Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Amari Cooper for 5 years $100M

aikemirv

Reaction score
The homerism is both embarrassing and downright pathetic

There is no justifiable reason to say a player that shows up 50% of the time is worth $100 mil. Not a single person in here can justify it.
Have you ever considered that the problem could be Dak and not Amari. The idea that he does not show up for away games needs to be supported by tape, not statistics!

mcmvp

Reaction score
The homerism is both embarrassing and downright pathetic

There is no justifiable reason to say a player that shows up 50% of the time is worth $100 mil. Not a single person in here can justify it.

There were a couple Eagle fans that wanted us to target Amari in free agency. I wasn’t one of them. That is waaayy too much to pay for what he does. I think the Cowboys boxed themselves in to signing him when they gave away the first to get him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There were a couple Eagle fans that wanted us to target Amari in free agency. I wasn’t one of them. That is waaayy too much to pay for what he does. I think the Cowboys boxed themselves in to signing him when they gave away the first to get him.

Jerry has been overpaying for WRs for 2 decades. Galloway, Williams, Austin, now Cooper

Daillest88

Reaction score
He counts 10 million the cap lol his 5th year is bogus money. He doesn’t eclipse 20 million till year 3 which I’m sure you’re aware the cap over the next few years is going to skyrocket and lol eagle fans would be drooling if they got amari Cooper. He would make your tight ends so much better . He opens up so much

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't pay Dak 40 mill and not pay his targets - that's stupid - you have to give him some weapons - he won't make average player millionaires like Romo did with Crayton and Laurent Robinson!

......and that's why we shouldn't pay Dak. He is not among the ranks of Qbs who make those around him better. Its the exact opposite. Those around Dak make HIM better. He owes Amari Cooper some money.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He counts 10 million the cap lol his 5th year is bogus money. He doesn’t eclipse 20 million till year 3 which I’m sure you’re aware the cap over the next few years is going to skyrocket and lol eagle fans would be drooling if they got amari Cooper. He would make your tight ends so much better . He opens up so much

Cooper isn’t making anyone better. He can’t play on the road.

Also, he has $60 million guaranteed. Which, you know, matters. But let’s ignore that.

mcmvp

Reaction score

I can think Amari is better than any receiver the Eagles currently have (he is)...and still not want my team to pay that kind of money for him.

I’d way rather they look to the draft to upgrade the position

Daillest88

Reaction score
I can think Amari is better than any receiver the Eagles currently have (he is)...and still not want my team to pay that kind of money for him.

I mean it is a deep draft don’t get me wrong but cooper is proven and 26/27 he opens the field up so much. Like I said the 5th year is basically funny money. The structure of the contract is beautiful

InTheZone

Reaction score
Hell yeah!

Those bashing Coop for his "disappearing acts" need to open their eyes at what's happening on defense and with our QB. A proven receiver like him, despite his beta attitude, doesn't just mail it in on the road. Look at the QB throwing him the ball or the scheme. Many times the opportunity was there, the ball just didn't go his way.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

It’s just homerism. These same people would be saying this contract was insane if he went to the Eagles and they will hate Cooper in a couple years.

$100 million, with $60 million guaranteed for a dude who disappears on the road.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hell yeah!

Those bashing Coop for his "disappearing acts" need to open their eyes at what's happening on defense and with our QB. A proven receiver like him, despite his beta attitude, doesn't just mail it in on the road. Look at the QB throwing him the ball or the scheme. Many times the opportunity was there, the ball just didn't go his way.

Yeah it’s all Carr and Dak’s fault his phantom injury only showed up when he was on the road.