Cowboys not buying at trade deadline?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't care either way if they trade it not. However, if they do trade I really wish they would get the trade completed first thing Monday(Tuesday this year cause of MNF) so the player has almost 2 weeks during the bye to get a better understanding of the plays and team.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think they’ll be opportunistic if the price is right on a role player but I kind of figured this s8nce they’ve made 3 trades this calendar year already but let’s see what shakes loose

kevm3

Reaction score
We literally think we can win by only the draft and picking up bargains here and there at the beginning of free agency.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this bolded statement right here makes me question things. I know what they say but their action speak a different tune. I know they are making $$ hand over fist and thats probably goal 1 to them
I've said many times that the SB isn't really the goal. They just want relevance every year. As long as they are seen as playoff contenders they are happy to sell hope to fans This is why Stephen doesn't want to trade picks or do anything close to a rebuild.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We gave a 1st for Amari mid-season just four years ago.
I don't think we've identified a weakness quite like our receivers were that year. There are positions we could definitely upgrade, though.

Motorola

Reaction score
Guess its about the timing sometimes, I remember when the Rams SIGNED THE X DENVER RB OFF THE STREET THE WEEK BEFORE he ran all over us in the playoffs.
It's amazing and amusing --- the embellishment of C.J. Anderson's story following his performance against the Cowboys in that playoff game.

First off - Anderson began the 2018 season on the Carolina Panthers team. Although playing sparingly - he was on the active roster throughout the first half (9 games) of the season. Released November 12th; three weeks later Anderson was signed by the Raiders (Dec. 5th). After one week, he was released (Dec. 11th).

One week later - Dec. 18th - Anderson was signed by the Rams.
The last two games of that season, he had stellar production___
Week 16 - 20 carries for 167 yards and a touchdown.
Week 17 - 23 carries for 132 yards and a touchdown, along with 3 catches for 22 yards.
So the urban legend narrative that C.J. Anderson was an ex-player sitting on the couch before playing Dallas in that playoff game is sheer bunk = a flat out lie.

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean, how do you touch up the Mona Lisa?
mr Risen---but our Mona Lisa someone took a small hatchet to it???....yes she still looks pretty good but

would not hurt get some help??...just a thought?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would be scouring Eagles, Chiefs, Lions.
Typhus--- a lot of change needs to be made before we play those games...incuding personnel?,,,,was good to

see Dak make more downfiled throws against Chargers....but still our red zone offense from 70+% last year

to 30+% this year.....NAWWW man....major change and updates if you think you are making a run this year?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think we've identified a weakness quite like our receivers were that year. There are positions we could definitely upgrade, though.
still burns me up give a 1st for Amari that saved our season 2018 and give him away for a 5th over Covid issues?

come on man....those shots and boosters people still die??...i know of some personally where i live....Dak was

a monster some games having Amari who demanded doubled teams ...his last year we almost had 3 receivers

1000...Amari 1000, Gallup 1100 and Ceedee 900...Amari opened up the lanes for other receivers ...Dak not been the

same since.....if we had that corps and this defense....come on man???

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
giphy.gif
you nailed it

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys have recently adopted a wise policy. They will not sacrifice their ability to acquire talent in the future in an attempt to improve their team today.

Besides, the last thing the Cowboys need to do is appear desperate. Any team that openly expresses interest in a player due to an injury at that position will overpay.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I can get on board with that. The outlay of draft capital for a pretty much a 4 month rental. In season trades especially when a team can guess what your priority wants are you get bent over. Would Henry be nice sure but after parting with high picks him re-signing here is a roll of the dice there are other teams with more cap space etc, etc.