Cowboys' Randy Gregory says he's a 'whole different person'

Praxit

Reaction score
.....lol.. People dont change overnight or if ever. Perhaps he is motivated for football reasons..?? who knows. The undercurrent with this guy is bad habits. THose are hard to break. If he doesnt get what the Ego is asking. Down he goes again.

Verdict

Reaction score
My little brother inherited some mental health issues from his dad. We have different fathers. They weren't crippling, but he was still vulnerable to addiction. He end up with a young lady that got him started on heroin and the kid completely changed overnight. The end of the line came when he stole my truck and got caught shooting up in it at a McDonald's parking lot. I went to pick bail him out, and it was a two hour drive each way. I started by screaming and yelling. Then we started talking and he broke down and really let me into what was going on with him in his life and mind. We didn't even go home I took him straight to a Mental Health facility and checked him in that night. He stayed there 4 months, getting drug treatment as well as mental health treatment. He ditched the girl before he left and came to live with my wife and I for a year. Today he is a CEO of his own thriving business, Got married to a wonderful lady and is expecting his first child in a couple of weeks.
My point I guess is, people can and do change. If they have the right support system and the right kind of treatment. even the worst of drug addicts are savable. Randy is young like my brother was. Its so important that they get the help they need while they are young. Its much harder to help people that have been addicts and suffering mental health disorders for 20-30 years. Good luck to you Randy, I'm praying for your lasting recovery!

That's a great story. I'm glad it had a happy ending. So many do not. Statistically speaking most people never pull themselves out of the ditch. They will often sabotage themselves. Hopefully Gregory isn't one of them.