Twitter: Cowboys Place Chido On List/Call Up Biadasz

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I can very much see Lewis going elsewhere and doing well in the right scheme with the right motivation.

Wont happen here so no sense in keeping him.

That has been said about every marginal player on this team over the last ten years. And I’m not saying that this isn’t true, just stating that this is said often, very often!

Gaede

Reaction score
I think they need to re-sign either Awuzie or Lewis. I don't think they are terrible players although Awuzie seems to miss a lot of time with injuries. They both have their ups and downs. The question for Dallas is which one of them has more potential to improve with time.

I would resign Lewis. I don't think either of them are good, but Lewis at least has demonstrated a little bit of playmaking ability, and can tackle.

Jipper

Reaction score
If we can lose this one we’re basically guaranteed a top 5 pick...it’s time

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Our best cb, when not injured, was diggs. At least imo. None of the others has done anything to make themselves soughr after in free agency. It would be very disappointing if we couldn't upgrade our d-backs. Corners and safeties.
Diggs has the potential to be a great starter, but he did lose as much as he won. The good news is he's got a terrible memory and goes right back out there and fights. I think Chido would benefit from some better talent around him. But it looks to be another 2nd waste. We haven't hit on a 2nd round pick since 2014 w/ Lawrence. There may even be a case for Lewis. He's the only one I see trying to hit guys.

stinkface

Reaction score
What a waste of God given talent. Number 2 draft pick by us and if you go by what the Cowboys said in training camp last year, he was going to have a breakout season and might be headed towards being in the Pro Bowl. Yea, right. Parcells was right when he said you would know what you had in the 3rd year from a draft choice and the bottom line it wasn't much. Soft with no ball skills and amazingly he has prototypical size and speed for the position. Guess you never know what you have until you see how it performs, whether that's a race horse or a stock car. Sadly Chido never came close to living up to his billing.

John813

Reaction score
I can't see the team re-signing anyone from the 2017 secondary class unless they take a stupid "honest" offer.
Aka being paid dirt for a rebound year.

And with this team possibly losing 2 corners and a "starting" safety, I expect them to once again spin the wheel of the draft and pick based off need, going relatively heavy on corners and a safety at least.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Woods is so bad we would be better off playing with 10 on defense.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Actually the large % of the players the Cowboys pass on have about the same individual success or less anywhere else. Hitchens and Wilson are the same player they were here. They’re just on a better team in KC.

Is Byron making a pro bowl in Miami this year? How about Quinn in Chicago?

Heath has 3 INTs. Good for him. He had that in 2017 here. His tackles are way down from where they were here. Malik Collins? Haven’t seen anyone compare him to Aaron Donald.
I know what you are saying, but let's be honest. Big reason why we don't develop our "key" players is because we don't know how to coach and develop them. Tell me you aren't worried about Diggs and Lamb playing for these coaches? Fringe players like Health are what they are and Pro Bowl or not, Jones is missed here and doesn't have the same negativity in Miami he did here. As for Quinn? He was a has been when he got here, nobody expected him to all of a sudden turn hall of famer. Who thought Collins was gonna be Aaron Donald?

quickccc

Reaction score
Question: You guys extending Chido?

they may want to .. but i'm not.
and I wonder what the Jordan Lewis fanfare thinks about the team literally getting guys off the street starting over the guy that they insist is our best playmaking CB, whom
they've long insisted should be starting over Brown or Chido.

I really tend to believe we'll taking another CB very high within the first 2 rounds.
as well as a developmental CB at another point of the draft.
I just have no idea what the coaches think or plan for 4th rd. Reggie Robinson.

Carson

Reaction score
I can't see the team re-signing anyone from the 2017 secondary class unless they take a stupid "honest" offer.
Aka being paid dirt for a rebound year.

And with this team possibly losing 2 corners and a "starting" safety, I expect them to once again spin the wheel of the draft and pick based off need, going relatively heavy on corners and a safety at least.

Lewis or Awuzie will be back. Simply because they will be cheap and are familiar with the system and team. It’ll likely be Chido as Lewis and Brown are better in the slot. We likely draft a rookie corner and go

Diggs / Rookie / Awuzie / Brown

Diggs / Rookie / Lewis / Brown