Cowboys obliterated other teams in 2018 attendance

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Want to take a guess at which fan base is showing up to their home games? Some may guess it may be the Atlanta Falcons who famously lowered concession prices to a historically low amount. Others may say teams that went deep in the post season like the Kansas City Chiefs New England Patriots or New Orleans Saints.

The team that put the most fans in the seats is also the team that also draws the highest TV ratings: The Dallas Cowboys.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/21/dallas-cowboys-2018-attendance-2019-projection/

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The fans attending have nothing to do with Garrett. Cowboy fans have always shown up.

Can't say I agree with this Omer. As long as fans show up at capacity and as long as ratings are at the top of the charts and the apparel sales are up, that translates into profits and that is the name of the game. As long as the team is profitable, it won't matter what the product looks like. Fans are basically giving the nod to Jerry for status quo.

At least, that's my opinion.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The stadium is the 5th largest with 80K but can be expanded if necessary.

I hope that those that think the league is trying to hold the Cowboys down consider this as refuting that theory. Their dream matchup is DAL and GB in the NFCCG and DAL-PIT in the SB.

When the owner has said that the NFL is an entertainment medium, can anyone fault him for thinking he's hitting the nail on the head? All those fans, pissin' and moanin' about the last 23 years, just keep showing up.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Can't say I agree with this Omer. As long as fans show up at capacity and as long as ratings are at the top of the charts and the apparel sales are up, that translates into profits and that is the name of the game. As long as the team is profitable, it won't matter what the product looks like. Fans are basically giving the nod to Jerry for status quo.

Fans were showing up when Phillips was fired. Think there are two ways garrets tired. They bomb this yr ir like Phillips the players turned on him

aria

Reaction score
Incredible how many people continue to pay to see mediocrity live. I stopped stuffing Jerry’s pockets a game or two after the new stadium opened. Still suprised it took me that long and I regret it.

GenoT

Reaction score
Garrett has a new excuse — Jerry has proclaimed the offense belongs to Kellen Moore. Meanwhile, Garrett has nothing to do with the defense.

As long as JG doesn’t throw a public snit-fit and slag Jerry and Stephen (won’t happen), he’ll remain the HC as long as KM’s the OC.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I see what you are saying about Jerry understanding that the fans are coming and buying merchandise etc ... while Garrett is the coach, but I don't think that means Jerry believes they are coming and buying merchandise etc... because Garrett is the coach, or that they would quit coming and buying if Garrett weren't the coach. My guess is Jerry believes the way he markets the team is why they come and buy, and I doubt he would be worried in the least about them not coming if Garrett were replaced. For that matter, I'm sure he realizes a large number of fans want Garrett replaced.

JBS

Reaction score
Cowboys don't have the highest % of seats filled..they have the biggest stadium..of course they have the highest attendance..

erod

Reaction score
Dallas is a very transient city Tons of fans of almost every team live here. Each game has a lot of opponents fans wanting to see their team on that rare occasion.

Except the Lions.

And the Jaguars.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The fans attending have nothing to do with Garrett. Cowboy fans have always shown up.

There were some local blackouts in the mid to late 1980's...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dallas is a very transient city Tons of fans of almost every team live here. Each game has a lot of opponents fans wanting to see their team on that rare occasion.

Except the Lions.

And the Jaguars.

Not exactly true on the bold. I went to the game against Det back in 2011 and their fans had a very good showing. Nowhere close to what you will see when Green Bay, Chicago, or Pittsburgh visits, but it was still quite a few of their fans.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Want to take a guess at which fan base is showing up to their home games? Some may guess it may be the Atlanta Falcons who famously lowered concession prices to a historically low amount.
Atlanta actually had perfect attendance this season its just there stadium isn't even top 10 biggest in NFL (which is kinda strange considering it's a newer stadium)

Tussinman

Reaction score
The stadium is the 5th largest with 80K but can be expanded if necessary.
LA memorial got downsized this season so that bumped the cowboys stadium to 4th unless your considering New York twice

Metlife, Lambau, and FedEx field are the only 3 stadiums that technically have more physical seats than cowboys stadium.

Cowboys stadium being 4th largest + it being the 4th biggest metro in the US + party pass section padding the attendance numbers = #1 attendance for the foreseeable future