CCBoy

Reaction score
lol

just non-stop creating scenarios to cause bickering

no one is ever good enough, everyone is overpaid, everyone is soft

always goal posts moving and wordsmithing

always unreasonable

just old. just played out.

we could have a QB throw for 7,000 yards with no INT's, 100 TD's and zero losses in the regular season and the Playoff loss is still the QB's fault.

smh

just creating bs scenarios to cause an uproar. yawn
I like Jerry, but he has earned it holding his franchise to morales and ethics and his players loved him for just that. He stood behind his players.

I agree with your view.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Team efficiency is on whole team and age is similar to that of Green Bay. Sorry, the team still had 9 Pro Bowlers, unless one ignores those facts as well as some IR's coming back next season as well.
Does the team with the most ProBowlers equate to SB Championship?

If you have to pay 9 ProBowlers more money then the rest of your team is going to suck.

The best thing Cowboy fans can do is vote for Eagles to players to win the Probowl.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Jerry, but he has earned it holding his franchise to morales and ethics and his players loved him for just that. He stood behind his players.

I agree with your view.
Morales and ethics? lmao. Jerry is far from having any morales and ethics when it comes to some of his personal life.

I could name many of his short comings when it come to that! So can others. Jerry is nothing but a drunk rich narcissist and if that is who you admire I feel sorry for you. It's not Kool-Aid he drinks.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Does the team with the most ProBowlers equate to SB Championship?

If you have to pay 9 ProBowlers more money then the rest of your team is going to suck.

The best thing Cowboy fans can do is vote for Eagles to players to win the Probowl.
You never use a single end result in evaluation of value. That is a bias...using an all or nothing standard you downgrade...why are you even around and present your self as a fan...

Want some 'cool aide?'

You GO Eagles fan...never from my lips. :muttley: :hammer::popcorn:

JBS

Reaction score
Great thread. I tried explaining to everybody here an extension isn’t the only solution. Nobody believed me.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You never use a single end result in evaluation of value. That is a bias...using an all or nothing standard you downgrade...why are you even around and present your self as a fan...

Want some 'cool aide?'
Pro Bowlers are an opinion not results driven. Sometime a popularity contest. Do the Cowboys have the biggest fan base? Do Pro Bowlers typically get paid more?

It does not translate to SB wins.

JustChip

Reaction score
The best way coarse of action is to trade him this yr and take on the massive 60 million hit to dead money. This is what the Eagles pretty much did with Wentz, but they did already have Hurts on their roster. With MM returning that isn't going to happen, I say just leave the contract alone.
The Eagles’ Wentz/Hurts situation is not that dissimilar to the Cowboys’ with Dak.

The Eagles had Hurts, but he was drafted in 2020 and was a rookie when the Eagles made the decision to move on from Wentz. He had played in 15 games (starting 4), attempting 148 passes with a 52% completion rate.

The Eagles drafted Hurts but didn’t know whether absolutely he would work out. But they had seen enough of Wentz to know he had reached his ceiling & couldn’t justify the $.

The Cowboys are in somewhat of the same as the Eagles in 2020. They have Lance, who is effectively a draft pick. And they have seen some of what he can do since he’s played and started games eith the 49ers.

Where the Cowboys situation is different is that Hurts was a 2nd round pick in his rookie year. The $ cost for him was small. Lance is 3 years into being a 1st round pick. Absent an extension, his cost is going to be much, much higher.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Realistically they have three options....

1) Cut/Trade Dak and roll the dice on Lance doing a Trey Lance impersonation or finding a Baker Mayfield in free agency
2) Extend Dak, keep things mostly as is and continue to win 10-12 games next year but have a likely early playoff exit.
3) Keep Dak, have an aggressive "all in" type of offseason and actually give yourself a shot at a deep run

Spoiler alert....The Cowboys pick option 2
On option 2, why do you assume you gonna win 10-12 games? The division will be better, and you will get division champ opponents.. :huh:

:cool:

morat1959

Reaction score
Interesting how it says if Dallas decides to go i this direction they should draft a QB this year in the first or second round so they have a future QB in place.

What happened to Trey Lance???!
I’ll take both and a solid FA. Create competition!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Eagles’ Wentz/Hurts situation is not that dissimilar to the Cowboys’ with Dak.

The Eagles had Hurts, but he was drafted in 2020 and was a rookie when the Eagles made the decision to move on from Wentz. He had played in 15 games (starting 4), attempting 148 passes with a 52% completion rate.

The Eagles drafted Hurts but didn’t know whether absolutely he would work out. But they had seen enough of Wentz to know he had reached his ceiling & couldn’t justify the $.

The Cowboys are in somewhat of the same as the Eagles in 2020. They have Lance, who is effectively a draft pick. And they have seen some of what he can do since he’s played and started games eith the 49ers.

Where the Cowboys situation is different is that Hurts was a 2nd round pick in his rookie year. The $ cost for him was small. Lance is 3 years into being a 1st round pick. Absent an extension, his cost is going to be much, much higher.
Three straight years in changing coordinators, not the same at all and the Eagles ended up worse than Dallas this very season.

Bagman

Reaction score
"While the injury risk is probably lower with Prescott you do have to ask yourself what I think was the biggest underlying issue with Romo: if you can not win with Prescott making $40 million a year what makes you think you can win with him at $60 million a year? Really this gets down to an underlying issue of a team not looking for other options at the position so they have a different option, but that is a topic for another day."

/thread
Been saying that for awhile. The Jones' are set on Prescott. No matter the level of performance, he's their guy. They are WAY too lazy to look for potential replacements and even less qualified to find one.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Three straight years in changing coordinators, not the same at all and the Eagles ended up worse than Dallas this very season.
When your QB plays poorly and your team is not winning, OC is the easiest one to be blamed and replaced.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
When your QB plays poorly and your team is not winning, OC is the easiest one to be blamed and replaced.
Yup. Take a look at the QB play in the playoffs this year. Competitive games throughout...except Dallas. Dak racks up some garbage time yardage after Packers called off the dogs. When you pay your QB that much money, it's unacceptable.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Been saying that for awhile. The Jones' are set on Prescott. No matter the level of performance, he's their guy. They are WAY too lazy to look for potential replacements and even less qualified to find one.
Dak is good enough to win a SB. Is he good enough to carry a team with serious holes. No, but what QB really is?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Pro Bowlers are an opinion not results driven. Sometime a popularity contest. Do the Cowboys have the biggest fan base? Do Pro Bowlers typically get paid more?

It does not translate to SB wins.
Oh, the players play a big part of selections. Good players aren't panning for gold, value can quickly sourced outside of preference. Now prove your insult of that talent, or move on...

Value is not being explained away or disproved by that post.

Swagger

Reaction score
So the suggestion is restructure the Prescott contract, draft a QB in the first round and dump Prescott at the end of next season. Bring in a new Head Coach who will have the choice of the 1st round QB, Trey Lance or another option.

I could stomach that - in effect the franchise would only be writing off one more season.

Hopefully, the 1st rounder doesn't learn too much from Prescott, e.g., how to read a defense and going through his progressions.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If this guy dak was a free agent from another team would anyone on this board be like holy cow gotta scoop him up

Chasing6

Reaction score
Oh, the players play a big part of selections. Good players aren't panning for gold, value can quickly sourced outside of preference. Now prove your insult of that talent, or move on...

Value is not being explained away or disproved by that post.
13 Pro Bowlers in 2007. We should have clearly won the SB that year right?