Cowboys must draft a back!

Loso86

Reaction score
LOL, Elliott is washed. His only value here would be as a blocker and maybe short yardage guy.
D. Cooks is washes Zeke had decent numbers last year !nd would come here and still have more TFs then Pollard did last hear sooooo

morasp

Reaction score
Last year MM wanted to run the ball more so I wanted to look at how a good run game correlated to playoff success

Team Y/C
1 Dolphins 5.1
3 Ravens 4.9 AFC Conference championship
4 49ers 4.8 Super Bowl
5 Lions 4.6 Conference Championship
8 Bills 4.3 Divisional game
11 Rams 4.3 Divisional game
12 Packers 4.3 Divisional game
13 Chiefs 4.3 Super Bowl
18 Cowboys 4.1 Wild card game

Three of the final four teams were in the top five in yards per carry. The Chiefs were only top 13 but they have a pretty good QB Also Aaron Jones was missing due to injury for quite a few games.

It looks like there is a pretty good correlation and the Cowboys have some room for improvement so how do this years RBs in the draft compare to last years rookie class with similar draft grades:

6.84 Bijan Robinson Rushing 214/976 4.6 Y/A REC 58/487 8.4 Y/R
6.38 Jonathon Brooks
6.37 Jahmyr Gibbs Rushing 182/945 5.2 Y/A REC 58/487 8.4 Y/R
6.33 Jaylen Wright
6.23 Devon Achane Rushing 103/800 7.8 Y/A REC 27/197 7.3 Y/R
6.23 Trey Benson

Tony Pollard Rushing 252/1005 4.0 Y/A REC 55/311 5.7 Y/R

It looks like we have an opportunity to get better through the draft if they can also bring in a good run blocking offensive lineman that is also good in pass protection.

I think they should absolutely go after one of the top three RBs in this years draft class and also target the offensive line early on.

Sydla

Reaction score
D. Cooks is washes Zeke had decent numbers last year !nd would come here and still have more TFs then Pollard did last hear sooooo
He averaged 3.5 ypc last year.

Stop. You Elliott fans have got to let it go. He’s done as a good, quality TB.

rambo2

Reaction score

When you score from the 1 and 2 yardlines, what is your yards per carry?

Loso86

Reaction score

Not an Elliott fan just a fan of reality, 3.5 or not what did Pollard average and How many TDs did he have. Dont just reply to what you want to reply to all of my message then. The commemt was about being WASHED.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I remember during Zeke's last year in Dallas, one game
he had 3 carries 3 yards 2 tds and a 1st down on 4th and inches. Without those 3 yards, Dallas would've lost.

Zeke had a game in NE where he gained 140 total yards.
He had over 50 catches in NE with some kid named Zappe(?) throwing him passes.

This off-season is so "off" that signing Zeke would be considered great news! Heck, I'll take it.

Sydla

Reaction score
He had only 3 TDs last year.

Try again.

But kudos for being pro-Elliott just in case we sign him. You can then praise the front office at how great they were. LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not an Elliott fan just a fan of reality, 3.5 or not what did Pollard average and How many TDs did he have. Dont just reply to what you want to reply to all of my message then. The commemt was about being WASHED.
He’s basically washed. The wear and tear has taken its toll.

We all criticized the run game last year and how Pollard didn’t play well and yet he averaged 4.0 ypc and had double the TDs of Elliott.

chicago JK

Reaction score
It is just a shame Dallas didn’t look to grab a back in Free agency to be a 1-2 year placeholder. Especially with this draft class. We have so many other needs and I frankly am not excited about drafting a back in round 2. They may need to though because if you wait until the third you will probably see some RB run.

Signing Aaron Jones or someone like that and then focusing on your other needs in the draft seemed like a easy decision to make

Loso86

Reaction score

We all criticized the run game last year and how Pollard didn’t play well and yet he averaged 4.0 ypc and had double the

We all criticized the run game last year and how Pollard didn’t play well and yet he averaged 4.0 ypc and had double the TDs of Elliott.
Lol now he's basically washed

rambo2

Reaction score
He had only 3 TDs last year.

Try again.

But kudos for being pro-Elliott just in case we sign him. You can then praise the front office at how great they were. LOL.
12 the year before.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Totally opposed to an early Jonathon Brooks round pick ( 1 or 2 ) to Dallas . Too many other needs namely OL DT & LB . Grab Trey Benson out of Fl St round 3 RB by committee him with Dowdle . Or a Blake Corum out of Michigan .

rambo2

Reaction score
Totally opposed to an early Jonathon Brooks round pick ( 1 or 2 ) to Dallas . Too many other needs namely OL DT & LB . Grab Trey Benson out of Fl St round 3 RB by committee him with Dowdle . Or a Blake Corum out of Michigan .
Brooks and Benson are 2nd or 3rd round picks.

rambo2

Reaction score
If they sign Zeke it would be as a vet minimum and he would provide depth while being a short yardage and 2nd back. Probably would be a good fit for Dallas behind Benson or Brooks.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If they sign Zeke it would be as a vet minimum and he would provide depth while being a short yardage and 2nd back. Probably would be a good fit for Dallas behind Benson or Brooks.

I thought Dowdle was misused by MM on short yardage or inside the 5 last yr . Rather not revisit Zeke .

rambo2

Reaction score
I thought Dowdle was misused by MM on short yardage or inside the 5 last yr . Rather not revisit Zeke .
They still have Dowdle for depth. This would be good.
1.Benson or Brooks, or Wright
2. Zeke
3. Dowdle
4. Vaughn or Ali