Cowboys optimistic on signing Dak

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....and in 2019 when he had his personal stats record breaking year??? 8-8
And in 2018 and 2016 when they went to the playoffs?

Besides, the question was about Dak folding because a single OT was out, and the evidence does not support that. The record is a different matter. That's a team thing, and while the QB is part of that, he isn't all of that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And in 2018 and 2016 when they went to the playoffs?

Besides, the question was about Dak folding because a single OT was out, and the evidence does not support that. The record is a different matter. That's a team thing, and while the QB is part of that, he isn't all of that.

You didn't answer the question about 2019 but no worries.

As for 2016 and 2018, the Dallas running game carried the team.....as well as quality defensive play.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak and the offense managed 1 win against a terrible Atlanta team. Wins count, never saw anyone get to the playoffs because they threw the ball for 4000 yards.
lol - so, the defense giving up 36 points per game had nothing to do with that - no matter how many points the defense gives up it's always Dak's fault if the team loses, right?

I wonder if you hold any other QB to that standard.

By the way, they also beat the Giants in a game where Dak was the QB for Cowboy possessions that accounted for 31 of the team's 37 points. Or does the offense with Dalton that got 6 points get all the credit? Again, I wonder if you would give credit in that manner with any other QB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
lol - so, the defense giving up 36 points per game had nothing to do with that - no matter how many points the defense gives up it's always Dak's fault if the team loses, right?

I wonder if you hold any other QB to that standard.

By the way, they also beat the Giants in a game where Dak was the QB for Cowboy possessions that accounted for 31 of the team's 37 points. Or does the offense with Dalton that got 6 points get all the credit? Again, I wonder if you would give credit in that manner with any other QB.

And how many of those 36 points were coming off offensive turnovers that presented the opponent with a short field? Hell most of the points scored by the opponent in the Atlanta, Seattle and Cleveland game came off offensive turnovers. We just got lucky in the Atlanta game. Yet somehow we should ignore that even though when they Win it's a "team stat" and when they lose it's all because of the defense.

Nav22

Reaction score

Don’t deflect now!

You said “elite QBs consistently make the playoffs even if their teams suck.”

Drew Brees made the playoffs 10 times in 20 NFL seasons.

So either you were DEAD WRONG (as usual) or you don’t think Drew Brees is elite.

Which is it??????
:laugh:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I understand the price of the tag has increased a bit but that shouldn't be a motivator, IMO, that gets the deal done. I doubt it does get done. He'll get tagged a second time, have a great season and then he will be on to another team in 2022 where he gets a proper deal. The Cowboys are destined to screw this up. Some folks don't mind this happening but I think it will be disastrous for the Cowboys. They'll have a great 2021 season but then Dak will walk... and I don't blame him one bit.
What I'm saying is that the tag last year means Dallas didn't have much pressure to get it done. The $31m deal is very team friendly. Now they have pressure to sign him, so they will. But you have to look at last year as the 1st year of a 5-year extension, not in a vacuum. Let's say Dak signs at 4 years, $40m per right now...he's effectively signed a 5-year, $191m deal. That's a $38m AAV. That's pretty directly in line with the 5x$175m offer. The advantage for Dallas is that you get an extra year of cost control.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Don’t deflect now!

You said “elite QBs consistently make the playoffs even if their teams suck.”

Drew Brees made the playoffs 10 times in 20 NFL seasons.

So either you were DEAD WRONG (as usual) or you don’t think Drew Brees is elite.

Which is it??????
:laugh:

I just sent you a link.. It’s what I say it is.. Elite QBs consistently make the playoffs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn't answer the question about 2019 but no worries.

As for 2016 and 2018, the Dallas running game carried the team.....as well as quality defensive play.

The question about 2019, as I said, was irrelevant to the point I made, so why let you turn attention from my point by changing the topic and acting as if it was relevant?

