Cowboys not buying at trade deadline?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen hates in season moves. And maybe there is none to make but if SB is the goal you have to at least consider adding good talent now and not just look at available free agents who couldn't make any practice squad.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
We should be looking for a power back and another LB at the very least.
The unfortunate part is these positions were available throughout this years draft and we picked players that have had virtually 0 impact on this team.

rambo2

Reaction score
Who in the hell would ever think that with Chuckles in charge of Boogers purse strings....I was thinking they would probably go after maybe Derrick Shepard and Darryl Clack.
Do they need anybody or would it be better to keep the draft picks?

rambo2

Reaction score
The unfortunate part is these positions were available throughout this years draft and we picked players that have had virtually 0 impact on this team.
What power back would you have taken and when? They drafted a good linebacker in the 3rd round.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Those two have a poor understanding of windows under which to win.

They are delusional to the point where they think that window is always open.

They want to assure mediocrity while other teams understand when to push a little harder to win before losing key players.

They should also not have to trade picks for players when they are available for money only in the off-season, but the cheapness of the kid leaves us short every time.

Kumala808

Reaction score
I would not give away any first round picks. 2nd maybe cause that's been our worst round lol

rambo2

Reaction score
Those two have a poor understanding of windows under which to win.

They are delusional to the point where they think that window is always open.

They want to assure mediocrity while other teams understand when to push a little harder to win before losing key players.

They should also not have to trade picks for players when they are available for money only in the off-season, but the cheapness of the kid leaves us short every time.
They aren't mediocre now. Well on their way to a 3rd double digit win season in a row.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Derrick Henry would be nice. If Kyle Pitts was available, that would be hella nice also. Both would be insanely outstanding. Would fix our red zone woes.

starfan1

Reaction score
Stephen hates in season moves. And maybe there is none to make but if SB is the goal you have to at least consider adding good talent now and not just look at available free agents who couldn't make any practice squad.
this bolded statement right here makes me question things. I know what they say but their action speak a different tune. I know they are making $$ hand over fist and thats probably goal 1 to them

fivetwos

Reaction score
They aren't mediocre now. Well on their way to a 3rd double digit win season in a row.
Yep, and fall short in the end. Repeatedly.

Will that happen this year? I don’t know and neither do you, but it HAS happened lately….whereas they may have gone further if they didn’t take a full pass on top free agents.

There are windows under which to win. They rely on mid round picks to become effective starters, and if they actually DO, they could never keep them all.

I’m not saying to pull a Rams, but identifying your best position to win and adding something extra during that time isn’t bad business.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Bigtime.

Im not saying to get ripped off just to trade for a guy but my gosh this team clearly needs a bit more juice.

With Dak Prescott as your QB I can’t understand why they wouldn’t be trying to get a deal done for Henry.

I’d feel a lot better going on the road in the playoffs when Dak freaks out and hides in his shell if he could just turn around and hand the ball to Henry.
We overvalue our own talent.
Look at Randy Gregory for example.
We were ready to give him the big bucks.
Dodged a bullet there!!!

ghst187

Reaction score
Hankins is about as much as Jerry and company are willing to do during the season. It would take a truly MAJOR situation for them to go farther.
Hankins was a great get though have to say

Jarntt

Reaction score

I call BS on this tweet. The Jones' boys probably change their minds every day on the topic and have no clue themselves what they are planning before 10/31. I said this offseason after we finally started making trades that Jerry was done with the same old same old approach. If there is a top player available and the salary is reasonable we will go get him. Jerry realizes his time is running out and the fact that both trades he made seem to have helped our roster is only going to reinforce the idea is his mind. If you ever listen to Jerry talk you know he goes into the past to decide what to do in the future and those trades fresh in his mind (and the failures of the last couple of years after not making big trades) are going to make it hard for him to stand pat IMO

rambo2

Reaction score
Yep, and fall short in the end. Repeatedly.

Will that happen this year? I don’t know and neither do you, but it HAS happened lately….whereas they may have gone further if they didn’t take a full pass on top free agents.

There are windows under which to win. They rely on mid round picks to become effective starters, and if they actually DO, they could never keep them all.

I’m not saying to pull a Rams, but identifying your best position to win and adding something extra during that time isn’t bad business.
Well, they are in a good spot presently and have as good a chance as any team.