Lloyd
Irving

Backs ranked between 60 and 70:
Benson
Brooks

rambo2

Reaction score
Don't need one. Zeke is coming back.;)
It's going to be interesting and exciting on who they get in the draft and how it works out. Will they get Benson or Brooks in the 2nd or will they wait until the 3rd? At this point I would think they would go with Benson or Brooks, but what if a Payton Wilson or a Corley is available in the 2nd? It will be a hard, but exciting choice.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
No, they are set up to draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round.
says who? If they feel this is a need, the one they want may not be there late 2nd. Pretty clear this is the plan but.....but....

rambo2

Reaction score
says who? If they feel this is a need, the one they want may not be there late 2nd. Pretty clear this is the plan but.....but....
They would want more than 1. They either get Benson or Brooks in the 2nd or one of Allen, Wright, Irving, Corrum, or Lloyd in the 3rd.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Isn't it funny that the running game was so bad last year and that this year it will be even worse?

rambo2

Reaction score
Isn't it funny that the running game was so bad last year and that this year it will be even worse?
How will it be worse? They very well may have an upgrade at center and running back. Would Jackson Powers-Johnson or Barton and Benson or Brooks be an upgrade?

plasticman

Reaction score
They were interested. They kept missing out as they went off the board. They are more interested now and the board falls well for them to get one in the 2nd or 3rd round. They should get a good one between 56 and 87.
I agree with those who say they shouldn't draft one in the 1st round. As far as last draft is concerned, they could have been trying for one in the 2nd or 3rd like you say. There were no RB's available at their draft position, the next RB after their 2nd round pick was 13 picks later.

In the 3rd round it was 25 picks later so they would have obviously lost a great deal of value.

I'm projecting them to take Braelon Allen in the 3rd.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am perplexed why people list Allen as a target but not Estime. Now, to be clear, I wouldn't take either with a premium pick and prefer other guys to both, but it seems Estime gets knocked for his 40 times and apparent lack of explosiveness but Allen might be an even bigger plodder.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
How will it be worse? They very well may have an upgrade at center and running back. Would Jackson Powers-Johnson or Barton and Benson or Brooks be an upgrade?
We will have two new starters on the OL, same crummy blocking scheme and coach, and a rookie at RB. How could it not be worse?

rambo2

Reaction score
We will have two new starters on the OL, same crummy blocking scheme and coach, and a rookie at RB. How could it not be worse?
They main problem with the running game was with the center that left. Our coach is a good coach. The rookie runner would be an upgrade.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
They main problem with the running game was with the center that left. Our coach is a good coach. The rookie runner would be an upgrade.
Time will tell. But I don't look at any of the runners in this draft as better than Pollard. It's an awful class for RBs.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Brooks in the 2nd is just crazy to me after a knee injury.
It‘s something they always seem to do. I have no doubt he’s better than just about all of our recent 2nd round picks. But enough already with these injured players.