Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Amari Cooper for 5 years $100M

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just glad we got Cooper on a 5 year deal. 60 mill guaranteed. Still like to see Dak get a long term deal and remove the franchise tag.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This....:hammer:

Ungrateful fans..

Yeah for Amari:dance:run routes Sir!

Yesterday people were hand wringing that we let him hit FA. I said I thought he’d sign here because he’s a different cat that wants comfort. He does and now ppl
Are peeved :facepalm:. I get $20 mil isn’t optimal but many top WRs are going in the 18-20 range. I’ll only be concerned if down the road the late season stuff happens

Qcard

Reaction score

How do Jerry and Stephen Rationalize Amari's road game disappearing acts.....In
McCarthy we trust!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yesterday people were hand wringing that we let him hit FA. I said I thought he’d sign here because he’s a different cat that wants comfort. He does and now ppl
Are peeved :facepalm:. I get $20 mil isn’t optimal but many top WRs are going in the 18-20 range. I’ll only be concerned if down the road the late season stuff happens

...it’a the guaranteed, not what he is making every year. People keep thinking he gave some discount, he’s right behind Julio Jones in guaranteed money at $60 million.

And you are talking like the people who wanted him yesterday are the same people who don’t want him today. Not everyone likes Cooper and many certainly don’t like him at that rate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
...it’a the guaranteed, not what he is making every year. People keep thinking he gave some discount, he’s right behind Julio Jones in guaranteed money at $60 million.

And you are talking like the people who wanted him yesterday are the same people who don’t want him today. Not everyone likes Cooper and many certainly don’t like him at that rate.
And then there's you who doesn't like anyone at any price. The only person in the whole world you like is yourself.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And then there's you who doesn't like anyone at any price. The only person in the whole world you like is yourself.

Wrong. I would have been fine signing Jones to the contract he got, I am fine with our O-Line contracts. I am fine with Lawrence and his contract.

Tranches and secondary matter. Skill positions are overpaid and Jerry continues to fall into the trap. You, however, are a homer and if Eagles gave him this deal, you would be saying we dodged a bullet.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Matt, I get it. Honestly I wasn’t impressed with him
At the end of last season. He disappeared. I can see how people are skeptical. I’m not sure if it was injuries he was playing through or scheme or what. So $20 mil and the guarantee is a lot. But he was also the best player we had on the field for half the season. There were games that without him we were sunk.

Then there is this

All I’m saying is yesterday a large amount of people were saying our FO was going to let all our talent go. The FO threw money at a guy and fans are peeved. There comes a point where you have to take a chance on the known vs a new kid etc. We will see how it works

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Wrong. I would have been fine signing Jones to the contract he got, I am fine with our O-Line contracts. I am fine with Lawrence and his contract.

Tranches and secondary matter. Skill positions are overpaid and Jerry continues to fall into the trap. You, however, are a homer and if Eagles gave him this deal, you would be saying we dodged a bullet.
Sure you would. How do you expect anyone to believe you when you've consistently crapped on everything and anything the Cowboys do?