Cowboys problem is we have no system

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not interested in the kiddie games you guys love to play.

O's that score too quickly gas the D and generally ends up losing you the game when you face good teams. No idea how you keep missing this. I'm guessing it's because you don't want to see it.

Who says that Cowboys passing attack only scores too quickly and gasses the D? That is you who said that. And its not like the Cowboys run game sucks either. You must be talking about another team.

Dallas Defense sucks because it lacks talent. Been that way for years. Not because the Cowboys offense is too good. Im actually shocked Im having this conversation with you. I thought you understood these kind of things.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You love collecting likes like Risen, but at least Risen has a clue..

I could care less about likes. Risen hates Dak too. LOL

Im the guy that called Dak all the way in preseason his rookie year. You are still struggling in your evaluation of Dak. Clueless indeed.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Offense is one of the best in the NFL when Dak is leading it. In fact, the first 4 games of this year it was the best offense in NFL history.

Not surprising you'd say that. You also said they had one of the best front 7s in the NFL prior to the start of the season.

Regardless of yardage, you should realize they were shut down in the 2nd half by the Rams (3 points), down 20 twice against the Falcons, 3 turnovers to the Seahawks, and down 41-14 to the Browns.

That's, "the best offense in the NFL"?

Haimerej

Reaction score
I could care less about likes. Risen hates Dak too. LOL

Im the guy that called Dak all the way in preseason his rookie year. You are still struggling in your evaluation of Dak. Clueless indeed.

So you have a vested interest being, "right," on Dak. Explains a lot.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not surprising you'd say that. You also said they had one of the best front 7s in the NFL prior to the start of the season.

Regardless of yardage, you should realize they were shut down in the 2nd half by the Rams (3 points), down 20 twice against the Falcons, 3 turnovers to the Seahawks, and down 41-14 to the Browns.

That's, "the best offense in the NFL"?

Ah yes, the liar.

dckid

Reaction score
I believe 100% “most”of our problems is we have no system or identity....

What is a Cowboy?....I don’t know, no clue

We draft all over the place and very inconsistent in what sort of team we are trying to build

I honestly have no idea what type of team Jerry is trying to build....is it a good defense like Baltimore always has?...(yea right)...is it a good offense like the Saints always have?...NO CLUE
Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

The issue started in March of 1994 when Jerry the absolute moron of an owner stated that " 500 coaches could take this team to a SB"
Ever since that day this team, this jewel of a franchise went from the hands of a genius to the hands of an invalid. All of the Jerry lovers can make every excuse that they want. He has done this to the value of the franchise he has done that for the brand, etc,etc,etc,etc ,etc.
The bottom line is we are no closer to winning a SB... now than we were after the 96 season. This whole organization has been ruined from the top all the way to the bottom. Jerry will not ever allow a coach to come in and put his imprint on here.
We all talk about how great the Cowboys were, America's team. All of that rings hollow.
Forget SB win, or even SB appearance we haven't even made a championship game since January 1996!! Just take a few minutes and ponder on that fact before ripping my post.
Jerry should have this team taken from him by the NFL for conduct detrimental to the league. The leagues storied franchise is a laughing stock, and the butt of jokes from real football fans, analysts, observers.
I did not even see the first 5 SB's, I am just talking about the 3 from the 90's. We are the Lions and WFT equivalent.
Until Jerry brings in a coach that will shift the culture and accountability we are not going to win a lick. Jerry just wants us fans to argue about whether to pay Zeke, Dak, Lawrence, Lee, Cee Dee, Demarcus Ware, Romo.... all these are just passer bye's..
Sign Dak to 40 million a year, it's the wrong move. We had a chance to tank this year to try to draft a franchise QB but we opted for 6 wins.
The only thing Jerry cares about this having this team between 7-9 and 9-7. I am in the news cycle, jersey's will sell, I will be on prime time. Winning a SB is priority number 10. He doesnt come into his office with question of how can I move this team closer to winning a SB.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
There was a time when we had one of the better defenses in the league and it still wasn't enough. Trysten Hill's biggest downfalls might be he's just not good enough to play the position he's asked to. He's not a "mental midget". He represents what you'd want from a rookie. Come into the league and get better. He got better from year 1 to year 2....Cowboys are trying to win now and don't have the personnel to do it especially on defense. And I'm not even sure if they have the coach at this point. They surely didn't last year.
Immature....mental midget whayever word you want to use I dont want those players. I wont even address him supposedly getting better. But when did we have one of the better defenses? What year was this

dckid

Reaction score
What? They're obviously trying to build a team that is built around a potent passing offense.

As an aside, the Saints haven't had a good offense in years, and the Ravens aren't any better contenders than the Cowboys are, when healthy.
What world are you living in? The Saints haven't had a good offense in years? Go back and look at the past 4 years they have had a great offense and probably should have gone to two SB's.
Ravens are the model franchise outside of the Patriots for the past 15 years. They draft well they are always competing for the playoffs.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Ah yes, the liar.

