Twitter: Cowboys looking at multiple DT’s

aria

Reaction score
The masters of hype, Stephen and Jerry, strike again by bringing in has beens with big names. Not sure about Poe but Snacks and Suh are done. Even Snacks said he wanted to retire after last year because he didn’t play up to his expectations, I believe his PFF grade was a 66.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Homework? Offer to all and sign one lol

Snacks or Pennel would be ideal.
Agreed

LOL at "doing homework". They could of signed 26 year old Danny Shelton last week for a more than affordable price.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Cowboys have historically been slow when it comes to decision making. The problem they often get into is that other teams beat them to the most desirable acquisitions before they finally manage to decide who they want. Being a bit more aggressive would likely serve them well. Hopefully, they'll see fit to kick it up a notch before the supply fails to meet their needs once again.
It doesnt help that they like to tell themselves that their own guys are better than they are, so they undervalue other teams players. They always expect a bargain. Thing is, NOW is when you're getting those bargains.

ultron

Reaction score
Ita mind bogglingly frustrating to try and figure out how it was supposedly OK philosophically to be soft in the middle.

Hiring Marinelli was a death sentence for the organization.
What really doesn’t make sense is they obviously know how important the offensive line is, you’d think they’d feel the same way about the defensive line.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Still rather have Harrison because IMO he is still one of the top run defenders at 32yo.

He does often if not always need to come off the field on passing downs.

Poe is probably the better all around player, but not particularly great at anything.

I'd be happy with any help at all really.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The masters of hype, Stephen and Jerry, strike again by bringing in has beens with big names. Not sure about Poe but Snacks and Suh are done. Even Snacks said he wanted to retire after last year because he didn’t play up to his expectations, I believe his PFF grade was a 66.
Tough to grade him that way.

He is stout against the run still, but cant really get a push toward the QB. He has to be used correctly.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dontari Poe should likely be the candidate to offer the biggest discount of that four, according to what I've seen reported lately. He had a knee problem last year that ended up in a surgical solution being made. Let's see if the Cowboys do their homework and choose to take advantage of it if he checks out favorably. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays somewhat limited early in the year and gradually improves with the passage of the needed time to resolve whatever limitations he might have.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Dontari Poe should likely be the candidate to offer the biggest discount of that four, according to what I've seen reported lately. He had a knee problem last year that ended up in a surgical solution being made. Let's see if the Cowboys do their homework and choose to take advantage of it if he checks out favorably.

So you’re saying he will come cheap on a one year deal lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dontari Poe should likely be the candidate to offer the biggest discount of that four, according to what I've seen reported lately. He had a knee problem last year that ended up in a surgical solution being made. Let's see if the Cowboys do their homework and choose to take advantage of it if he checks out favorably.
I recall the team liking him heading into that draft.

They loved Brockers as well. Surprised they didnt make a run there. Then again...he was a luxury item/high regarded player lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So you’re saying he will come cheap on a one year deal lol

That's been the gist of what I've seen reported of late. If they're in talks with him as reported, they should find out soon enough. We all know how the Cowboys organization prefers bargain basement types of deals . . . this might well be one that they may tend to favor. ;)

fivetwos

Reaction score
People in the organization feel (know) that David doesn’t love Football. He even said when he was applying for reinstatement that he has to get back in shape, “something I’ve never had to do before”.

That type of attitude can become tocos in the lockeroom and the team realizes it. I would love him back as a player, as a dude I don’t know
I'd have to think it would be understood that he gets nothing if he doesnt make the team.

His "story" or "plight" or whatever that he is trying to sell to the public is gonna take a large hit when its known that he COULD return to the league but simply didnt feel like it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd be happy to add just about any of them. I'd throw in Mike Daniels name as well. It would be great just to see them doing something to help improve what currently looks like a very weak defensive line.

It's amazing how he's kinda fell off the map. He's still relatively young. Not sure what happened.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'd have to think it would be understood that he gets nothing if he doesnt make the team.

His "story" or "plight" or whatever that he is trying to sell to the public is gonna take a large hit when its known that he COULD return to the league but simply didnt feel like it.
If anyone could have ever harnessed it, that guy had some serious talent.

He was flat out dominant in flashes.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Man, if its Donatari Poe all the guys here that wanted a fat boy, are getting a really fat boy!
That's fine.

At this point, we need players that make other players better.

That's next to impossible while dumpster diving, so the closest thing may be when Lee or LVE or 54 can work with something other than a broom handle in front of them

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was looking at the list and noticed Wolfe also.

He can definitely be an effective situational rusher still.

Wolfe is still relatively young and he's excellent against the run. This upcoming season will be his 9th. Last year he posted 7 sacks, 8 TFL and had 12 pressures. He's smaller at 295 but the thing about Wolfe, even coming into the league as a Rookie, he had grown man strength. He has always had that natural strength and he has a motor. I like that Dude.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Tough to grade him that way.

He is stout against the run still, but cant really get a push toward the QB. He has to be used correctly.

He wasn't able to get that push with the knee compromising his pass rush.
It remains to be seen if his explosion returns, given time to recover.:thumbup:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Cowboys get him with the hope of it returning.

Last edited:

ksg811

Reaction score
Everson Griffen must be asking for a lot of money, he turned down a $14.5mil player option.

He was going to get cut anyway. He declined the option to get into FA early before the money dried up instead of waiting for Min to cut him.