Now, if you want to change the topic and talk about 2019, I did at least partially address it by showing the 2019 record was not indicative of Cowboy records over Dak's entire career, and that record is a team thing that involves more than just who the QB is. But I do admit there was too much inconsistency in 2019, both with Dak and the team as a whole. I don't have a problem saying Dak was inconsistent in 2019 - do you have a problem saying Dak has shown a lot of good over his career?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Do you want me to repost Jimmy Johnsons article regarding the Cowboys and Dak? Since you like reposting things for your agenda I can too. Just that article about Jimmy praising Dak and telling the Cowboys to sign him immediately.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you want me to repost Jimmy Johnsons article regarding the Cowboys and Dak? Since you like reposting things for your agenda I can too. Just that article about Jimmy praising Dak and telling the Cowboys to sign him immediately.

You can post whatever you want I really don’t care.

I wasn’t posting an opinion piece though. It was more about facts

Jimmy and I also agreed about Dalton and a lot of you whined about that. So is Jimmy a credible source again for you?

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What I'm saying is that the tag last year means Dallas didn't have much pressure to get it done. The $31m deal is very team friendly. Now they have pressure to sign him, so they will. But you have to look at last year as the 1st year of a 5-year extension, not in a vacuum. Let's say Dak signs at 4 years, $40m per right now...he's effectively signed a 5-year, $191m deal. That's a $38m AAV. That's pretty directly in line with the 5x$175m offer. The advantage for Dallas is that you get an extra year of cost control.
If he wants $40m per year, the deal you are talking about won't get it done. He's going to get what he wants, it's just a matter if he gets it from the Cowboys or walks to get it from a different team in 2022.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This will never happen. Dak Prescott isn't the guy that elevates people, it's been proven time and again, lose one offensive tackle and he folds like a cheap suit. Missing his stud WR, same thing. But yea, pay the average guy elite money and see what happens.
But in all honesty we lost the entire OL in 2020, but the point is relevant and understood.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
What gives you that feeling? Is it because that's what Jerry caves into every single time? Or am I reaching?

Dak played the nice guy. Every other player said watch me play while I'm on vacation.....Old saying is true. Nice guys finish last.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If he wants $40m per year, the deal you are talking about won't get it done. He's going to get what he wants, it's just a matter if he gets it from the Cowboys or walks to get it from a different team in 2022.
Why? The deal I'm talking about is $40m per year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I fully expect Dak contract to be signed do not think Cowboys want 1 year 37 mill and then be in the same boat next year at a higher cost. In terms of players around Dak, many of them are already under contract and would suspect some deals to be restructured to free up space. Now if the NFL cap was going to remain the same for the next few years then I would be less likely to want to get a deal done but the cap just as contracts continues to grow. exception being this season because of the situation they faced this past season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how many of those 36 points were coming off offensive turnovers that presented the opponent with a short field? Hell most of the points scored by the opponent in the Atlanta, Seattle and Cleveland game came off offensive turnovers. We just got lucky in the Atlanta game. Yet somehow we should ignore that even though when they Win it's a "team stat" and when they lose it's all because of the defense.
First, all those turnovers are not on Dak, so it's false to claim that constitutes Dak folding, plus it doesn't change the fact that Dak played well.

Second, it's a false claim that most of the points Atlanta, Seattle and Cleveland scored were off offensive turnovers. Granted oo many points were scored off turnovers, but even if you take out the points off turnovers in those games the defense still gave up an average of 27 points, which is terrible. Besides, you would have hoped that at least once in awhile the defense would actually have stepped up rather than rolling over and putting it all on the offense.

Winning and losing is always a team stat. What I said was that a weak defense had something to do with the losses. What you said was the losses were all on Dak. Accordingly you are the one ignoring that wins and losses are on the team as a whole.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You can post whatever you want I really don’t care.

I wasn’t posting an opinion piece though. It was more about facts

Jimmy and I also agreed about Dalton and a lot of you whined about that. So is Jimmy a credible source again for you?

Turns out you were both wrong..

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Give Dak $40 million per year. Draft a QB at 10 or higher if they can get there. Cryogenically freeze Dak until such time that his leg is 100% and his contract is a bargain. It will only impact his eyesight for a brief time until his eyes can adjust.