Twitter: Cowboys Place Chido On List/Call Up Biadasz

Sydla

Reaction score
Question: You guys extending Chido?

Tough one. I still think he has some potential. But he has struggled for sure. The problem is the Cowboys likely have one CB they can count on - Diggs - going forward. And they won't have a ton of cap space to try to bring in someone better. I suspect you could see both Awuzie and Lewis back and then they draft a couple of kids.

Zman5

Reaction score
He should be thankful this happened. Putting on more bad tape would have killed his chance at getting any type of a deal.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Watching him Tuesday....I don't think I've ever seen a CB w/ a bigger cushion....giving WRs 12 yards. *** was that????? :omg:

A couple of times....they threw a bubble screen his way.....and he still didn't make it back into the screen for the tackle. IMO....he's checked out....you don't want a guy like that to build around.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not me. Unless he wants to sign a 1-2 year reasonable deal like Anthony Brown did. If he wants to cash in, he can do it somewhere else

Yeah Chido is a serviceable corner. Those don't grow on trees .. as we are being painfully reminded this year. I'm not rolling out the brinks truck for him but I'd offer him the same deal as Brown maybe a little more but you can never have enough corners.. Draft a goodun and pair him with Diggs next year.. Chido is kind of Byron Jones lite.. doesn't make any plays but doesn't get beat a lot.. But he does get beat a lot more than Byron did.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

McClay got some splaining to do!

It's not like we haven't spent picks on the defense, but we've got nothing to show for it except a bad contract with Jaylon.

2019 - 2nd Trystan Hill
2018 - 1st LVE
2017 - 1st Taco
2017 - 2nd Awuzie
2016 - 2nd Jaylon

RonnieT24

Reaction score
McClay got some splaining to do!

It's not like we haven't spent picks on the defense, but we've got nothing to show for it except a bad contract with Jaylon.

2019 - 2nd Trystan Hill
2018 - 1st LVE
2017 - 1st Taco
2017 - 2nd Awuzie
2016 - 2nd Jaylon

LVE and Hill will both turn out to be good players IMHO. Jaylon might just be breaking back down physically. He seems to have lost of lot of his sideline to sideline speed that used to be so much fun to watch. Chido is worth keeping on a friendly deal.. I have no words for the Taco decision. They misevaluated that dude by a country mile.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is stupid. If Awuzie tests negative Saturday and Sunday, he should be able to play. Making him wait 5 days is unfair since the NFL Made Dallas play on a Tuesday to suit the Ravens.

Creeper

Reaction score

I think they need to re-sign either Awuzie or Lewis. I don't think they are terrible players although Awuzie seems to miss a lot of time with injuries. They both have their ups and downs. The question for Dallas is which one of them has more potential to improve with time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is stupid. If Awuzie tests negative Saturday and Sunday, he should be able to play. Making him wait 5 days is unfair since the NFL Made Dallas play on a Tuesday to suit the Ravens.

Goodell will do anything he can to screw the Cowboys whenever he can. It's not worth complaining about it. He doesn't care.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
LVE and Hill will both turn out to be good players IMHO. Jaylon might just be breaking back down physically. He seems to have lost of lot of his sideline to sideline speed that used to be so much fun to watch. Chido is worth keeping on a friendly deal.. I have no words for the Taco decision. They misevaluated that dude by a country mile.

Reasonable to think that the problems for defensive players *this* year was the coaching. Chido would be worth a cheap resign, IMO. More than Brown was.

LVE, I still hope, but damn, his first season looked like a young guy on his way to the HOF. Now I'm just hoping for decent play.

Jaylon hasn't looked right physically since early 2019. He has increasingly adjusted his play to compensate. Maybe there's some possible good news for his health that we don't know about, but barring that, I want him out.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I can very much see Lewis going elsewhere and doing well in the right scheme with the right motivation.

Wont happen here so no sense in keeping him.
wash, rinse, repeat with a majority of players who have left the stench behind...hate to say it, but seems clear this is what happens

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Why would chido come back? To be the 3rd CB behind Diggs and a 1st/2nd round pick?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
wash, rinse, repeat with a majority of players who have left the stench behind...hate to say it, but seems clear this is what happens
Actually the large % of the players the Cowboys pass on have about the same individual success or less anywhere else. Hitchens and Wilson are the same player they were here. They’re just on a better team in KC.

Is Byron making a pro bowl in Miami this year? How about Quinn in Chicago?

Heath has 3 INTs. Good for him. He had that in 2017 here. His tackles are way down from where they were here. Malik Collins? Haven’t seen anyone compare him to Aaron Donald.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I'm surprised at people who thought Awuzie coming back from injury would help us. I'm also surprised at people who would be fine with keeping him here at a "reasonable price". That's like saying I'd buy a dook sandwich if it only cost a nickel.