Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Re-Sign QB Kellen Moore

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with that, but those things aren't on the field, NFL games things. I'd like to see him have a place in the organization, just not on the roster. He's a mind, not a player.

"Much to learn, he still has."

All in good time. I mean, think about it. If we bring him around right, by this time next year, we might have Rush ready to step in and back up. No need to spend money picks on a backup or an FA Vet. I'm really excited about this situation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All in good time. I mean, think about it. If we bring him around right, by this time next year, we might have Rush ready to step in and back up. No need to spend money picks on a backup or an FA Vet. I'm really excited about this situation.

I am too. I just don't need Moore muddying things up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know Stash... you gotta bug up yer butt over Moore.

If you want to stew about it all season... So be it.

It's called an opinion Mike. You should look into it.

But, by all means, take up the condescending role made popular around here when one of those opinions differs from your own.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am too. I just don't need Moore muddying things up.

Well, lets think about it for a second. Rush is not going to learn most of the stuff he needs to learn from Dak. Dak is going to be too busy trying to get the game plan down and prepare for all the things that go along with that. Most of the teaching, in terms of what professional QBs need to learn, will happen from Moore. Moore could be the the most important tool the Cowboys have in the tool box, to teach Rush how to be a good pro. I mean, if you think about it, Moore is kind of an important investment in this area.

At some point, I truly believe that Moore is going to be a pretty good coach in the NFL. Seriously.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But, by all means, take up the condescending role made popular around here when one of those opinions differs from your own.

So...act like you, me and plenty of others do when our opinions are different.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, lets think about it for a second. Rush is not going to learn most of the stuff he needs to learn from Dak. Dak is going to be too busy trying to get the game plan down and prepare for all the things that go along with that. Most of the teaching, in terms of what professional QBs need to learn, will happen from Moore. Moore could be the the most important tool the Cowboys have in the tool box, to teach Rush how to be a good pro.

But can't he do that off the 53-man roster?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nope.

You just invite replies that tweak you because you take all this stuff as being life or death. There's no, "Well maybe there's some wiggle room here." Nope. Stash is right all the time and there's no room for quibble.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But can't he do that off the 53-man roster?

I don't think so. If your a coach, your on the other side of the fence, so to speak. Players are different. It's an "everybody pulling the same rope" kind of deal. Lots of things players can teach players that coaches can never teach, no matter how hard they try and not all of them are on the field. In fact, a lot of them are off the field and believe me, those are some of the most important things to learn.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That it doesn't matter.

And if Dak gets seriously injured....Romo?

I'm shocked that you could still think that there's even a remote chance that he would ever come back.

He's moved on in his life and I think you should too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope.

You just invite replies that tweak you because you take all this stuff as being life or death. There's no, "Well maybe there's some wiggle room here." Nope. Stash is right all the time and there's no room for quibble.

Yeah, blame me for your poor attitude. That's my fault.

I never once claimed to be "right". It sounds like you're getting unnecessarily emotional about a difference of opinion. Calm down.

erod

Reaction score
I'm shocked that you could still think that there's even a remote chance that he would ever come back.

He's moved on in his life and I think you should too.
Stephen Jones said as much.

Romo wants to play here, and here only.

He'd definitely think about it. Remember, Troy wanted to play in Miami at the end.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so. If your a coach, your on the other side of the fence, so to speak. Players are different. It's an "everybody pulling the same rope" kind of deal. Lots of things players can teach players that coaches can never teach, no matter how hard they try and not all of them are on the field. In fact, a lot of them are off the field and believe me, those are some of the most important things to learn.

Sounds like that supports my point. "Off the field" and not on it. Kellen Moore would be the same guy if he was wearing a whistle tomorrow. And everyone would view him that way. The person doesn't suddenly change with a different job title.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

He'd definitely think about it. Remember, Troy wanted to play in Miami at the end.

I don't know if he did or he didn't. I mean, he had a chance to play in Miami, but decided not to. IDK.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate the idea of him taking up a roster spot.

However it seems like this team wants him here and all, or most, of us complaining about it is not going to make a difference.

It just seems like a wasted amount of energy complaining about it now. Frankly as much as I dislike it...I am also already over it.

At this time I am more interested in what is going to happen with Zeke.

I think that has way more power to help or h urt this team than Kellen Moore being on the roster.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sounds like that supports my point. "Off the field" and not on it. Kellen Moore would be the same guy if he was wearing a whistle tomorrow. And everyone would view him that way. The person doesn't suddenly change with a different job title.

No, it doesn't. Some things Coaches just don't have access to. Some things, only other players can speak to.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You would have to pull up this quote from Stephen directly. I have never heard anything resembling such a claim.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate the idea of him taking up a roster spot.

However it seems like this team wants him here and all, or most, of us complaining about it is not going to make a difference.

It just seems like a wasted amount of energy complaining about it now. Frankly as much as I dislike it...I am also already over it.

And I think that's a totally reasonable position to have.

Conversely, if I don't feel I'm wasting energy, I should be allowed to do so, without ridicule, right?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
After wading thru this whole thread - my hope is the FO and coaches know that Moore is just a stop gap. As common sense should tell us.
The interesting part to all this is, it has been said he got a new contract. So if its a one year or easy out after one year - Im OK with it. The plan has to be to sit Rush and let him get coached up all season then evaluate him at seasons end to determine if he can be a decent backup going forward. Then you can ask Moore to move over to the coaching side and be done with this..