Cowboys options with Dak from Overthecap

CCBoy

Reaction score
He won't sign a low ball offer....only way to move on is to cut or trade him.
Play Lance and draft a QB....if Lance lights it up, pay him...if he doesn't, let him walk and play the rook.....sign a FA backup
That won't happen...direction is already set except for DC.

MarkP88

Reaction score
Now that I’ve read that, the Trey Lance deal makes even less sense.

There was no real avenue to hand it over to him without a full tear down, which apparently was never going to be the case.

No real need for a fourth round pick on a team that uses only the draft to improve I guess.

Also…am I missing something or shouldn’t those voidable years be used in conjunction with more of a ‘going for it within the current window’ type of strategy?

I hope I’m wrong and it’s not just more evidence of ineptitude.
I don't think there ever was a plan to turn anything over to Lance, or even for him to be the next in line. They took a flyer to have another possible option. Jerry overpaid, of course, creating the impression that there was more to it than that. They could have just waited for SF to release him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Explain how the current roster is ranked 3 rd best in the NFL in individual production level and compared to cheapness in cost to team as well.

1. San Francisco
2. Baltimore
3. Dallas

(much of Dallas is very young. Just behind Green Bay being the youngest by 4 months)

You just don't support those truths...that is bias for what was stated. You prefer blame. Jerry.
Dallas does have a somewhat young team, however, the most important piece of the team is getting old. Can you guess who I'm talking about.

It's a young man's game.

Plankton

Reaction score
All of this just further proves that we have terrible people negotiating contracts. Again and again, they mortgage the future to keep a mediocre present.
L5ZD5MEMZXNSTJQGNGURAKBZM4.jpg

CCBoy

Reaction score
He doesn't know what he's saying, he's just trying to sound smart.
He sounds smart...? The team is his. You here sound a touch less... freedom of enterprise sounds like an implied dumb? How about contract law?

Jerry hasn't lied a single of his steps...that is his call. What he has put together through a whole page of non-football arenas is not what near the implied dumb.

On the contrary, I trust his continual efforts at success more a biased view on directions involved with a varieties of past periods.

Given strength of the past four seasons and roster strengths, I'm sorry but I trust Jerry here, much more.

mahalo

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Explain how the current roster is ranked 3 rd best in the NFL in individual production level and compared to cheapness in cost to team as well.

1. San Francisco
2. Baltimore
3. Dallas

(much of Dallas is very young. Just behind Green Bay being the youngest by 4 months)

You just don't support those truths...that is bias for what was stated. You prefer blame. Jerry.
I’m results oriented.

I don’t make excuses for failure.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't think there ever was a plan to turn anything over to Lance, or even for him to be the next in line. They took a flyer to have another possible option. Jerry overpaid, of course, creating the impression that there was more to it than that. They could have just waited for SF to release him.
I think he just wanted to do something to play GM.

Notice how he made sure everyone knew that no one else knew before he pulled the trigger.

That offer had to have been at least two rounds better than anyone for them to send him to Dallas, then you have Jerry boasting that if he had to ask an owner for approval (as if all owners have to pre-approve the trading of a 4th round pick), he would have lost the deal.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’m results oriented.

I don’t make excuses for failure.
That doesn't match, you presented a bias and reinforced.

Three straight playoff years and the presented results and no discussion of that was added by you. You here didn't state a result in the current picture, if proof is even implied attached to 30 now, do explain Bill Parcells who had full controls for 4 seasons. Don't further telll me he had to sit in the same office area as Jerry as well.

On that comparitive basis, one could as easily declared we were still delinquents of the British because we also lost in Viet Nam and Afghanistan. Not true.

These are results and can't be ignored for current status as they are more of the current picture for Dallas:

1. San Francisco
2. Baltimore
3. Dallas

I'm a stickler for a full picture in judgement of truth. Not a cratering upon disappointment and Jerry. 30? 4?
The Cowboys won 12 games for three straight seasons. If the claim that is that is nothing but failure, they are in pretty high high cotton as to NFL history.

Ban me now...I used the words Viet Nam, Afghanistan, and Britain.....

Chasing6

Reaction score

1. San Francisco
2. Baltimore
3. Dallas

We are very young because we have to be young. We have a huge % of our cap going to a small group of players, which means you can't afford anything else but younger players.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
lol

just non-stop creating scenarios to cause bickering

no one is ever good enough, everyone is overpaid, everyone is soft

always goal posts moving and wordsmithing

always unreasonable

just old. just played out.

we could have a QB throw for 7,000 yards with no INT's, 100 TD's and zero losses in the regular season and the Playoff loss is still the QB's fault.

smh

just creating bs scenarios to cause an uproar. yawn

CCBoy

Reaction score
We are very young because we have to be young. We have a huge % of our cap going to a small group of players, which means you can't afford anything else but younger players.
Team efficiency is on whole team and age is similar to that of Green Bay. Sorry, the team still had 9 Pro Bowlers, unless one ignores those facts as well as some IR's coming back next season as well.