Cowboys Pro Bowlers Named

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After that trade in 2018 Parker Ehinger played in 2 games in 2019 (1 start) and 2 more in 2021.

I’m fine with how it worked out, who knows, having Ward may have stopped us from drafting Bland in 2021.

But Ehinger was never decent and a lot of people thought it was a bad trade at the time based off Ward’s pre season play
Dallas had 2 CB”s, Ward and can’t remember the other guy. He was actually having a better TC than Ward.
And he was the player KC wanted. But Dallas said no, but we will offer Ward.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dallas had 2 CB”s, Ward and can’t remember the other guy. He was actually having a better TC than Ward.
And he was the player KC wanted. But Dallas said no, but we will offer Ward.
I vaguely remember, not sure if it was Donovan Olumba or Kam Kelly, but both were cut and KC didn’t claim them

So I do think it’s possible they were having a better camp, but by pre season Ward had separated himself from the rest

1942willys

Reaction score
Yeah it sure does; you’re clueless.
For someone that claims to know it all you sure need a lot of remedial reading
The Pro Bowl is only important in contract negotiations and nothing else anymore
and as regards who makes it each year, you can usually find two or three at each position that arguably SHOULD have been taken insted

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I vaguely remember, not sure if it was Donovan Olumba or Kam Kelly, but both were cut and KC didn’t claim them

So I do think it’s possible they were having a better camp, but by pre season Ward had separated himself from the rest
It was Olumba. I was saying he was having the better TC, from one of the daily reports they had live from TC at the time.
And I was pretty sure the team even made a statement about it as well. They thought he was ahead of Ward at that time.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I’ve never seen a bum make a pro bowl…..
Then perhaps you've never heard of Elvis Grbac (lifetime NFL completion percentage under 60%) or Matt Cassell (also under 60% lifetime completions), both of whom were pro bowlers during their NFL tenure.

Are you aware that Tyler Huntley of the Ravens was a Pro Bowler last year, while starting 4 games, during which he averaged an almost incomprehensible 118 yards passing per game, with 2 TD and 2 INT in those 4 starts?

Or how about 2006 Pro Bowler Vince Young, making it on the strength of this amazing stat line:
51.5 completion percentage, for 2199 yards, with 12 TD and 13 INT.

Amazingly, Young put together another Pro Bowl nominating season in 2009
Of course, by then he was far more accurate, completing a scintillating 58.7% of his passes for 1879 yards, with 10 TD and 7 INT.

Oh, and don't forget Kordell Stewart in 2001, getting in on the strength of a fantastic 60% completion percentage for 3100 yards with 14 TD and 11 INT.

Took me about 3 minutes to find those examples. There are plenty of others.
that doesn't even cover defensive selections that were made either on previous reputation or on being on a popular team who won a lot of games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For someone that claims to know it all you sure need a lot of remedial reading
The Pro Bowl is only important in contract negotiations and nothing else anymore
and as regards who makes it each year, you can usually find two or three at each position that arguably SHOULD have been taken insted
Tell that to the players and their families. It’s an honor at the highest level. Means a ton to them.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It was Olumba. I was saying he was having the better TC, from one of the daily reports they had live from TC at the time.
And I was pretty sure the team even made a statement about it as well. They thought he was ahead of Ward at that time.
Olumba stuck to the practice squad so it doesn’t make sense that KC really wanted him. They could have claimed him and potentially had both.

He probably was a head in camp but during the preseason Ward had clearly passed him given he was on an active roster and Olumba wasn’t

Carson

Reaction score
I still find it crazy that we gave away Chardavius Ward for nothing
Ward, Terrance Mitchell and Michael Jackson all have made nice careers in the NFL.

Mitchell played from 2014 until being hurt this year

Jackson has been playing since 2019

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then perhaps you've never heard of Elvis Grbac (lifetime NFL completion percentage under 60%) or Matt Cassell (also under 60% lifetime completions), both of whom were pro bowlers during their NFL tenure.

Are you aware that Tyler Huntley of the Ravens was a Pro Bowler last year, while starting 4 games, during which he averaged an almost incomprehensible 118 yards passing per game, with 2 TD and 2 INT in those 4 starts?

Or how about 2006 Pro Bowler Vince Young, making it on the strength of this amazing stat line:

Of course, by then he was far more accurate, completing a scintillating 58.7% of his passes for 1879 yards, with 10 TD and 7 INT.

Oh, and don't forget Kordell Stewart in 2001, getting in on the strength of a fantastic 60% completion percentage for 3100 yards with 14 TD and 11 INT.

that doesn't even cover defensive selections that were made either on previous reputation or on being on a popular team who won a lot of games.
Huntley got in because everyone declined. And Matt Cassell was good the year he made it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Huntley got in because everyone declined. And Matt Cassell was good the year he made it.
Cassel had 58% completions that year for 208 yards per game. Amazing.
And I don't care what reason Huntley got in. You said (and I quote) "I've never seen a bum make a pro bowl."

What about VY making it twice, or Kordell, or Grbac?

like I said there are other examples. Those were just the low hanging fruit.

Pro Bowl is a lot of things, but it's not a reliable measure of excellence.

All Pro, on the other hand--if you make 1st or 2nd team All Pro, you are the cream of the crop.
I've never seen a bum make an All Pro team. I would agree with you on that.

But plenty of them have made the Pro Bowl, and will continue to. It's a popularity contest, first and foremost.

Tussinman

Reaction score

The day 1 pro bowl roster is legit. Almost all of those players make either NFL Top 100 and/or receive votes from all pro committee.

Almost all of the controversy in the pro bowl is those late season injury alternate selection but those don't carry much weight. On the new 5th year option rookie scale for example they don't even accept alternate selections only day 1

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Another example of a Cowboys “fan(hater)“ crapping on a Cowboys player for being recognized. This place has it all.
Not crapping on Martin..

Not his fault he made the list

I'm just crapping on the ProBowl

Half the guys in there are in on name recognition for what they USED to do.

But there's just as many guys not named that should be

Don't be so defensive

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Olumba stuck to the practice squad so it doesn’t make sense that KC really wanted him. They could have claimed him and potentially had both.

He probably was a head in camp but during the preseason Ward had clearly passed him given he was on an active roster and Olumba wasn’t
Maybe another player emerged for KC. Or they only wanted one additional CB.
All I know is what I just posted. We need RB and LB, but they did not go get any, other than a few has been Player types in Evans.