Cowboys ranked 1 in total offense

quickccc

Reaction score
As an avid fantasy player and sports gambler, I was surprised to learn this week that defenses playing Dak put up the fewest points in 2019.

That's pretty cool.

Really? ..like who ? :huh:

Giants ? ..Green Bay ?.. Saints ? .. Philly ?

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
That's the part that I worry about.

But I know I'll sound like a broken record when I say this, but I think this run defense looks much more sound with Crawford out of the lineup.
Addition by subtraction with Bennett. Crawford getting hurt actually allowed us to upgrade. If Bennett and Collins play as well as they did Monday night, we just might be trending towards living up to preseason expectations on defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And with Bennett in it!

He's absolutely an improvement there.

Not the "team leader" that they always propped up Crawford to be, just a guy that's far better at playing football and making plays when it counts.

I'll continue to bring up inconvenient facts that fans will avoid. Like the fact that the pass rush has been better in every game that Crawford HASN'T PLAYED.

And instead of Barkley running for over 60 yards in one play, he was held to what? 28 yards or something like that? The one big play he did have came on a pass.

No, let's but to rest once and for all the myth that Tyrone Crawford was some important piece to this defense, or worth anywhere near what he was being paid. Something nobody wants to talk about now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Addition by subtraction with Bennett. Crawford getting hurt actually allowed us to upgrade. If Bennett and Collins play as well as they did Monday night, we just might be trending towards living up to preseason expectations on defense.

It absolutely is. I only wish they would have had the foresight to 'subtract' the $6 million in cap space they wasted keeping Crawford.

And the sack production at RDE specifically is so much better without the sad attemots to line Crawford up out there's to do nothing. Literally anybody on this team has done a better job there.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I mean even Dorance Armstrong came off the milk carton and was seen making plays. If we can generate pressure with our depth guys and no Crawford we will be heading in the right direction.

quickccc

Reaction score
So we're 1st in NFL in total yards ..and 5th in scoring offense.
That sounds like an vast improvement over last year's Linehan fiasco.

- Fredrick's return helps, along with Dak's improvement and Kellen Moore efficiently emphasizing Zeke in red zone and goal line more.
and we've probably used the 37 yr old General in more red zone looks than at any time I can recall in Witten's career.

- Credit goes to Dak not holding ball 4ever and taking unnecessary sacks as in 2018, , ..as well as vast improvement with the overall OL , especially Lael Collins.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I have three wishes already this offseason.

1) Marinelli retires

2) we invest in a safety and draft some defensive tackles

3) we re-sign Quinn and let Crawford go

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
How much of this is because we have mostly played terrible teams?

You play the teams on your schedule. But that's not the primary issue. I'd say the issue is more that they were playing from behind in a lot of those games and had to get big chunks of yards to get back into the game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GIANTS= 2-7 W
FINS= 1-7 W
Commanders= 1-8 W
JETS= 1-7 L
GIANTS= 2-7 W

SAINTS=7-1 L
PACKERS= 7-2 L

We're no 1 We're no 1.........

:muttley:
Hey, you missed the Eagles. And you also failed to note that this thread is about the Cowboys generating offense, and they generated 563 yards of offense in the Packers loss. They just had turnovers in that one, and the defense didn't show up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have three wishes already this offseason.

1) Marinelli retires

2) we invest in a safety and draft some defensive tackles

3) we re-sign Quinn and let Crawford go
None of which fits in the context of this thread.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, you missed the Eagles. And you also failed to note that this thread is about the Cowboys generating offense, and they generated 563 yards of offense in the Packers loss. They just had turnovers in that one, and the defense didn't show up.

Read the thread first and foremost then critic....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read the thread first and foremost then critic....
I have read the thread, and you still skipped over the Eagles game, and the Cowboys still generated big offensive numbers against the Packers even though they lost.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have read the thread, and you still skipped over the Eagles game, and the Cowboys still generated big offensive numbers against the Packers even though they lost.

OMG drinking too much lately friend?

Page 1 :omg:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Amidst some other depressing news, how nice is this to see? This offense is really showing what it is capable of, week after week, and there has been vast improvement over last year's huge red zone woes. Getting Frederick back has really helped to solidify the interior offensive line and the proof is in the numbers. I heard mention that in 8 games, Dak has only been sacked 10 times. If that's accurate, it's a huge reversal from the 56 he endured last year.

That's not to say that there's not room for improvement. If penalties and turnovers can be cleaned up, the points per game numbers would look that much better. But thus far, Kellen Moore has done a great job and this offense is looking every bit a step dangerous as we had hoped they would. And I think it's clear that there is the potential to get even better.

Dak trolls are reeling!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
You get through this game against a really good defense and put up points and move the ball and I will be impressed and feel much better about the remaining stretch of games, even playing in NE.

Scuffle on offense against a good defense Sunday and it's going to raise a lot of red flags again.