Typical non-response. Don't be scared little guy. Everyone gets things wrong sometimes. Here's a refresher-

Those are maybe/general type predictions for the defense. I feel more confident to make some bolder predictions.

As it stands right now...……………..with everyone healthy...………..the Cowboys have one of the best front 7's in all of football....

...This team is a true contender NOW!!

-Source

dckid

Reaction score
Cowboys need a Kyle Shannahan style of offense with the players we have.

On defense you just want something that makes offenses work for what they get because the rules don't allow you to play real defense anymore. You just do the best you can and hope the opposing offense screws it up somehow.
Kyle Shanahan or McVay would do wonders for this organization.
I would even consider hiring Mike Shanahan if we wants to come out of retirement. Kyle is worth 20 million a year. There is no salary cap to hire coaches.
Before you all scoff at that number. The Cowboys are worth over 5 billion dollars, the CEO should be making a very high salary. This is not a leap. Just like the Ceo of MSFT, Google, etc get paid very well the same should be for the right coach.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Saints have one the NFC South 4 straight seasons, been in the divisional round playoffs 3 times, lost an NFCCG in OT.
So? They've done it primarily with defense and the reason they haven't had more success in the playoffs is because they can't throw the ball.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What world are you living in? The Saints haven't had a good offense in years? Go back and look at the past 4 years they have had a great offense and probably should have gone to two SB's.
Ravens are the model franchise outside of the Patriots for the past 15 years. They draft well they are always competing for the playoffs.

Saints havent had a good offense in years? This year without Brees you mean?

Ravens are an incredible franchise build on defense and the run game. But unless their QB can improve as a passer, they arent going to win the SB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan or McVay would do wonders for this organization.
I would even consider hiring Mike Shanahan if we wants to come out of retirement. Kyle is worth 20 million a year. There is no salary cap to hire coaches.
Before you all scoff at that number. The Cowboys are worth over 5 billion dollars, the CEO should be making a very high salary. This is not a leap. Just like the Ceo of MSFT, Google, etc get paid very well the same should be for the right coach.

I would take either of those guys. Then give me Moore.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I'm not the only one that nailed Dak. And your not the only troll that got it all wrong.

I'm sure you'd love to nail Dak.

But back on topic, everything I said about Dak in his rookie season came true- they lost in the playoffs that year, he's had to develop as a pocket passer, he'll get injured if he relies too much on his feet, and the Cowboys haven't won anything with him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Typical non-response. Don't be scared little guy. Everyone gets things wrong sometimes. Here's a refresher-

-Source

As it stands right now...……………..with everyone healthy.

Yawn......................

Nice try though..........this comment was NOT right before the season. This was after they signed McCoy back in FA and Gregory coming back. Those were the two big reasons for my optimism and the return of LVE. By the time the season rolled around I was already saying that the defense was going to struggle.

-McCoy got hurt
-Lee got hurt to begin the season
-Gregory didnt get reinstated
-LVE got hurt to start the year.

But...............had they all been healthy, I still dont think they wind up as one of the best. Much better, but not one of the best.

-Poe sucked and never panned out
-DE from the Vikings was a washout
-LVE sucked when he came back
-Jaylon brown sucks waaaaay too bad and I should have known it wasnt going to happen for that reason alone.

Haimerej

Reaction score
As it stands right now...……………..with everyone healthy.

Yawn......................

Nice try though..........this comment was NOT right before the season. This was after they signed McCoy back in FA and Gregory coming back. Those were the two big reasons for my optimism and the return of LVE. By the time the season rolled around I was already saying that the defense was going to struggle.

-McCoy got hurt
-Lee got hurt to begin the season
-Gregory didnt get reinstated
-LVE got hurt to start the year.

But...............had they all been healthy, I still dont think they wind up as one of the best. Much better, but not one of the best.

-Poe sucked and never panned out
-DE from the Vikings was a washout
-LVE sucked when he came back
-Jaylon brown sucks waaaaay too bad and I should have known it wasnt going to happen for that reason alone.

Yawn, indeed. You can't say them being healthy was a requirement and then follow up by listing 4 out of 7 as, "sucked," when 3 of the 4 were never out with injury.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm sure you'd love to nail Dak.

But back on topic, everything I said about Dak in his rookie season came true- they lost in the playoffs that year, he's had to develop as a pocket passer, he'll get injured if he relies too much on his feet, and the Cowboys haven't won anything with him.

90% of everything you said about him was dead wrong. These little comments about needing to develop are common sense things that every rookie needs to grow with. The difference is you thought he would never improve.

Dont worry little guy, you got it wrong. :muttley:

At least I was man enough to admit that my "Bold prediction" probably would have been wrong anyway even without the injuries.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yawn, indeed. You can't say them being healthy was a requirement and then follow up by listing 4 out of 7 as, "sucked," when 3 of the 4 were never out with injury.

I have no problem admitting my prediction would have most likely been wrong regardless of injuries and Gregory not being reinstated till later.

AS you stated, I cant be right EVERY time. It was a stupid prediction anyway. No chance any front 7 can be one of the best with Jaylon in the middle.