Cowboys just can’t stay out of their own way

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Diehardblues, Sep 16, 2021.

1. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,673 Messages
    17,866 Likes Received
    Jerry should know what the worst thing can happen is He has witnessed it. Maybe experience at it helped some. But he will just say hold my beer and watch this.

2. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    What kind of season is that? LOL

All we can really hope for now is to back into the playoffs because the NFC is weak.

fivetwos likes this.
  3. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    Defending ANY criticism? Heck no! Just not connecting injuries to FO incompetence, and every situation of suspension, despite odd coincidences, to Jerry’s mismanagement.

I’ve acknowledged many times—Jerry’s a meddler, a drunken attentionwhore with a giant ego, who’s paid several bad contracts, had bad drafts, took too many chances, mumbled through embarrassing pressers, etc., and I admire your singleminded perseverance and obvious attachment to this franchise. But if we’re going to blame every team failure on Jerry, we must also acknowledge the many achievements over the last 33 years.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    33,545 Messages
    59,072 Likes Received
    He really hasn't witnessed it because the worst thing that could happen to him is loss of revenue and standing as the most valuable franchise and relevance to the point where they don't want to interview him anymore. The losing on the field? That's not critical to him because that does not negatively affect him.

5. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,183 Messages
    86,015 Likes Received
    Best thing I've read all day

6. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

22,562 Messages
    23,019 Likes Received
    At the beginning of the year I am a wait and see kind, even though I know how the loss of our most talented will be taken advantage of by the opposing teams. Let’s hope MM has a game plan to take advantage of there weaknesses. But as I type this I am wondering. But never the less let’s pull behind them. We got this.

7. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    33,545 Messages
    59,072 Likes Received
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. They're 0-1 with that 1 to the defending champs at home and lost by 2.

Some have conditioned themselves and galvanized themselves against disappointment so let's get out in front of that and throw in the towel. LMAO, I actually saw a tanking thread after one game. The owner isn't the only one crazy around here.

This is truly one of those half full/half empty glass situations and if yours is half empty, you are ignoring the players that are still there. The NFC and particularly the East isn't great, don't lose your way before we even get on the path.

I am not a cheerleader but c'mon folks, let's give the guys we do have a chance before we call it a season. You side with a team, you're there for the good times as well as the bad as you have proven so many times.

Don't get down on them, let's give them a chance to come together. We're just watching this unfold, these players are living it and it seems everyday they're getting hit with something else not of their own making.

Let's not forget, they have one hell of a leader as their QB. Like him or not, he's as good a leader as there is in the NFL and he wasn't there for most of last season. And he's not just the leader for the offense.

Diehardblues and ESisback like this.
  8. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

26,536 Messages
    53,322 Likes Received
    The problem isn't the injuries - every team has them, some have more than Dallas. The issue is roster depth. The Joneses spend too much to keep their own guys and end up with a top heavy team. The "next man up" is usually a bum.

just_catch_it and Diehardblues like this.
  9. ESisback

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    Positive for that flu thing that the algorithms block if we mention them. Those are no reflection on any FO. Collins’ situation is suspicious, so that can’t automatically be assessed as the team’s fault either. I wish/hope they concentrate on OL and DL in the next draft.

10. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

11,438 Messages
    13,872 Likes Received
    Most likely man, yeah.

Ive tried complaining to no avail, so that crap is the best I have at the moment.

CowboyRoy likes this.
  11. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    Totally agree.

But not sure why we can’t present some concerns without it being doom and gloom. These early injuries, suspension and C positive testings do feel like we might be snake bit again. Hopefully not but it does have a familiar stench. That’s all…

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  12. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    I’d agree with some points but Players that continue to have issues which hurts the team I’d argue when there is history of such it’s a reflection of the leadership.

Sheepherder likes this.
  13. ESisback

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    Every team has aholes, but Dallas 1)takes more chances than most
    2)gets analyzed and criticized much more

14. ESisback

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    Snakebit? Yes indeed! I just think much of it is not our fault.

15. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

11,883 Messages
    10,096 Likes Received
    We're going into this game not much different than last week, only against the Chargers, not Tampa.

1. We're down a starting OL, just like last week.
    2. We couldn't get a pass rush with our starting DEs, we can do the same without them.

So the only difference is that we're down Gallup. But we're not playing the Bucs. If Dallas doesn't turn the ball over I think they have a decent shot.

16. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

3,016 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    Add to that, don't hang onto guys longer than you need to. Cut bait once performance decreases.

ESisback likes this.
  17. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    1,998 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    This is horrible philosophy to me. You don't get the line breaking DT's by trading down.

18. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

5,105 Messages
    8,665 Likes Received
    You forgot to include the two DT's that, most likely, would have been the starters, Trystan Hill and Neville Gallimore

Then there is also their #1 backup at CB, someone who might very well have been the starter instead of Brown had he been able to stay healthy, Kelvin Joseph.

Potentially, on a defense that needed vast improvement over last season, the Cowboys don't have half of their starters against the Chargers. This includes their entire starting D-line.

This is the second year in a row where injuries are so devastating, right from the beginning, that this team will be seriously handicapped when it comes to the possibility of a successful season. I'm not saying they won't have one, it's a long season. I'm just saying the odds are rapidly decreasing as the loss of game time to starters continue to happen.

Diehardblues likes this.
  19. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    I forgot about them . Thanks

20. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    I think we have a shot too. Just pointing out some concerns. Thanks