News: Cowboys McCarthy Praises Dak In Loss Why?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
MM fooled everyone by inviting cameras into his house to show how he had locked himself in and poured over film for months upon months to suddenly reinvent himself....BS!!!

Jones boys fooled again. Who would have thought?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Let me translate for McCarthy......it wasnt Daks fault; or anyone in uniform....the coaches screwed this up.

To be fair McCarthy did give us a heads up that we would look sloppy early do to not having tape. And in my opinion coaching aside I thought we played much better collectively once the game settled down....again coaching aside.
That would be fair IF McVay also had his team look lost at times. Yet they had no tape on Dallas and still somehow dissected Dallas defense fairly easily. So, that excuse doesn't work. New motto for this team should be:
NO EXCUSE!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
The OL struggled most of the game.
The defense looked confused and tentative, unsure, even in press AP lining up.
Without Byron Jones, we have no one who can cover a TE....Rams could have run their TEs over middle all game. The DBs we used looked like midgets beside Higgins and Kupp.

LBs were garbage. The switch of Smith and LVE didn’t seem to play to either guy’s strengths to me. Before injury, LVE was not credited with a single tackle?
LVE needs to retire. We do not need another great player in name only like Sean Lee. Sad to see that LVE is so injury prone. That is not good for a LB.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
thats a 28million dollar AAV description of a QB...hes not worth the deal hes seeking.. doesnt mean we hate him or dont want him but good isnt great and defitly not elite..

even with win and MM should have kicked the FG , that for sure...
Exactly. Some fans equate hate for a guy who some of us say he is not worth the elite contract he is seeking. Just like Lawrence, he is average. Yet he is paid to be ELITE. He clearly is not. I don't hate the guy I just do not agree that he is earning $21 mil a year. He should be geting about $10 mil with the production he is giving us.

Dak is a good QB. He is not a $35 mil or higher per year QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yes that is what it is. I am so ignorant.

aren't you one of the guys who told me Dallas would blow out the rams and that they were missing all kinds of players and are not any good?
No, that was someone else...or you are making things up as usual. I did predict the Cowboys would win in a close game (23 - 20), which they should have according to the final score, so that pretty much proves you are making stuff up once again.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
My one complaint against Dak in this game was he didn't test the defense deep enough. He should have thrown a few deep (Anything more than 20 yards in the air) a few more times. Other than that, I agree, I thought he looked good. Oh, He did seem to lock onto Cooper late and he took a sack because he was starring Cooper down and had no idea he was about to get sacked.
Dak was under pressure the whole game long. He rarely had time to find any deep developing pass plays. Plus, the WRs were struggling to get open deep. Kellen Moore should have done what the Rams did: run WR screens, bootlegs, counter plays, play-action, etc. Moore dropped the ball big time with his terrible play calling. Should have gone much quick-hitting/counter plays to counter the Rams constant pressure against our feeble Oline.

BIGS87

Reaction score
3 points in 2nd half is a joke! Kellen Moore got out coached! How about trying a screen to zeke ?? If dak has no time, get the hall out quick like what Goff was doing to us!

MikeB80

Reaction score
No, that was someone else...or you are making things up as usual. I did predict the Cowboys would win in a close game (23 - 20), which they should have according to the final score, so that pretty much proves you are making stuff up once again.

yea if you didnt tell me that then yes I am speculating. I thought you were one of the people. Thats on me.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jarwin catches this, and we don't have the whole 4th down conundrum

another off target pass sure it could have been caught but guys stopped leaning left and pas comes way right and hard..stop protecting Dak and pass on the 4th down behind back hip supposed to be led front sideline..just saying lets do the what if on Dak being more accurate and the game ends differently..:rolleyes:o_O

InTheZone

Reaction score
Jarwin catches this, and we don't have the whole 4th down conundrum

Since that is slow mo look at Shultz thinking out loud "this pass is to me?"

Schultz is literally waiting on his route for Dak to wind up and throw. I'm going to assume Dak was throwing away from everyone because of the nearest LB, but had he thrown it earlier that's an easy catch, not a last second reach. (Again, assuming Dak throws on target)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
which young players outside of steele and lamb were learning this offensive system?

They all have something to learn, regardless of their age. You've likely noticed how they performed on both sides of the ball in Sunday night's game. Within the present Cowboys staff, each individual member has his own personal expectations as to what he expects in the future. No one individual is totally aware of everything needed to help his cause. The transition to their newfound schemes and methods are obviously something in progress.

Those staffers are the ones who will carry the team to their final results in the weeks ahead. I'm certain they all have something to say that needs to be heard and observed before their expectations are met. In view of their players performances, I'm certain they all have something of importance to learn before this staff's lofty expectations can be satisfactorily met.

Last edited:

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
The problem was execution not coaching and no I don’t have a problem with going for it on 4th down, it’s the kind of play that if they hit it fires up the team. That being said I don’t think Dak is going to be the QB next year. This team has way too much holes to dedicate that much money on a QB just now
that is a pretty bold prediction and the likelyhood of that is nil

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Dak was under pressure the whole game long. He rarely had time to find any deep developing pass plays. Plus, the WRs were struggling to get open deep. Kellen Moore should have done what the Rams did: run WR screens, bootlegs, counter plays, play-action, etc. Moore dropped the ball big time with his terrible play calling. Should have gone much quick-hitting/counter plays to counter the Rams constant pressure against our feeble Oline.
Yea, I do not think they utilized the whole field enough. You could tell that the rams automatically wanted to get the ball out of Goff's hands asap. I am not sure if the Boys had a similar feeling but there wasnt enough quick strikes to get the defense to back down a bit so it can open up. I think it instead the defense simply attacked us all game with few chances to really push big plays.

cowboygo

Reaction score
another off target pass sure it could have been caught but guys stopped leaning left and pas comes way right and hard..stop protecting Dak and pass on the 4th down behind back hip supposed to be led front sideline..just saying lets do the what if on Dak being more accurate and the game ends differently..:rolleyes:o_O
threw away from the defender. if he threw where you said, and he drops, you'd be complaining either way.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I think its important to realize that this is also a test for the type of team we can expect to play in the playoffs. They will be prepared to go against us, they will plan for us, and we must do better than what we put out today. We wont be making big plays every game but the right plays at the right time is whats needed to pull out wins just like this.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

If he threw the ball directly to him, the defender EASILY break that up - he threw it the one place Schultz could make a play. Ball hits him IN BOTH HANDS!!!! Some of you are just getting ridiculous now.