Cowboys joke at NFL Honors

coult44

Reaction score
Like I said, Jerry and his family are leaving or selling the team, especially after three 12 - 5 seasons. If you're sick and tired of that, there is always the Houston Texans.
You should go cheer for them if you can’t take what comes with being a fan of the Boyz,
I’ve given Jerry and his family tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars , I have the right to say anything I want, how about you?

irishline

Reaction score
That's not funny. It's disrespectful and bullying.
Saying "the odds of me telling a joke about the Cowboys not making it past the wild card round was 5 to 1" was bullying? Really?

Either you truly are a delicate flower or you really need to read the definition and some examples of what constitutes bullying (and I mean that in the politest, non-bullying, way possible).

rags747

Reaction score
Lots of jelly in this thread, lots of crying too. Oh my, a joke was made about my team, I’m so embarrassed I had to stay in moms basement all week! Ma, Maaa, Did you wash my clothes yet? What’s for dinner? I’m embarrassed and I’m not coming out! You guys crack me up…

nobody

Reaction score
Stupid. Everyone (including here) thinks they look smart or funny making fun of Jerry and the Cowboys. SMH
Because 30 years of Jerry's commentary and running the organization to never see a conference title game is a joke. There are a ton of Cowboys haters out there that have always made fun of the Cowboys, but even Cowboys fans are tired of the same old same old.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
What a friggin CLOWN!! You're the biggest JOKE in football, Jerry!!!!!:lmao:You may of won in the oil fields but as a GM you're just as big of a LOSER!!!!!

CWR

Reaction score
Stupid. Everyone (including here) thinks they look smart or funny making fun of Jerry and the Cowboys. SMH
No, I've given Jerry a lot of credit for the good things he's done over the years.

It's not fun for me to be sick of his sideways talking nonsense. If he didn't say things like going "all in" and then come back and spin his words later I wouldn't say he's full of crap. Facts are facts and Jerry's approach hasn't proven to be good enough. If he actually made adjustments and didn't learn so painfully slow or without over correcting all together I would be much more prone to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Our approach to FA is holding us back. His coaching hires have held us back. There's no excuse for us to be losing big games/playoffs over and over in large because we can't run or defend the run. He's the GM fix the problem.

The more he blows hot air and doesn't take action the more deserving he is of criticism.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right, so go ahead and berate them nonstop every year for the last 28 years and counting. Not even Eagles fans act this bad.
The Cowboys were hated, criticized and beloved before many posters were born. We live in a social media world, get accustomed to hearsay, rumors, lies and ridicule. Is it right? No, but it will not cease with winning championships. This organization has solidified itself as the sports court jester for life.

leeblair

Reaction score
I get sports media making fun of the Cowboys. It's the fake fans who truly bother me.
Yeah, I can't stand the ones who think you should blindly cheer for the Cowboys because their favorite player is getting rich regardless of what it does to the team. Those kind of "fans" are fans of the player, not the team.
It's disgusting that they claim to be Cowboys fans, but they only care about what makes their crush happy and don't care what the Cowboys franchise has become.
They should go away and let the team heal.

starfan1

Reaction score
The cowboys being the butt of a joke? Who would have thought?
Honestly it’s deserving and Jerry should know that this is the current view of many.
But you know how he’ll take it? If they are talking bout my brand it’s a good thing!

As far as this fanbase goes it’s hard to tell. Some are angry some have reached the point where laughing at the organization is a coping mechanism
Some are still cowboy lovers they just hope for the best expect the worst

Some use this platform to troll

we all come at this from different angles and this place not unlike other social media platforms is full of discontentment and pot stirrers

Sometimes I just take a few days off and then come back because as far as cowboy platforms go this is the largest I’ve come across and as much as I don’t like some people’s stances on here it’s still they’re right to post them

I’m more of a positive guy and cant stand those who wallow in negativity but I get that 28 years will do it to you

It’s time to move on and look towards the future ( FA,draft etc ) even if its bleak at times

Blackrain

Reaction score
Hope the jokes keep coming. Anything to get under the skin of the Joneses.
Nothing really gets under his skin doesn't seem like he can be embarrassed.
I felt bad for his wife sitting there and having to listen to the team be the brunt of jokes on national television.
I feel Jerry looks at a different picture than the rest of the fans and winning a super bowl and the trophy is just not his goal.

His super bowl is being the owner with the team that makes the most money a game where he wins every year.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Funny watching Jerry fake a laugh while his wife shook her head in disgust.
It just shows what the money will do to you his wife is still a fan and the jokes bother her.

Jerry is a compiler of wealth and realizes the joke is on everyone else because his business model is not designed to win a super bowl it's designed to make the most money and he is quite successful at it

Blackrain

Reaction score
I only felt bad for Gene Jones.
I felt bad for her too you can tell she still a fan but he is all about the money it's a shame what our
proud franchise has fallen to being the punch line of jokes like that.
But Jerry's laughing all the way to the bank.

Jerry looks at us fans like peasant fools that pin our hopes on a silver trophy with some old coaches name on it.
We don't make our money with the team.
It's Jerry's business and he pins his hopes on making generational wealth with the team .

He's already collected three of those little trophies and is smart enough to realize that is not what makes the most money

Blackrain

Reaction score
What's disrespectful is the crap he's sold to the fans for the past 28 years. Jerry deserves every bit of that joke and much more.
What's really sad is that we were gullible enough to buy the crap for that length of time.

I mean as successful a guy as Jerry is in business and every other part of his life do you really believe if he wanted to get further in the playoffs that he couldn't do it it's obvious that he has done his homework on what's important to him and he is getting out of the team exactly what he wants GENERATIONAL WEALTH.

Unfortunately for us fans his goals and ours for the team are not the same and it's his team and he does what he wants so we just have to take the scraps that he lets us have.

He wants to have the most valuable team and make the most money we want a silver trophy with some old coaches name on it

We are losing this battle going on three decades now so just lower your expectations and ride it out or find another team