Cowboys not getting alot of respect heading into playoffs

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I dont and im not saying i do, but you have to admit the futilty of this organization and continously giving them ammo emboldens the media dislike of the team and all of that adds to the culture of the medoicrity that has taken hold in the Cowboys for the last 15 years. Its just one more factor that outweighs what we do.

This playoff game is bigger than the 4th seed. thats just fact.

Again and the media can talk that does not phase me. Hell we see far worse comments at this sight about the Cowboys than the media ever dreamed of. Playoffs are big but this upcoming game vs NY has no bearing at all on what Dallas may or may not do in the post season. I have no clue as to how long Dallas will play their starters since win or lose it does not change anything but injuries can change a lot. This is why NO is only going to play Brees for a short period and then pull him from the game vs the Panthers

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Again and the media can talk that does not phase me. Hell we see far worse comments at this sight about the Cowboys than the media ever dreamed of. Playoffs are big but this upcoming game vs NY has no bearing at all on what Dallas may or may not do in the post season. I have no clue as to how long Dallas will play their starters since win or lose it does not change anything but injuries can change a lot. This is why NO is only going to play Brees for a short period and then pull him from the game vs the Panthers

the Saints can do that and get away with it. Dallas cant. has a history of trying that and it has failed. So what does Garrett do? again, a loss will play heavily on this team. not him, just the team.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

again, and im not saying this to belittle the conversation. It is all of the swamp of mediocrity that the Jones boys have created. Media, fans, sales, stadium and of course history, heck even teh hall of fame will be affected because it ll be a long time before cowboys go into it again. The Cowboys are not just facing the Seahawks, they face a lot more.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
as i said, even the players are making up opinions and the coaches and if i was a player on the Seahawks, im looking across from me and except for a handfull of players im feeling good about myself.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
the Saints can do that and get away with it. Dallas cant. has a history of trying that and it has failed. So what does Garrett do? again, a loss will play heavily on this team. not him, just the team.

a loss to the giants does nothing. absolutely nothing, it does not change our seeding it does not have any bearing on the likely meeting with the seahawks. As for what Dallas will do in terms of starters? I don't know, I do know Martin is going to sit and should he needs to get that MCL as close to 100% as he can. What I think will likely take place is Dallas will come out with the starters and they will play but I doubt many will finish the game.

I honestly hope the Cowboys coaches are spending more time reviewing and going over the Seahawks and Vikes than spending time on a game that has no bearing on anything

Doomsday101

Reaction score
again, and im not saying this to belittle the conversation. It is all of the swamp of mediocrity that the Jones boys have created. Media, fans, sales, stadium and of course history, heck even teh hall of fame will be affected because it ll be a long time before cowboys go into it again. The Cowboys are not just facing the Seahawks, they face a lot more.

Playoffs are important but Giants game isn't. I hope we win but I seriously doubt Cowboys will play starters then entire game. I think getting out as healthy as possible means a lot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why should the Cowboys get any respect heading into the playoffs? This is probably the weakest playoff team they’ve had since the 2003 team. The team is come down a notch since the big win over Philly. They’re having serious redzone issues and they haven’t gotten past the second round of the playoffs in more than 20 years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
as i said, even the players are making up opinions and the coaches and if i was a player on the Seahawks, im looking across from me and except for a handfull of players im feeling good about myself.

Game is not going to be determined by how Seahawk players feel, it will be determined by the team who plays the best that day. Seahawks beat Dallas in Seattle and Cowboys have a chance to return the favor. Bring them on

ShiningStar

Reaction score
a loss to the giants does nothing. absolutely nothing, it does not change our seeding it does not have any bearing on the likely meeting with the seahawks. As for what Dallas will do in terms of starters? I don't know, I do know Martin is going to sit and should he needs to get that MCL as close to 100% as he can. What I think will likely take place is Dallas will come out with the starters and they will play but I doubt many will finish the game.

I honestly hope the Cowboys coaches are spending more time reviewing and going over the Seahawks and Vikes than spending time on a game that has no bearing on anything

if we cant beat on the hapless Giants, the Seahawks will be getting giddy. Again, the players have opinions too and so far the Cowboys scare no one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why should the Cowboys get any respect heading into the playoffs? This is probably the weakest playoff team they’ve had since the 2003 team. They’re having serious redzone issues and they haven’t gotten past the second round of the playoffs in more than 20 years.

