Cowboys on assistants getting Head Coach interviews

plasticman

Reaction score
Absolutely.

We will never know, but I'd wager McClay is making low end GM money to do the job Jerry holds the title of. He also doesn't take GM interviews, which is remarkable since I'd hire him as GM way before Quinn or Moore as HC. I'm probably not alone.

Is perfect? Nope, but look around the league at all the colossal GM failures. Would be tough to lose McClay. The current success is all about how they have drafted lately, and it ain't Jerry making the board lol.
If Jerry wants to keep him then the salary had better change from low end GM to mid range GM. He may not take GM interviews now but the offers are going to get sweeter and sweeter.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Jerry wants to keep him then the salary had better change from low end GM to mid range GM. He may not take GM interviews now but the offers are going to get sweeter and sweeter.
Yeah I agree.

My point on him was about it being surprising he isnt the one getting the offers.

THATS the guy I would sweat losing the most.

Nothing against the other guys, but we could replace Quinn with Edwards and our HC came up as an OC.

Neither is ideal but I think McClay would be the toughest to replace of them all.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The Jags did hire Gus Bradley and got deep into the playoffs.

I think Quinn is attractive to them but Lawrence is their # 1 priority so I believe they go offensive coach.

Moore and Quinn would not leave us for a lateral coordinator position.

I’m more than fine if Moore goes. Quinn I would be helbent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
An OC who could not keep his QB in check......
doesn't matter, the stats say he was good OC before Brady.

good thing you dont make hiring decisions because whatever you think matters less than zero., hes being considered for more than one job. And?

blueblood70

Reaction score
By the way, I don't understand why you would want to interview Moore either. Just because you can design plays means nothing as to whether you can coach a whole team.
you answered your own question, that's what interviews are for, asking questions, listening to plans and answers.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
..everyone thought Meyer would do the incredible. Irony spoke louder. Being HC is difficult in NFL.

Especially since everything is funneled through the press.
..everyone thought Meyer would do the incredible. Irony spoke louder. Being HC is difficult in NFL.

Especially since everything is funneled through the press.
Lol you right, but as bad as that team is all Meyer had to do is keep his hands and feet off of other people and fly back with his team he'd still have a job. The teams play was secondary to his shenanigans in practice and off the field. That's what got him canned.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
The river of life is not static,it's dynamic and the wind of change can not be stopped ...... If they want to go and create something for themselves let them take the opportunity
i wish them well...