Cowboys on assistants getting Head Coach interviews

fivetwos

Reaction score
Kellen Moore seems to waffle from qualified, to no longer qualified and back again based on the play of guys who won't be with him if he takes a HC job.

Wonder why the hot coordinator thing has the success rate that it does.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It does not make sense the interviews can happen but teams cannot talk about it. If that is the case then they (League, Owners, Coaches) should not even mention that it can happen and keep it 100% behind closed doors.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep in mind, only the teams with a current job opening can interview assistants for HC next two weeks. (Jags and Raiders )

Praxit

Reaction score
..everyone thought Meyer would do the incredible. Irony spoke louder. Being HC is difficult in NFL.

Especially since everything is funneled through the press.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two dead end jobs.

Quinn is on his final shot. If I'm him...I stay as close to Micah as I possibly can and keep depositing those Jerry checks.

If he's smart, that's what he'll do. He's in the exact role that he should be, he's a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. Take the raise that Jerry will offer - and if Jones is smart, it will be lower end head coach money - and stay in the role you're best suited for.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If he's smart, that's what he'll do. He's in the exact role that he should be, he's a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. Take the raise that Jerry will offer - and if Jones is smart, it will be lower end head coach money - and stay in the role you're best suited for.
Absolutely.

We will never know, but I'd wager McClay is making low end GM money to do the job Jerry holds the title of. He also doesn't take GM interviews, which is remarkable since I'd hire him as GM way before Quinn or Moore as HC. I'm probably not alone.

Is perfect? Nope, but look around the league at all the colossal GM failures. Would be tough to lose McClay. The current success is all about how they have drafted lately, and it ain't Jerry making the board lol.

JBS

Reaction score
We're going to lose both Moore and Quinn and be left with the weak link McCarthy.
Somebody is going to hire Moore? After this train wreck offensive performance? Sure. And even if somebody is dumb enough to take him, good riddance

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two dead end jobs.

Quinn is on his final shot. If I'm him...I stay as close to Micah as I possibly can and keep depositing those Jerry checks.

Dan has only had one other head coaching job and he did take Atlanta to a super bowl. The Atlanta GM destroyed that team not Quinn. He should be in line for another chance after what he's done with this defense and its not all Micah. Quinn has done an excellent job moving Micah around and giving him opportunities to look good. He has also had a tremendous influence on Diggs and Gregory. Even LVE looks decent this year. And he's done it with next to nothing at DT. I hope he stays. IMO, he is the best coach we have on the team.