True but then unless you are the Pats who does deserve much respect? Respect in my view is what teams go out and earn, regular season records will mean nothing

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Game is not going to be determined by how Seahawk players feel, it will be determined by the team who plays the best that day. Seahawks beat Dallas in Seattle and Cowboys have a chance to return the favor. Bring them on

Yea, a bunch of the Seahawks are sittig on chairs going "yea, im scared of Dak throwing on us" "that Beasley sure is used well" "Oh noes, teh Cowboys put up 10 points on the Giants , guys shut it down, we lost this" WHen they are suiting up they are thinking "does te Dallas offense scare us" no it does not. That defense will fold in the third or fourth quarter and well rip it to shreds.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
if we cant beat on the hapless Giants, the Seahawks will be getting giddy. Again, the players have opinions too and so far the Cowboys scare no one.

They will be giddy? lol They could not beat the hapless 49ers who cares? Players have opinions I agree but once the ball is kicked off those opinion do not mean anything. It will come down to teams battling on the field. You think Dallas is scared of Seahawks? these are pros not little children. Dallas was told they could not beat the Saints those saying that crap were dead wrong. Talk is always cheap. So others can say and feel as they wish, but it means nothing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True but then unless you are the Pats who does deserve much respect? Respect in my view is what teams go out and earn, regular season records will mean nothing

You’re not going to get much respect when you keep coming up short like the Cowboys have the past 20+ years. Since 2007 they’ve had two number one seeded teams go one and done. Although the defense has played well they’ve been struggling offensively all season especially in the redzone. Plus they keep shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. Hard to be optimistic about their chances.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yea, a bunch of the Seahawks are sittig on chairs going "yea, im scared of Dak throwing on us" "that Beasley sure is used well" "Oh noes, teh Cowboys put up 10 points on the Giants , guys shut it down, we lost this" WHen they are suiting up they are thinking "does te Dallas offense scare us" no it does not. That defense will fold in the third or fourth quarter and well rip it to shreds.

LOL,, Alright then but beat NY and seahawks will then be worried!!! lol give me a break this is too fricken funny

ShiningStar

Reaction score
They will be giddy? lol They could not beat the hapless 49ers who cares? Players have opinions I agree but once the ball is kicked off those opinion do not mean anything. It will come down to teams battling on the field. You think Dallas is scared of Seahawks? these are pros not little children. Dallas was told they could not beat the Saints those saying that crap were dead wrong. Talk is always cheap. So others can say and feel as they wish, but it means nothing.

it matters more htan you know. its going to embolden them at the right time or it can defeat you at the wrong time. You dont think Garrett will be hurried if he gets scared as he is want to do? he dont think the defense watching the offense get rolled will say "come on guys, lets carry those guys for morale" ? no, the seahawks know they are winners, they have done tihs and they are tihnking "what has Dallas done"? and rightly so. We scare no one and we wont be thinking "WEll San Fran beat them" we ll be thinking "Crap here we go again 1 and done" and that will have a huge effect

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You’re not going to get much respect when you keep coming up short like the Cowboys have the past 20+ years. Since 2007 they’ve had two number one seeded teams go one and done. Although the defense has played well they’ve been struggling offensively all season especially in the redzone.

Again I don't expect Dallas to be given respect, I expect Dallas to go out in post season and earn it. Dallas can't do one thing to change what has happened in the past, they do have some control over what they do now. It is funny I feel as if I am living a 2nd childhood. I grew up when Dallas was called next years winner and lovable losers, Dallas never could never get over the hump and then they did. Cowboys want respect my suggestion is go take it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
it matters more htan you know. its going to embolden them at the right time or it can defeat you at the wrong time. You dont think Garrett will be hurried if he gets scared as he is want to do? he dont think the defense watching the offense get rolled will say "come on guys, lets carry those guys for morale" ? no, the seahawks know they are winners, they have done tihs and they are tihnking "what has Dallas done"? and rightly so. We scare no one and we wont be thinking "WEll San Fran beat them" we ll be thinking "Crap here we go again 1 and done" and that will have a huge effect

It does not matter a future game is not going to be determined by a past game. I fully expect Seahawks to be pumped up for the playoffs I also expect Dallas to be pumped up as well. I think you are putting your own personal feelings on the Cowboys, that some how if they win this game Sunday they will then have chance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Philly gets in the playoffs it wouldn’t shock me if they end up in the Super Bowl again. The Saints are the team to beat but Philly would be very dangerous if they get in. That Foles magic seems to be working again.