Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign RB Rico Dowdle

USArmyVet

Reaction score
A question I have is why Dallas wasn't seemingly interested in signing RB D'Onta Foreman (6' 235 pounds 27 years old to start the season). He signed a 1-year $3M deal with Chicago after he had the following stats the last two seasons:

2021 (TENN): 133 carries 566 yards 4.3 ypc 3 td's

2022 (CAR): 203 carries 914 yards 4.5 ypc 5 td's

He would have seemed to have been an ideal partner with Pollard, especially given Pollard is coming off a bad injury.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I really hope they're not content with going into the season with Pollard, Davis and Dowdle.
Definitely won't happen, they'll atleast add some undrafted rookies ;)

All jokes aside I would be surprised if we didn't draft a back by day 2.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Are you talking about Davis or Dowdle? I was saying I think Davis should be # 3, with someone else brought in as #2. Dowdle definitely shouldn't be that guy, but neither one of them will make the team at all if they can't earn at least the #3 slot. I think Davis already did enough for that last year.
Got it. I misread and agree.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They like him. If not injured he would have been in Malik’s spot and would have been used in the niners game after Pollards injury. They didn’t trust Mailk to carry during the playoff game. Strange. But they needed a reason to abandon the run..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
YOU'RE CRAZY IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!! Always felt they had their eyes on him, bigger back, he wasn't bad with the carries he had in the pre season, better stay healthy

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think had Rico not gotten hurt he'd have been the 3 last year over Malik Davis. They really liked him.
I agree...it really seemed as if he had the #3 on lockdown. However, given his injury history, I can't imagine they would keep him over anyone remotely promising. I really wouldn't mind Bijon to be honest. Gives us a great second option and insurance in the even Pollard takes a while to be 100%.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
THey dont even need to draft anyone now. Teams all set.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This signing surprised me because he has less skill than Davis IMHO.
Maybe he has been instructed that his primary focus should be picking up blocks, and short yardage cheaper than Zeke.

Carson

Reaction score
Same with Damien Harris
A question I have is why Dallas wasn't seemingly interested in signing RB D'Onta Foreman (6' 235 pounds 27 years old to start the season). He signed a 1-year $3M deal with Chicago after he had the following stats the last two seasons:

2021 (TENN): 133 carries 566 yards 4.3 ypc 3 td's

2022 (CAR): 203 carries 914 yards 4.5 ypc 5 td's

He would have seemed to have been an ideal partner with Pollard, especially given Pollard is coming off a bad injury.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree...it really seemed as if he had the #3 on lockdown. However, given his injury history, I can't imagine they would keep him over anyone remotely promising. I really wouldn't mind Bijon to be honest. Gives us a great second option and insurance in the even Pollard takes a while to be 100%.

If the Cowboys draft Robinson, Pollard remains the #2 back.