Cowboys & OG Dalton Risner

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our lineup now is
Smith-smith-bidiaz-martin-steele right?

None of those guys are scrubs...problem is when tyron gets hurt the next guy up likely is....in a perfect state that lineup is pretty awesome but we all know the injury is coming
Everyone is a scrub to him.
I see a set up for excuses coming up from that.
If Dak and / or Pollard fail, there is a built in reason, OL sucks and Jerry did nothing to Help.

If Dak has success, it will be…Dak made a bad OL and others look good.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I keep seeing posts that signing OG Dalton Risner would guarantee a Super Bowl win and not signing him would doom the Cowboys to a winless season.

From a Broncos article:
He was the team's best offensive lineman in his rookie season and it seemed as if Denver had found a long-term answer at the guard spot.

Well, the last three years proved to not be the case. Since that stellar 2019 season, Risner has struggled mightily. He constantly got beat in pass protection and never seemed to be able to pick up a defensive stunt.

His shove of Brett Rypien on the sideline during the Broncos' Christmas Day game this past season was also a giant turn-off for many, and the team signing Ben Powers in free agency indicated that Risner was probably not returning.

But could there be a spot for him still along the offensive line? Possibly. I'm not saying that I endorse this as I think Risner isn't starting caliber material and I'm not so sure he's that loved in the locker room.

https://predominantlyorange.com/pos...-risner-could-still-start-denver-broncos-2023
Farniok gave up 0 sacks and only committed 1 penalty during the 3 games he started last season before suffering a torn hamstring. Cowboys know his worth.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I don’t know anything at all about the player. Nothing.

Just seems like we have an annual discussion about needing to add a vet OL and it doesn’t happen….and they are also scrambling for healthy starters by December.

Teams have to roll the dice in certain spots and I get that, but OL is a rough place to pull that IMO.

Kicker would probably be another but hey, they got this. According to them.

Why do I feel as if we will be drafting a guard and a kicker next year after those spots blow the upcoming one?
Because you’ve seen this movie before too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because you’ve seen this movie before too.
They had a lot of injury issues.

Tyron (expected)
McGovern
Farniok (when replacing McGovern)
Waletzko
Peters (expected)
Steele

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me it because I completely disagree with Little Enos’ assessment.
Edoga or Farniok only play once Tyron is out injured.

One of Edoga/Farniok only need to be as good as McGovern.

Farniok gave up zero sacks in 2 starts last season. He handled the big 345 pound Bengals DT quite well.

Fans love recognizable name players like Risner regardless of the players actual ability.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Farniok gave up zero sacks in 2 starts last season. He handled the big 345 pound Bengals DT quite well.

Fans love recognizable name players like Risner regardless of the players actual ability.
So you think they will move Tyler inside?

That’s what I’d like to see happen. Unless the ‘best five’ line is just lip service, I don’t see how it doesn’t include a healthy Tyron.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had a lot of injury issues.

Tyron (expected)
McGovern
Farniok (when replacing McGovern)
Waletzko
Peters (expected)
Steele
And when you’ve experienced that firsthand - as the Cowboys have - you should be better prepared than Chuma Edoga.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which happens regularly at this point.

Then I hope that Farniok can do that again. Heck, I hope he can eventually be tge team’s center.

It’s Edoga I don’t have faith in.

Vs “fans” who overrate every player their favorite team drafts or signs?