Cowboys on assistants getting Head Coach interviews

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good recommendation for careers in general- everyone wants to go for top dog when that is not necessarily there gift! Stay where you are best suited for - you will be much happier!

Yeah, the NFL is littered with countless good coordinators who failed again and again as head coaches. Wade Phillips, Norv Turner to name but a few that passed through Dallas.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I see Todd Bowles in LV and Leftwich in Jacksonville
Leftwich has no claim for a coaching opportunity. What did he do before Brady? Heard the other night that he felt slighted last year. Why does he think he should get the credit. That's Brady's offense and credit right there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not at all what I said.

I said he doesn't make the draft board.

I promise you that's true.
the bad drafts according to this place he does that's my point. So now all the good ones it's not him..get it it's this place personified.

its like garett when he won it was all the payers winning despite him , when they lost it was all Garett LMAO..its the fan base yes im sticking with my statement.

now this year MM is winning, yet its Quinn and moore ,not him lasty year losing it was all MM..they wanted rhule, rivera, and Meyer smh:rolleyes::popcorn: how about now..lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Leftwich has no claim for a coaching opportunity. What did he do before Brady? Heard the other night that he felt slighted last year. Why does he think he should get the credit. That's Brady's offense and credit right there.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely.

We will never know, but I'd wager McClay is making low end GM money to do the job Jerry holds the title of. He also doesn't take GM interviews, which is remarkable since I'd hire him as GM way before Quinn or Moore as HC. I'm probably not alone.

Is perfect? Nope, but look around the league at all the colossal GM failures. Would be tough to lose McClay. The current success is all about how they have drafted lately, and it ain't Jerry making the board lol.

If keeping McClay ever comes down to promoting him to official GM and getting Jerry to step down, he had better do it. McClay has proven to be one of the best talent evaluators in the entire NFL. Our draft success is nearly unmatched over the last 6-7 years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
that offense before brady was still humming Winston throwing INTs wasn't on him but didnt Winston have like 5k yards and 33 tds they were a top 3 Offense in almost all category's? so yes they were a high octane offense that made too many errors from the qb position

aikemirv

Reaction score
that offense before brady was still humming Winston throwing INTs wasn't on him but didnt Winston have like 5k yards and 33 tds they were a top 3 Offense in almost all category's? so yes they were a high octane offense that made too many errors from the qb position
An OC who could not keep his QB in check......

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at Booger and his talking about what he can't talk about.

I know something you don't know and I am not supposed to tell you So, I will tell it to someone else and they will tell you and you will know what I know because I really want you to know. Know what I mean?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing to consider if one or even both leave, plenty going on here to get some good coordinators, maybe even better?

From the half full/half empty glass comes just because it is good, do not think it cannot get better.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Yeah, you can credit Reid for Mahomes. He traded 3 picks to move up and grab him b/c he saw something nobody else saw. He got blasted for that trade after the draft. His offense was perfectly suited to Mahomes and its been a match made in heaven. You think Mahomes does the same under say Jason Garret?

I think the problem is that you are looking at these situations from 30,000 ft and not delving into the details preferring to make broad generalizations like "coaches don't matter" which is absurd. In regard to the list QB and their coaches above, they are all unique stories. There is no broad rule of thumb to drawn. All we can say for sure is that great teams tend have a mix of good coaches, players, and health. What do you think's been missing in Dallas for 25 years or did Jimmy Johnson not matter either? lol

Arians said Mahomes was the greatest player work out he ever saw.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, you can credit Reid for Mahomes. He traded 3 picks to move up and grab him b/c he saw something nobody else saw. He got blasted for that trade after the draft. His offense was perfectly suited to Mahomes and its been a match made in heaven. You think Mahomes does the same under say Jason Garret?

I think the problem is that you are looking at these situations from 30,000 ft and not delving into the details preferring to make broad generalizations like "coaches don't matter" which is absurd. In regard to the list QB and their coaches above, they are all unique stories. There is no broad rule of thumb to drawn. All we can say for sure is that great teams tend have a mix of good coaches, players, and health. What do you think's been missing in Dallas for 25 years or did Jimmy Johnson not matter either? lol

NEVER, EVER compare non cap years, teams, and coaches to current salary cap rules. Cant do it.

By the way, I LOVE Jimmy but how did he do in Miami?

Let the reasons start flowing.....

TheCritic

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but losing both coordinators is only the beginning of challenges for the 2022 season. We are also going to lose a lot of depth and won't be picking high in the draft while the Eagles and Giants both have multiple first round picks. Better make this year count Jerruh!

aikemirv

Reaction score
By the way, I don't understand why you would want to interview Moore either. Just because you can design plays means nothing as to whether you can coach a whole team.