Twitter: Cowboys officially place Zeke on Reserve/Did not report list

ESisback

Reaction score
Here’s where I lose a bit of respect for Zeke :.. he signed a very lucrative rookie contract , he was given 16 million in his rookie year ... he is signed for two more years , he knows Dak is due now for an extension , yet he showed up , Coop is due and he showed up .. I know each player can deal in their own way but this guy has been a distraction for silly stuff since day one .. he is a helluva player at most times but you have to question his loyalty to his teammates .. again I get it, it’s a business but man Zeke .. show some respect to your teammates who are there and be there ... you do your job ... keep your nose clean and the $$$ will come ..

Well said!

aria

Reaction score
LOL....are you sure it's Zeke colors showing? Pretty strong personal attacks we're seeing.......from post to post.
I’ve always showed my colors hence the hate and unpopularity. Nothing new from me, perhaps just a little more blunt then I’ve been in awhile.

Hardline

Reaction score
You don't draft a Running Back with the 4th overall pick. The Patriots, the Colts, Steelers, Packers, Saints, Chiefs, etc. would have just traded down.

The Colts trade down every year it seems and they still kill it. Know who their RB is? A guy named Marlon Mack who they drafted in the fourth round.
Mack isn't on the same level as Zeke.

Beaker42

Reaction score
True. But not for 2 years. 4 if we tag him twice.
Tag him and ride him like a rented mule. Run him so much his wheels fall off then punt him. Time to put this ingrate in the rear view. #NoMoreMeToo

Beaker42

Reaction score
A long time ago Emmitt did the same thing. He was worth it and Zeke is worth it. Pay the man. However. unlike Emmitt, Zeke needs a life coach. Jerry has money,problem solved. it is what it is folks. I'll go out on that limb and say he's special, just not mature yet.
Maybe you hit the nail on the head and he is a little “special” with maturity being irrelevant.

Hardline

Reaction score
And I always laugh at blind cowboy homers who want to be led by their nose trusting an ownership that has caused 23 years of mediocrity while stealing money from the same stupid fans hand over fist

Good to see we both get to laugh
Jerry hasn't stolen a single penny from stupid fans, they willingly give it to him.
Jerry hasn't gotten a single penny from me in many years.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He'll show, or he'll he won't. Call him, fine him as much as possible, and if he's willing to forego an accrued season then more power to him. There are too many other big contracts on the horizon to let Zeke dictate the outcome.

Dude needs to cut that hair and beard. He looks like a cartoon character.

Knowing me I’d have told him to get his *** out to Oxnard.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Point is that the Joneses bring it on themselves with their stupidity and many of these stories are true: Dak does want 32-34 mill/year, Zeke is holding out to be paid, Cooper does want elite money and on and on

Stop blaming the media and blame the people responsible, the moron Joneses, incompetent jellyfish Garrett and the entitled players who’ve achieved nothing
What is there to complain about? Zeke should want his money now. He is going to take a beating on the field and he should be paid for being the best running back in the NFL. I can't blame the Jones family, they are businessmen who have to divide the cap evenly. If Zeke misses preseason so what. Lets let the negotiations play out.

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry hasn't stolen a single penny from stupid fans, they willingly give it to him.
Jerry hasn't gotten a single penny from me in many years.

A used car salesman, a grifter, and a fortune teller also are paid money ‘willingly’ but that does not make them any less stealers and liars and cheats

Hardline

Reaction score
A used car salesman, a grifter, and a fortune teller also are paid money ‘willingly’ but that does not make them any less stealers and liars and cheats
I've never heard of any of them putting a gun up to anyones head forcing them to give them their money .

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Whatever. Zeke will show up. He will awesome. Until then everything about Zeke not showing up is just clickbait. I'm ignoring all of it. Talk to me about the players actually there.
Teams perform best when they train and practice together. His not showing up is selfish and unprofessional. Especially, after his myriad distractions.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Teams perform best when they train and practice together. His not showing up is selfish and unprofessional. Especially, after his myriad distractions.
Time to move on. They should’ve signed Tevin Coleman to head this off at the pass. He caught the Jones’ flat footed.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Time to move on. They should’ve signed Tevin Coleman to head this off at the pass. He caught the Jones’ flat footed.
I’m not sure you can move on in a year you are probably the closest you’ve been to a SN run. He has them over a barrel.

Thing is, he knows how important this season is to teammates, team, fans, city he lives in. He’s choosing not to honor his commitments and to diminish this season’s possibility.

This is a selfish, immature player. It’s 50/50 IMO whether he is worth a long term commitment.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think we eventually get a deal done with Zeke. The FO has to know Zeke’s the straw that stirs the drink (the offense), not Dak.

That said, with the amount of touches Zeke typically gets it wouldn’t bother me if he sat out until the last 1-2 preseason games. This of course presumes he stays in shape which has been a question mark in the past.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve always showed my colors hence the hate and unpopularity. Nothing new from me, perhaps just a little more blunt then I’ve been in awhile.

And yet you say clown stuff like “he’s a man and signed his contract so honor it”. Didn’t the cowboys just cut Hurns the other day? I could have sworn he signed a 2 year deal though, so why did the cowboys not HONOR their contract? Oh right I forgot it’s only the players you guys want to have this blind loyalty. The FO can do whatever they want though right :laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
standard mode of operation guys. No big deal. He will show up at some point before the season starts.