Cowboys must draft a back!

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
What stud running backs in the draft would fit Dallas needs? Rico Dowdle and Duece Vaughn aren't going to cut it. Neither is a return of a washed up Zeke.
Not a great year to draft a back sadly

Praxit

Reaction score
.....I think they need defensive players. Most have gone to commanders.

Will be a miracle this team wins 10 games in 24'.

rambo2

Reaction score
.....I think they need defensive players. Most have gone to commanders.

Will be a miracle this team wins 10 games in 24'.
Lol, they should win 10 games. Over and under is 10.5.

GMO415

Reaction score
What stud running backs in the draft would fit Dallas needs? Rico Dowdle and Duece Vaughn aren't going to cut it. Neither is a return of a washed up Zeke.
You mean a 5-3" RB was a waste of a draft pick?

GMO415

Reaction score
You are so clever.
felix-the-cat-the-twisted-tales-of-felix-the-cat.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Supposed to be one of the weaker drafts for RBs in recent history.
I heard it’s weak at the top but deep. We just have to hope we hit on one. RB has one of the best odds on getting a hit.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Is anybody else scared that since this is a weak RB class we will reach for him at 1 just to be sure we get the best of the bad?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Brooks is there at 56 I don’t see the Cowboys passing on him if the rumors are true. Supposedly there is going to be a run on running backs and safety in the second so this might be a Schoonmaker situation.
Jonathon Brooks is a way better prospect than Schoonmaker. Cowboys would be smart to take Brooks if he's still there at #56. Yes, Jonathon Brooks has a torn ACL, but he's going to be very good once he fully heals.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Bottom of the list to me, Dallas does not need a stud RB going into this next season. I hope they don't waste an early draft pick.

This entire season should be a referendum on Dak and Big Mike. Dak's arm must be the focal point of this offense, not some balanced attack. The offensive line is better at pass blocking than run blocking. So the Cowboys should stop wasting plays trying to run the ball early in games. Pass the ball (but still use play action), get a lead, and THEN run the ball... preferably with a 2-score lead.

I think they need, in this rough order for the draft:
1. DT
2. LB
3. Offensive Line
4. Free Safety
5, 6 and 7. Best Available (a 2nd OL, LB and DT for added depth) or maybe a WR if there's a decent one left

If this team can't stop the run, and if they can't pass block, they have no chance of winning in the playoffs. Running the ball right now is optional, not mandatory.

McCarthy's playbook (those stretch runs), they're just not effective enough to dedicate too many plays to them. The Cowboys RB got stuffed too often behind or at the LOS. They should just use play action, and use the short passing game to offset the runs (more screens and passes to the RBs - so find a RB who can catch, and block, if possible).

Once McCarthy is gone, and they have a new running playbook and philosophy, THEN find a good RB and then teach the o-line how to run block.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jonathon Brooks is a way better prospect than Schoonmaker. Cowboys would be smart to take Brooks if he's still there at #56. Yes, Jonathon Brooks has a torn ACL, but he's going to be very good once he fully heals.
You’re right, I probably should have said one of regrets the Cowboys had was drafting Schoonmaker over Achane, the Dolphins running back or waiting so long to draft a running back at all. The Cowboys really pooped the 2023.

Aven8

Reaction score
The more I watch Wright the more I get excited. The dude has some wheels. This team needs more speed.

rambo2

Reaction score
Is anybody else scared that since this is a weak RB class we will reach for him at 1 just to be sure we get the best of the bad?
No, they are set up to draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round.