Cowboys' Randy Gregory says he's a 'whole different person'

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm pulling for him because he's a Cowboy, and I believe he has major talent and can be on par with Javon Kearse. But wait until the Cowboys start winning, he starts balling, the sacks start climbing and the women magically find their way into his hotel room and in his bed with no clothes on. That's going to test a man's morals and commitment to the straight-and-narrow pretty quickly.

erod

Reaction score
He has 244 snaps. No sacks.

He might not make the team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know some people that were exactly like he described. They got into trouble with drugs but the drugs themselves were not the real issue. The issue was that they thought that lifestyle would make them cool.

On the flip side, there are many people just adicted to drugs.

A problem I've seen is that both groups get lumped into being druggies and most often get the same drug rehab treatment.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I have zero expectations at this point, but perhaps he can be the 3rd or 4th pass rusher this season. Certainly there's no way I would trust him to be readily available during his career, but as a rotational guy he could add some value.

Right now he has to work his way on the team and up the depth chart. He faces some tough competition, especially factoring in some of the DT needs. Right now I count 8 defensive linemen that are locks, or have a strong chance to be on this team. There's likely 1 or 2 spots left at most between the guys below and Gregory. Let the best win.

DE

Demarcus Lawrence- Lock
Tyrone Crawford- Lock
Taco Charlton- Lock
Kon Ealy- Strong Contender
Dorrance Armstrong- Lock
Datone Jones- Work to do
Charles Tapper- Work to do

DT

David Irving- Lock
Maliek Collins-Lock
Jihad Ward- Near Lock
Brian Price- Work to do
Lewis Neal- Work to do
Richard Ash- Work to do

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I sincerely hope Randy has overcome the forces that drove him to the place where he felt he needed to take something to deal with life.

For me, it comes down to this: Its not what a person says in public that will determine his future; its what he does when no one's watching.

I wish Randy the best of luck.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have zero expectations at this point, but perhaps he can be the 3rd or 4th pass rusher this season. Certainly there's no way I would trust him to be readily available during his career, but as a rotational guy he could add some value.

Right now he has to work his way on the team and up the depth chart. He faces some tough competition, especially factoring in some of the DT needs. Right now I count 8 defensive linemen that are locks, or have a strong chance to be on this team. There's likely 1 or 2 spots left at most between the guys below and Gregory. Let the best win.

DE

Demarcus Lawrence- Lock
Tyrone Crawford- Lock
Taco Charlton- Lock
Kon Ealy- Strong Contender
Dorrance Armstrong- Lock
Datone Jones- Work to do
Charles Tapper- Work to do

DT

David Irving- Lock
Maliek Collins-Lock
Jihad Ward- Near Lock
Brian Price- Work to do
Lewis Neal- Work to do
Richard Ash- Work to do
Datone Jones is playing 1T and he's a strong contender along with Brian Price at the very least.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Having gone though substance issues myself in the past and currently being in recovery, I know how he feels. When you actually make real change in your life and you are doing it for yourself and not just to please others, it truly makes you feel like a different person.

I'm definitely rooting for him.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Having gone though substance issues myself in the past and currently being in recovery, I know how he feels. When you actually make real change in your life and you are doing it for yourself and not just to please others, it truly makes you feel like a different person.

I'm definitely rooting for him.
I have also gone through substance abuse issues in the past but this is pot we're freaking talking about here...P O T. Not heroin, not crack, not meth, not prescription drugs, we're talking about pot here...someone not being able to stop smoking pot to save his career is just asinine. I would feel totally different if it was say...prescription opiods or something. I have no sympathy for him from the "drug addict" angle...if you stop smoking pot you're not going to get sick and have your skin crawl for a week or two while you puke and **** on yourself because your body is physically dependent on it.
It's just like he said...he just wanted to party and get women once he got caught and screwed up his life being an "addict" was his excuse in my opinion. Good for him though I hope he contributes.