Twitter: Cowboys looking at multiple DT’s

gmoney112

Reaction score
Wolfe is still relatively young and he's excellent against the run. This upcoming season will be his 9th. Last year he posted 7 sacks, 8 TFL and had 12 pressures. He's smaller at 295 but the thing about Wolfe, even coming into the league as a Rookie, he had grown man strength. He has always had that natural strength and he has a motor. I like that Dude.

He's also 9 months younger than Crawford.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nice! A change at the HC position is what we needed to finally upgrade the interior of this defense, some of you guys have no idea what this will do for Lee, LVE, and Jaylon. If they get 350lb snacks to clog the middle, those 3 LB’s will feast!
Yes they will. Everyone was down on Jaylon. No sir. It was our antiquated scheme. Jaylon clean will have a field day in the second level.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I don’t have the tweet but it looks like Cowboys inquiring about Mike Pennel

ultron

Reaction score
He was going to get cut anyway. He declined the option to get into FA early before the money dried up instead of waiting for Min to cut him.
Good point - I didn’t really think about that, but they Vikings have lost quite a few players this offseason.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Wolfe is still relatively young and he's excellent against the run. This upcoming season will be his 9th. Last year he posted 7 sacks, 8 TFL and had 12 pressures. He's smaller at 295 but the thing about Wolfe, even coming into the league as a Rookie, he had grown man strength. He has always had that natural strength and he has a motor. I like that Dude.
I like Wolfe a lot, but I think Dallas is looking for a little more girth at the DT position.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Everson Griffen must be asking for a lot of money, he turned down a $14.5mil player option.

Yeah -- I suspect that's why he's lasted this long without being signed. Most teams are probably waiting for him to require less.

boro

Reaction score
If we do sign any of these DT, do you think Crawford gets traded or cut?

Carson

Reaction score
If we do sign any of these DT, do you think Crawford gets traded or cut?

Doubtful.

Crawford can play RDE and backup DT. We have to see what happens with Randy first.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I like Poe and his size. He can be a real physical obstacle.

When 100% healthy, he had a pretty good pass rush in the past. If he's able to return to what he was before, look out.

quickccc

Reaction score
Is this McCarthy and Tomsula? Has to be. Such a shift in how Dallas has approached the type of FAs the last several years.

bigger emphasis on size and physicality is Nolan/Tomsula camp.
It's still bargain basing and it's likely to be a one year deal with Poe or Snack. (2 years at the most) but its clear that
it will be a different approach and desire for bigger size.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I read that they dont want Irving back and I'm quite surprised by that.

I'm not sure how you justify bringing Gregory back but not him....other than Jerry didnt blow a 2nd on Irving.

In that case, YES, they had better dive into the DT market.

Gregory isn’t a complete jerk. Irving is.