I used to glean every page from the Dallas Cowboys Weekly, every word and wear it out. lol

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yes to begin with I bought into the theory that he just wanted to be looked at as a football guy and do it his way and get the credit although I still believe that's part of it.

Somewhere in the Garrett years I changed my view on the whole thing and realized that he was just in it to make money and that a super bowl was not that important for him

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I have more interest just following the draft to stay familiar with new rooks coming in league wide.
Now I just glance and see who the Cowboys select, hover around to gain any info.
There was a time pre-internet when I used to glean every page from the Dallas Cowboys Weekly, every word and wear it out. lol
from what I read here, it doesn't matter what the players do or who they are, they just blame Jerry.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Give up following this team. Quit being a hater. Go follow another team. Jerry and his family aren't ever going anywhere.
Bro, why you got your panties in a bunch over jokes about the Cowboys to the point you are telling other fans to go find another team?

I hate to break the news to you bro, but Jerry doesnt give a crap about being the butt of jokes, he literally said "as long as they are talking about us we are doing our job".

1st rule of show business is any publicity is good publicity...................so the question to ask is if Jerry doesnt care about people making jokes about him or the Cowboys, why the hell do you???

Blackrain

Reaction score
This is exactly what we need. We need more people to mock Jerry to his face
What for it changes nothing Jerry will continue to run the team his way.

He will always have a coach that puts his comfort above everything else.

He will always build a team in a manner that puts his profit above everything else.

And he and his family will continue to run the team this way long after we are dead unless somebody on this forum has enough money to buy the team from Jerry and run it correctly.

It's like having a perfect big block Camaro Stone stock with a 396 375 horse motor on m22 4-speed and a 456 rear selling the car and then watching somebody put fender flares and a 6 cylinder with a powerglide behind it for gas mileage then complaining about it.
If nobody can afford to buy the team and fix it it's a waste of time to complain cuz it just is what it is.

The horrible truth is we will never see a championship until someone else buys the Dallas Cowboys first of all the market for that is very small second I don't see Jerry letting it happen or Steven or anyone else in the gene pool who gives up one of the most profitable things on the planet.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With this FO, preserving the profit margin comes first and foremost.
Postseason glory simply tends to take a backseat every time.:angry:

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
With this FO, preserving the profit margin comes first and foremost.
Postseason glory simply tends to take a backseat every time.:angry:
This is true brother Jerry tries to BS us fans into believing that he's trying to win a championship but at this point who does he think he is fooling.

This man is a mult i-billionaire who obviously gets everything he wants in life if he wanted a championship badly enough he would buy one by way of getting the right people to do the jobs that he is not talented enough to do.

Jerry is into having fun playing with his toy the Dallas Cowboys and creating generational wealth with it if we happen to look into a championship great if not his comfort and fun come first along with making the most profit.

In his mind super bowl wins are overrated and the end does not justify the means.