Cowboys ranked 1 in total offense

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So have the Pats & Niners, even more so then Dallas and neither of those two offense was ranked #1.

Which says something about the Boys offense.

The Pats and the Niners also haven’t lost to the Jets. I get that this does say something about the offense but the part that it really underlines is how bad they were against the Saints and Packers.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
NE schedule
Steelers 4-4 W
Miami 1-7 W
NYJ 1-7 W
Bills 6-2 W
Skins 1-8 W
NYG 2-7 W
NYJ 1-7 W

Balt 6-2 L

Man, they have an elite defense and are the cream of the crop. The only "legit" team they have played is Balt and they lost to them. Don't give me Buffalo. Their schedule is crap too and I haven't bought into them. NE has beaten up on some really crappy teams (much like Dallas and Buffalo and SF).

You read my mind on this one. Thanks. I was just ready to post the same.

NE only beat one winning team and lost to Baltimore.

Every year, New England gets to play that "division of theirs", which can be likened to an automatic introduction into the playoffs. The more chances they get, the higher the success rate.

There sure are a lot of threads about New England on a Cowboys board lately.

I like to pay attention to the best team in the NFL...The Dallas Cowboys. :star:

shabazz

Reaction score
Its a nice stat and irrefutable, but needs context. Others have already correctly pointed out that 5 of the teams we built this statistic on were among the lowest 10 pass defenses in the league.

The Cowboys Defense is currently ranked #6 in team defense. Does anybody really feel this is indicative of their defensive dominance? I don't.

The offensive stat is a great one for Dakota Delusionists to point at while lobbying for a bloated contract, but other than that its merely a skewed sample snapshot

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amidst some other depressing news, how nice is this to see? This offense is really showing what it is capable of, week after week, and there has been vast improvement over last year's huge red zone woes. Getting Frederick back has really helped to solidify the interior offensive line and the proof is in the numbers. I heard mention that in 8 games, Dak has only been sacked 10 times. If that's accurate, it's a huge reversal from the 56 he endured last year.

That's not to say that there's not room for improvement. If penalties and turnovers can be cleaned up, the points per game numbers would look that much better. But thus far, Kellen Moore has done a great job and this offense is looking every bit a step dangerous as we had hoped they would. And I think it's clear that there is the potential to get even better.

Playing the Giants twice in 8 games has its perks. :laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
Its a nice stat and irrefutable, but needs context. Others have already correctly pointed out that 5 of the teams we built this statistic on were among the lowest 10 pass defenses in the league.

The Cowboys Defense is currently ranked #6 in team defense. Does anybody really feel this is indicative of their defensive dominance? I don't.

The offensive stat is a great one for Dakota Delusionists to point at while lobbying for a bloated contract, but other than that its merely a skewed sample snapshot

The defense has played a bit better recently but their yards per game ranking of 6th and points per game ranking of 5th is somewhat inflated by playing some really dreadful offenses early. If you go to more advanced stats like Football Outsiders, that uses some level of strength of schedule and adjusts for who you have played, the defense is ranked in the teens, which seems to be a better indicator of where they are right now.

But hopefully, the trend is picking up on defense. Pass rush looks better with Bennett in the mix. Smith is playing more like the stud LB he was in 2018 now. Woods is really playing well at FS IMO. The other Woods being more healthy seems to be helping the run D as well. We see some pretty good offenses coming up in the Vikes, Pats, etc. Let's see how they hold up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. The Packers game is the only one that I feel they were outplayed and deserved to lose.
And even in that one we had a chance. The turnovers just put us in a hole in the 1st half.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak. This thread is about the overall offensive ranking.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
The problem is all these yards don't often translate into points because this team finds ways to shoot itself in the foot. I think we were on our 6th trip into Packers territory before they finally got a TD. If they hadn't scored that TD right before half against the Giants then we would be looking at 4 of the last 5 games without a first half TD.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol...now it's Kellen...lol
I thought it was Garrett?
Isn't this still Garrett's offense?
Isn't that what everyone has been saying?
Now are you backtracking?

Dre11

Reaction score
GIANTS= 2-7 W
FINS= 1-7 W
Commanders= 1-8 W
JETS= 1-7 L
GIANTS= 2-7 W

SAINTS=7-1 L
PACKERS= 7-2 L

We're no 1 We're no 1.........

:muttley:

Is anybody saying that about New England's defense?
I also see you left the Eagles out, the team they dominated the worse

Dre11

Reaction score
The problem is all these yards don't often translate into points because this team finds ways to shoot itself in the foot. I think we were on our 6th trip into Packers territory before they finally got a TD. If they hadn't scored that TD right before half against the Giants then we would be looking at 4 of the last 5 games without a first half TD.

They're 5th in points...lol

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
This is based on Football Outsiders DVOA, and it's fair to point out that because of injuries, etc. it isn't an exact science. The number is the difference in the average opponents' DVOA rank in the second half of the season compared to the first half.

Easiest Future Schedule
(compared to opp faced so far)
Cle -28
Oak -24
NYG -24
Cin -20
NYJ -15
TB -14
GB -13
Pit -11
KC -10

Hardest Future Schedule

LAC +25
Sea +24
Ten +21
SF +19
Dal +18
Min +14
LAR +12
Ari +10

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
They're 5th in points...lol

I was talking about their losses. They have scored 30+ in all their wins, but in their 3 losses they were down at halftime by scores of 21-6, 17-0, and 9-3. They were inside the Packers 40 yard line 4 times in the first half and were shut out. They had two trips inside the Jets 25 that resulted in 0 points. They often beat themselves in the games they lose. The Saints are the only team that really shut them down.

Dre11

Reaction score
I was talking about their losses. They have scored 30+ in all their wins, but in their 3 losses they were down at halftime by scores of 21-6, 17-0, and 9-3. They were inside the Packers 40 yard line 4 times in the first half and were shut out. They had two trips inside the Jets 25 that resulted in 0 points. They often beat themselves in the games they lose. The Saints are the only team that really shut them down.
:thumbup: