Cowboys not buying at trade deadline?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Our roster, as is, is not capable of winning a SB. It’s a playoff team, maybe a one win in the playoffs team. Right now the 49ers, Eagles and Lions are all better and would(have) beat us. So we can stand pat and “like our guys” or be proactive and add a couple pieces that could give us a better chance.

rambo2

Reaction score
Our roster, as is, is not capable of winning a SB. It’s a playoff team, maybe a one win in the playoffs team. Right now the 49ers, Eagles and Lions are all better and would(have) beat us. So we can stand pat and “like our guys” or be proactive and add a couple pieces that could give us a better chance.
The 49ers and Eagles are struggling now as they strat to lose some key players.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You can't tell Jerry that this team isn't going to win it all this year, he feels happy and will remain happy

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bigtime.

Im not saying to get ripped off just to trade for a guy but my gosh this team clearly needs a bit more juice.

With Dak Prescott as your QB I can’t understand why they wouldn’t be trying to get a deal done for Henry.

I’d feel a lot better going on the road in the playoffs when Dak freaks out and hides in his shell if he could just turn around and hand the ball to Henry.
I remember those that posted and supported the thought that Pollard could be an every down back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I remember those that posted and supported the thought that Pollard could be an every down back.

By modern day standards he’s an every down back…

Is Christian Mccafrey an every down back? Because that’s the Pollard comparison as far as skill set.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How nice it would be to see the Denver broncos quarterback, join the Cowboys

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He sucks. Dak is better than him at this point.

Russell Wilson might not even be as good as Baker Mayfield.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
By modern day standards he’s an every down back…

Is Christian Mccafrey an every down back? Because that’s the Pollard comparison as far as skill set.
Its tricky, its not a comparison because anyone would be a fool to not rate CM ahead of TP, but I understand the comparison and how they can be used similarly and understand the injury risk as well.
Depth will be critical down the strech and into post season and will Dowdle and Davis be enough depth?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why this team won't go far cause of our cheap *** ownership
The CBA requires all teams spend a minimum percent of the salary cap over any four year period. There may be a desire to be cheap, but it is, not surprisingly, prohibited by agreement with the Player’s Association. Jerry Jones is not and has never been “cheap”.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is too stupid to realize how a trade can change an entire season. Look at the McCaffery trade last year. Instead were stuck with some moron in the front office who thinks he knows football and the only thing he did to earn his job was come out of the right sack.

Trajan

Reaction score
Cowboys are what they are. A good team, can make it to the playoffs, but not one who grabs those key pieces to get over the hump.

Sadly, we are not top tier, and it seems the teams plans each year is just hope we get a spark, or the better teams fail and we sneak in. We have real holes at WR, TE, LB that we need to fill to take the next step.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is cooked. Everyone blamed the Denver coaches last year. He's just as bad under Sean Payton.

I understand a lot of the Dak angst around here. But remember what they say, be careful what you wish for.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is all rumors and I am hesitant to even post this, but I am seeing reports that the Cowboys have "reached out" to Arizona about tight end Zach Ertz.

The sticking points are getting the Cardinals to eat some of his $12 million salary and the fact he's 33 years old.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I have a boring trade proposal but one that might make sense in the long run.

Seeing as Dallas is supposedly interested in Zach Ertz, I would send the Cardinals Sam Williams and a 7th round pick in exchange for Ertz and a 4th round choice.

In essence I am trading Williams away for the 4th and giving Arizona a 7th for Ertz.

Williams' playtime has been going down every week and I think his off-field ignorance has him in the doghouse here.