Twitter: Cowboys looking at multiple DT’s

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Doubtful.

Crawford can play RDE and backup DT. We have to see what happens with Randy first.

The Cowboys don't really have to, although, they quite possibly will. Depends on what Stephen thinks, perhaps?! :rolleyes:

817Gill

Reaction score
I'd have to think it would be understood that he gets nothing if he doesnt make the team.

His "story" or "plight" or whatever that he is trying to sell to the public is gonna take a large hit when its known that he COULD return to the league but simply didnt feel like it.
Yeah if I was to be a peak dbag, I’d probably lock in for a year (next year he’s a FA, team currently owns his rights as a RFA I think), ball out, then cash out and leave then if I wanted. Would be a low move but if you’re gonna be that kinda guy might as well go all the way

Might be his plan now lol

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
bigger emphasis on size and physicality is Nolan/Tomsula camp.
It's still bargain basing and it's likely to be a one year deal with Poe or Snack. (2 years at the most) but its clear that
it will be a different approach and desire for bigger size.

They need to do something to keep the opposing OL off of the LBers and big space eaters would help. Both the Colts and Rams exposed Marinelli's defense and the LBers not being able to get off blocks in tight spaces. LVE and Smith can be great when they have space to take full advantage of their athletic ability.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If we do sign any of these DT, do you think Crawford gets traded or cut?

I actually think Crawford is going to be part of the team thus year but it won’t be at his current cap hit. They like his leadership and versatility so I think he stays. He will be asked to take a pay cut or they could even turn his 1 year at $9 million into say 2 years at $12 million to reduce his cap hit.

Oneiros

Reaction score
who is Wolfe ? :huh:
Derek Wolfe. He played for Denver.

Pretty darn good player, my buddy who's a Broncos fan really hopes they can retain him.

He'd be a nice consolation prize to Griffen and for a fraction of the price.

Kwyn

Reaction score
What really doesn’t make sense is they obviously know how important the offensive line is, you’d think they’d feel the same way about the defensive line.
It’s about your overall philosophy

the eagles are the exact opposite

they spent a massive percentage of their cap on D-Line but very little offensively

That’s why even their injured receivers last year sucked, let alone their starters. Across the offense, they underspent.

different teams are different

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Wolfe a lot, but I think Dallas is looking for a little more girth at the DT position.

I think you are right but I'm thinking that Wolfe has flexibility to play a lot of different positions. I'm thinking we just move on from Crawford, we take that 8 mil cap savings and we go get Wolfe to replace him. We can still bring in a good Wide Body 1Tech that would be cheaper and basically handle the same duties. Those guys, while very important, are not expensive. It's the guys who can do both, stuff the run and rush the passer that are really expensive DTs.

Kaiser

Reaction score
LOL I'm not a crawford hater but maybe he does have some trade value. Carolina might be really hurting on the d-line if we sign Poe.

Trades are rare and teams rarely give up anything for a player they think is about to be cut anyway. I think the most likely scenario is Crawford is cut or take a huge paycut.

Interesting to see what the offer to Poe (or another DT) is, we still have plenty of cap space available.

boro

Reaction score
Trades are rare and teams rarely give up anything for a player they think is about to be cut anyway. I think the most likely scenario is Crawford is cut or take a huge paycut.

Interesting to see what the offer to Poe (or another DT) is, we still have plenty of cap space available.
Very true. I vote huge pay cut. Pay him like a back up

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'll take three and flush the players we've got returning in exchange.

Imagine a rotation with Poe, Harrison, McCoy and Pennel. Big bulky players you could keep fresh by dividing up the snaps. If you are going to get older players who come a little cheaper, you are going to have to limit their snaps some.

Don't see us getting more than one of them (if that), but I can dream.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Nice! A change at the HC position is what we needed to finally upgrade the interior of this defense, some of you guys have no idea what this will do for Lee, LVE, and Jaylon. If they get 350lb snacks to clog the middle, those 3 LB’s will feast!

Dontari Poe is 2 years younger, is the same height and 4 lbs lighter than snacks.

aria

Reaction score
Tough to grade him that way.

He is stout against the run still, but cant really get a push toward the QB. He has to be used correctly.
Yeah, he would be ok but I wouldn’t be as hyped up about him as some are. I think a lot of people pay more attention to names than recent production. He could have just had a down year and I’m sure there’s worse out there but I wouldn’t expect a lot.