News: Cowboys offer Dak 33m / 105 guaranteed

mcmvp

Reaction score
This is the start of negotiations so they roll this out. Once all the back and forth ceases, he’ll be in the 37-38 range.

LOL that this is not the start of the negotiations. Free agency starts in 10 days. Franchise QBs very rarely make it this far without a locked up deal. They have been posturing on Dak's deal, back and forth, for over a year now.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
LOL that this is not the start of the negotiations. Free agency starts in 10 days. Franchise QBs very rarely make it this far without a locked up deal. They have been posturing on Dak's deal, back and forth, for over a year now.

Talks reinitiated last week. This is the start of round 2 as far as I’m concerned. One year of posturing means squat when talking contracts. It’s what’s actually acted on back and forth between parties where the deal actually gets done.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Talks reinitiated last week. This is the start of round 2 as far as I’m concerned. One year of posturing means squat when talking contracts. It’s what’s actually acted on back and forth between parties where the deal actually gets done.

One year of posturing means that the two sides have very different ideas regarding the value of the player. If the two sides were in the proverbial ball park a year ago, the deal would've been done

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak is like artwork, he is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. He has his offer, if he wants more I would transition tag him and let him test the market for what he percieves his worth to be.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They are close, only about 2 mil apart per year, and Dak wants a shorter deal. Dallas wants a longer deal to spread out the cap hit. I think this gets done next week honestly. They are really close. The new cba will make his price tag go over 40 mil quick..so better get him done now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It behooves Dallas to get this done now, before they vote and ratify the new CBA Thursday. I think this deal will happen and will come in around 35 36 mil per for about 4 years.

Flamma

Reaction score
I tend to agree but the thing about Goff is he is physically a better passer than Dak and is more accurate. I wouldnt of paid Goff the kind of money he was paid though.

Keep in mind that given the time, QBs will be more accurate. How does he do under pressure? All he had to do was drop back and fake to Gurley then look upfield. Him and Dak had two totally different schemes.

Flamma

Reaction score
It behooves Dallas to get this done now, before they vote and ratify the new CBA Thursday. I think this deal will happen and will come in around 35 36 mil per for about 4 years.

Or just let this guy walk because he's not Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, or Wilson. No reason to pay this guy. Let some other team waste cap space and get nowhere. We're not winning anything with this QB at that pay level.

morat1959

Reaction score
Or just let this guy walk because he's not Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, or Wilson. No reason to pay this guy. Let some other team waste cap space and get nowhere. We're not winning anything with this QB at that pay level.
THIS!

Rayman70

Reaction score
we will tank the season without him. The going rate for a decent QB is what it is and will only get worse under the new CBA. I hate the money these guys are getting, but that's the market. Tanking the year, with new coaches/staff doesn't make much sense. We are in win now mode...not 5 years from now. We have 35 million reasons TO pay him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
you all are smarter than this. Don't ya understand that after this new CBA gets done next week, what Dak is asking for will look like a bargain? We didn't bring in MM and his staff just to tank the year. If we wait Dak will want 40 per under the new CBA. We can't have our cake and eat it too. Gotta take the good with the bad. I just don't understand the disrespect the man has been getting.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak doesn't set the QB market. He is just asking for fair market value under the current CBA.

morat1959

Reaction score
He was ranked 6th in accuracy of qbs that had 280 or more attempts last season. Also has a strong arm and can make any throw. Where do you get your facts from. The dollar store?
Yes a dollar store. The same place you get your glasses.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I respect that, but if you were in his position and your peers were making more than you and you knew that in a year or two you could have been making a lot more........you might think differently. I hope he takes less, but I do not blame him one bit for asking for more. Asking for more and getting it allowed me to retire at 50. Settling for what was offered......I'd. Still be working. Just saying, Salud!

He isn't asking for more, he is actually asking for less. You have been told this many times and you still cant seem to get it.

ksg811

Reaction score

The CBA is getting ratified. The team knows, Dak knows it, and his agent knows it. It’s already being used as a negotiating tool (if his agent is worth a grain of salt). The goal isn’t to get a deal done before it’s ratified; it’s to get the first deal under the new CBA. It’s time to set the market now before the cap jumps $100 million+ over the next 3 years.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m not determining how QBs are judged, I’m telling you how the league and the Hall of Fame judges them. You have your own way of judging QBs. You don’t seem to care who wins, it’s what QB outperforms the other statistically. Most times the QB who outperforms the other, their team wins the game. As for Terry Bradshaw he outplayed Staubach in those two Super Bowls. Bradshaw won the stat battle and his team won those games. Some have Bradshaw ranked ahead of Staubach because of those two Super Bowl wins and his other two Super Bowl wins. I put Staubach ahead of Bradshaw based on his great comebacks and his ability to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

His losses to Bradshaw in those Super Bowls were clearly a result of the Steelers having the better team. Even Landry in an interview admitted the Steelers were the better team both years As for Dilfer he had one of the all-time great defenses which carried that 2000 Ravens team to a championship. Dan Marino carried his Miami teams. If you want to keep going feel free! lol

I know what happened that’s why I brought it up. Obviously Bradshaw won the super bowls from having a better team. That’s exactly what I said. Just like Goff won because he had the better team, not because he was the better QB. Same for Dilfer.

I brought those examples up for the exact reasons you’re now giving me some kind of dumb history lesson about and actually reinforcing what I was saying, which is that better teams win. And it’s not always indicate of who the better QB is.

so again, Dak was the better QB in the playoffs than Goff. But Goff’s team won because it was better. Just like Dilfer and Bradshaw won because they were on better teams. Thanks for reinforcing that point for me.

I do care who wins. We are talking strictly about a players contractual value. Not about caring during season who wins or loses. Apparently your brain can’t separate the two.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Looking forward to the FO making a decision on this each way or the other. The most important position on the team needs to be settled. Even tagging Dakota doesn’t settle the future and I’m sure MM wouldn’t like to have to change the offense after just one season for a different Qb

The best way to avoid any scrutiny is for Jerry to offer a contract that Dak won’t accept. It takes the onus off him and the front office and the optics make Dak look greedy and unwilling to compromise.

If they really wanted him they would have given into him like they did with Zeke