Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: We're all in with these young guys coming in."

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
At least it is funny and interesting. Do or die now with the draft.
It's been funny for all the wrong reasons. And that's something you want people to see? Everyone in this thread (well, almost everyone) was right about how stupid Jerry sounded right from the start. And all you had to say was "watch it".

Same thing with Dak and all the other crap that's been going on with this organization for years now. Most people have understood it, some are in the process of understanding and a few (5 if I am counting correctly?) just keep playing "Captain Morgan" on the Titanic. Because... 12 wins or something.

plasticman

Reaction score
A potential Silver Alert waiting to happen.

Take my advice Jerry and do what I plan to do. Get a tattoo!

On the tattoo, place your name, address, and daughter's cell phone number.

That way, when you start staggering around the neighborhood buck naked, they will still be able to take you home. Make sure it's your daughter's number, I don't think I would trust anyone else in the family to claim you.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that every NFL team is all in when it comes to acquiring the best college talent through the draft.

I don't know of any team in the past 50 years that decided the draft wasn't worth the effort and they planned on sitting out of it that particular year.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Edit: Adding a tweet.

GM is blaming the salary cap...lol

Jerry Jones' message to the #Cowboys fanbase on inactivity in free agency: "I think our structure and our involvement at every level that we are in our process of getting personnel is ideal for making good decisions." Led with referencing Dallas' cap space, and compares it to college scholarships — alluding to having a fixed amount of "scholarships" to award. "It's not a lack of money. It's a part of the rules of this game — is to have a salary cap."

We were also all out on our own FA's.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Jerry Jones' message to the #Cowboys fanbase on inactivity in free agency: "I think our structure and our involvement at every level that we are in our process of getting personnel is ideal for making good decisions." Led with referencing Dallas' cap space, and compares it to college scholarships — alluding to having a fixed amount of "scholarships" to award. "It's not a lack of money. It's a part of the rules of this game — is to have a salary cap."

We are all in on, what we decide to be all in on.

We are all in on the upcoming draft.

We will be all in on signing UDFA's after the draft.

We are all in on, not spending any money, I mean getting younger.

We will also be all in on training camp.

We will also be all in on the upcoming 2024 season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If only Jerry and Stephen followed their good intentions with the proactive efforts required, their team could be far better! Sigh . . . :flagwave:

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Oh, all in on the draft...

Well, sunny lads, tha is certainly commendable.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Forgetting the all in lie for a moment….he also said “you won’t see us build this thing for the future”. Well, how is only relying on the draft to add to the team anything but relying on the future? And more importantly hope.

I’ve defended Jerry many times, criticized when it’s been due but this offseason and how the team handled things is about as bad as I’ve ever felt about them. They’ve kicked the can down the road and moved money around in years with worse teams and worse chances- you couldn’t do it now? We’re blaming the salary cap now? Taking our medicine now?

For what….so in 2 years, going on year 31 of doing nothing substantial in terms of winning - we have a good cap prospectus? The team needed a few tweaks. Didn’t need to write blank checks. Instead they have at least on paper made themselves obviously worse.

starfan1

Reaction score
We were also all out on our own FA's.

The only FA we lost that I was about signing was Tyron and even though last year was good Father Time is knocking with injury concerns time to move on

The others that left are not irreplaceable . Pollard, Armstrong , Gilly , Gallup , Tyler all can be replaced in draft and depth will now need to step up if necessary

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So he is all in on guys he has not met yet, or seen them play in nfl or TC.
That says he/they are so good a drafting they will all be great and starters, and CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Jerry just totally forgets about guys like gregory, jaylon, bossman ,etc All busts, but he was all in on them too.

If jerry could sell the cowboys in china he would, dirt cheap, and high sales.
Most chinese could not understand him in PC's, so that might bug him ,but he could have a bigger stadium, a bigger tv in it, sell more psl's.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The only FA we lost that I was about signing was Tyron and even though last year was good Father Time is knocking with injury concerns time to move on

The others that left are not irreplaceable . Pollard, Armstrong , Gilly , Gallup , Tyler all can be replaced in draft and depth will now need to step up if necessary
no lol, they lost 10 starters , and have 7 picks.
Out of the 7 picks they will be lucky to get 2 guys who can actually start and not be real bad.
if they trade down 3 times they can get 3 more low round picks, but for them to be day 1 starters is not realistic.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Get ready. The sales pitch is coming. Here is a list of Jerry-isms coming Thursday night:
  • The word “uh” uttered to Guinness world record proportions.
  • The phrase “in my mind”.
  • The phrase “he was who we wanted all along” guranteed.
  • The phrase “we had him rated as a top ten player”
  • The phrase ”all in”…..over/under set at 5.
  • A non-sensical word salad response to a softball question from the beat writers. After which no one has any idea what it could possibly mean.
  • Stephen will giggle. Over/under at 5.
  • Mike McCarthy will feature his version of “failed smile” where he tries to look happy and “onboard”. He will say something positive about the pick being “an outstanding football player”.
  • Will McClay will be allowed one quote.
Well done, @Bobhaze and don't forget the homespunism comment that will leave everyone wondering just WTH Jerry meant.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so the spin on "we are all in" continues. he uttered a word after the loss on the spot, without thinking, just responding to the moment. and since then both Jerry and Stephen are on a damage control tour. managing the spin.

starfan1

Reaction score
no lol, they lost 10 starters , and have 7 picks.
Out of the 7 picks they will be lucky to get 2 guys who can actually start and not be real bad.
if they trade down 3 times they can get 3 more low round picks, but for them to be day 1 starters is not realistic.
10 starters?
Tyron, Pollard,Armstrong,Gilly,Tyler,Gallup,Kearse I see 7 but maybe Im missing some.

Pollard this place spent all year complaining he wasnt Zeke and couldnt handle starter totes I dont see a real rough time replacing his output and he wasnt going to get paid with the big 3 due
Williams=Armstrong minus bonehead penalties
Tyler can be replaced rather easily and was one of the weak links on the line hell be upgraded (or should be)
Gilly is getting up there how much you want to pay for him?
Tolbert and gallup literally the same neither can get much separation its not like your losing anyone of signifcance here and another person the board couldnt wait to axe.
Kearse was garbage

we losr depth nothing more i see 10 wins right now prior to draft and if thet shore up a few spots theyll be in the mix. The doom and gloom around here is strong but I get why

nathanlt

Reaction score
We are all in with these young guys coming in. TRANSLATED>>>>> We are all in with rebuilding mode.