Cowboys options with Dak from Overthecap

CCBoy

Reaction score
When your QB plays poorly and your team is not winning, OC is the easiest one to be blamed and replaced.
(chuckling heartedly) 3 straight years winning 12 games and you claim that is not a postive indicator for team...

wait, I'll call out all the regulators for your efforts here:

Swagger

Reaction score
We had 7. TO, Witten, Flozell, Leonard Davis, Ware, Gurode, and Folk

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/allpro.htm
Good to know.

Fewer All Pros than this season and the Cowboys would have beaten the Giants (eventual Superbowl Champions) had Crayton not hesitated on his route. Didn't the Giants beat the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl as well with Randy Moss or was that a different season?

Conversely the Cowboys fell flat on their face and lost to a team that didn't even make the NFC Championship game this season with 9 All Pros.

CCBoy

Reaction score
13 Pro Bowlers in 2007. We should have clearly won the SB that year right?
Ask Bill Parcells...well, waiting for that getting pm'd to him for your proof for cause or reference. You present no evidence or in deference. The value you attack is value placed upon being a specific pro bowler, as if that adds to any discussion upon player performances alone.

Wait, I'll call the regulators out just for you:

Now, which is it, cowboy or gansta'?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ask Bill Parcells...well, waiting for that getting pm'd to him for your proof for cause or reference. You present no evidence or in deference. The value you attack is value placed upon being a specific pro bowler, as if that adds to any discussion upon player performances alone.

Wait, I'll call the regulators out just for you:

Now, which is it, cowboy or gansta'?
I am not attacking just don't believe it necessarily translates to winning SB's.

JustChip

Reaction score
Three straight years in changing coordinators, not the same at all and the Eagles ended up worse than Dallas this very season.
I’m not advocating either for or against moving on from Dak. The poster said if the Eagles could do, the Cowboys can. I’m just highlighting the similarities and differences between the situations.

The other significant factor is contract structure and cap situation at comparable times. There are beau coup of opinions from every corner explaining how and why moving on from Dak can or cannot be done. The bottom line is the ONLY people that truly know are the Cowboys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Option 4) Resign Dak on team friendly 2-3 year deal in the 35-45 million range. Trey Lance lights it up preseason. Dak has a Dak game. Lance takes over and reignites the offense. Dak is cut post June 2025.
He’s not Brady willing to work out team friendly contracts in exchange for a better team around him. He has Dallas over a barrel bc we have a crazy person negotiating contracts , apparently.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Option 4) Resign Dak on team friendly 2-3 year deal in the 35-45 million range. Trey Lance lights it up preseason. Dak has a Dak game. Lance takes over and reignites the offense. Dak is cut post June 2025.
Never going to happen.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now you are just dreaming

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Those are pretty strong for all 4 playing now.
This team next year needs strong linebackers this coming season...
even Reality could score a TD on the Cowboys this past season. Defense...

Then, the team really needs a running back, really bad.
But, the defense is the one that needs fixed.

Oh, and I almost forgot? What have the Strength and Conditioning Coach's been doing last year?
This team is soft. Yeah, this team needs a culture change for sure.

Stop thinking just because you are a Cowboy player, you be good...spending that coin.

#1 Defense
# Running back
# Smart
# Tough
#Proud

M&M's for all of you...and y'all of you have some JJ Whiskey with me. The offense did good this season...just stepped out of bounds one time.
I apologize for this post because I need to go practice, maybe hit some devils weed, drink a beer..and cry my love away...on my guitar.

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
Bumps in the road, injuries, and penalties can be as drama filled as talent in any game's momentums.
The officials have as much to do with the outcome of a game as the players and coaches. And this is not a referee or NFL conspiracy post.

Judgement calls are, by their nature, subject to interpretation. Some get called on 1 play by 1 official, but not by another official on a different play. You just hope that a game deciding judgement goes your way rather than against.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This team next year needs strong linebackers this coming season...
even Reality could score a TD on the Cowboys this past season. Defense...

Then, the team really needs a running back, really bad.
But, the defense is the one that needs fixed.

Oh, and I almost forgot? What have the Strength and Conditioning Coach's been doing last year?
This team is soft. Yeah, this team needs a culture change for sure.

Stop thinking just because you are a Cowboy player, you be good...spending that coin.

#1 Defense
# Running back
# Smart
# Tough
#Proud

M&M's for all of you...and y'all of you have some JJ Whiskey with me. The offense did good this season...just stepped out of bounds one time.
I apologize for this post because I need to go practice, maybe hit some devils weed, drink a beer..and cry my love away...on my guitar.
If I could, I'd learn flamingo music on a banjo and go from there...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I could, I'd learn flamingo music on a banjo and go from there...
CCBoy...I'm trying brother...music never lets us down...
where words don't seem to make sense?
Music does for everyone.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Eagles’ Wentz/Hurts situation is not that dissimilar to the Cowboys’ with Dak.

The Eagles had Hurts, but he was drafted in 2020 and was a rookie when the Eagles made the decision to move on from Wentz. He had played in 15 games (starting 4), attempting 148 passes with a 52% completion rate.

The Eagles drafted Hurts but didn’t know whether absolutely he would work out. But they had seen enough of Wentz to know he had reached his ceiling & couldn’t justify the $.

The Cowboys are in somewhat of the same as the Eagles in 2020. They have Lance, who is effectively a draft pick. And they have seen some of what he can do since he’s played and started games eith the 49ers.

Where the Cowboys situation is different is that Hurts was a 2nd round pick in his rookie year. The $ cost for him was small. Lance is 3 years into being a 1st round pick. Absent an extension, his cost is going to be much, much higher.
Hurts did receive a huge extension after 3 seasons. They were very fortunate he worked out or they would have been forced to trade up or sign a veteran. It’s a gamble, but Dak’s value is at its highest despite the loss to the Packers, could get at least a first and 2nd rd pick at a minimum

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The Cowboys obviously have a plan to deal with this. I don't know what that plan is, but they have one - guaranteed. We don't know if it is a good plan or not, either. But, it's not my money, so I'm not sweating it.