Cowboys not getting alot of respect heading into playoffs

ShiningStar

Reaction score
It does not matter a future game is not going to be determined by a past game. I fully expect Seahawks to be pumped up for the playoffs I also expect Dallas to be pumped up as well. I think you are putting your own personal feelings on the Cowboys, that some how if they win this game Sunday they will then have chance.

im just saying as far as respect, if Dallas wants to start on it, they gotta have a complete game against the hapless Giants. Lose or let the GIants stay in teh game and everyone is saying 1 and done. it will be repeated until Dallas wins in teh playoffs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas needs a complete win, a soft win or a loss will play on everyone.

No it will play on you. This game means nothing and you building it up does not change that. Yes I hope starters go out there and produce and then get them out of the game. Injuries we can't do anything about and all the feel good means nothing is Zeke ends up on IR or Cooper goes down or players on Defense go down. That is real that is not some movies BS

ShiningStar

Reaction score
No it will play on you. This game means nothing and you building it up does not change that. Yes I hope starters go out there and produce and then get them out of the game. Injuries we can't do anything about and all the feel good means nothing is Zeke ends up on IR or Cooper goes down or players on Defense go down. That is real that is not some movies BS

other teams have injuries and survive. heck the Eagles won with a back up qb. that does play into all of this as well. Dont worry once the Cowboys are thrown out you can still high give your friends. its cool. the rest of us need to see something out of a team thats supposed to represent not get it becuase they were the best of teh worse. we used to have standards, now we are thrilled just be the best of the worst.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
im just saying as far as respect, if Dallas wants to start on it, they gotta have a complete game against the hapless Giants. Lose or let the GIants stay in teh game and everyone is saying 1 and done. it will be repeated until Dallas wins in teh playoffs.

People are already saying that including the mob around here and beating NY is not going to change that. Let says Dallas wins and even wins big vs NY it will not change anyone mind it will not erase negatives this team has contended with and it will have no bearing at all vs Seattle. I want to see Starter go in and play well then I want to see them out of the game. If Dallas wins great if they lose fine.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
People are already saying that including the mob around here and beating NY is not going to change that. Let says Dallas wins and even wins big vs NY it will not change anyone mind it will not erase negatives this team has contended with and it will have no bearing at all vs Seattle. I want to see Starter go in and play well then I want to see them out of the game. If Dallas wins great if they lose fine.

thats what the players will be thinking after watching another team go to the SB. "hey guys, we missed it, but we all made it and thats ok" Big thumbs up for moral victories.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
other teams have injuries and survive. heck the Eagles won with a back up qb. that does play into all of this as well. Dont worry once the Cowboys are thrown out you can still high give your friends. its cool. the rest of us need to see something out of a team thats supposed to represent not get it becuase they were the best of teh worse. we used to have standards, now we are thrilled just be the best of the worst.

Yes games that are on the line that mean the difference of making it to post season or failing you do what you have to. That is why Martin played in the Tampa game, we had everything to lose. Dallas has division wrapped up, they can't move up any higher nor can we fall any lower so it would be foolish to play him when getting him closer to 100% means a lot more. This game win or loses changes nothing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thats what the players will be thinking after watching another team go to the SB. "hey guys, we missed it, but we all made it and thats ok" Big thumbs up for moral victories.

Yeah they will think back to the Giants game and what could have been. lol Get a clue, this non sense is too funny. Dallas has nothing not one damn thing to gain vs NY. Win or lose will not change one thing. Beating Seahawks or Vikes will

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Yeah they will think back to the Giants game and what could have been. lol Get a clue, this non sense is too funny. Dallas has nothing not one damn thing to gain vs NY. Win or lose will not change one thing. Beating Seahawks or Vikes will

again i can laugh nor or later, but its coming. the rest will take care of itself. you ll forever hear "1 and done"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
again i can laugh nor or later, but its coming. the rest will take care of itself. you ll forever hear "1 and done"

Very well could happen and then what? Will life change as we know it? Dallas wins the SB or Dallas is one and done, guess what I still get up in the morning and I still have a family to take care of and a job to do.
I have been a die hard Cowboys fan since 1965 I have lived the ups and downs and will continue to do so but what the sports media thinks or even what people here thinks does not phase me or things that actually matter.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
All I keep hearing from opposing teams fans is.... "You're Cowboys Will Be One & Done". The ONLY reply I have is, "Not This Time, Rodgers Is Watching From His Couch". :lmao2:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Good! I'd rather that be the case than being overconfident.
this is maybe the dumbest cliche in all of sports.

Jimmy Johnson came straight out and said ," We will win the ball game," when we were about to play the 49ers in the 93 NFC Title game. Can you get any more confident than that? And then we went out and pretty much dominated the niners. It is simply an excuse when teams lose a game that they were expected to win. Loses to inferior teams happen all the time... it doesnt mean anyone was "Over confident," or that they "Took them lightly."

I have coached some of the best HS Softball teams to come out of our area, before we were about to win our 2nd straight State Section Title, I told our team... there is no way this team can beat you. You dont need to do anything spectacular, just be you. You are simply better. That was not over confidence, I just stated fact.... right before the team dominated the opponent to win their 2nd straight title.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why should they? They will win a weak division with a 10-6 record and under their head coach’s tenure, they have one playoff win in the previous 8 seasons and only made the playoffs two times during that same period.

Respect is earned. This team hasn’t earned much at this point.

davidariust24

Reaction score
We shouldn't get much respect because we have lots of red zone problems and our team which is a run team depends on scoring TDs in the red zone. People are talking bad about Romo but he scored a lot in the red zone. A lot to Dez Bryant or handing to Murray but we scored a lot in the red zone.