Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign RB Rico Dowdle

Rayman70

Reaction score
what the heck has RD ever done? I dont understand why we sign injured guys that rarely do anything.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WHY?
He is injury prone like Pollard. I guess between them they may get a complete season.

This and tagging Pollard does not offset the other good things they have done though.
Camp fodder again at this point.

I guess the Ronald Jones visit didn't go so well.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Here's guessing Ronald Jones' visit didn't go all that well.

But Dowdle plays special teams and Jones does not.

75boyz

Reaction score
Plenty of draftee Rico Dowdle type RBs, but they gotta keep the We Like Our Guys theme going I guess.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Special team guy and emergency depth... nothing to see here. Still drafting a RB1...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This signing surprised me because he has less skill than Davis IMHO.
Maybe he has been instructed that his primary focus should be picking up blocks, and short yardage cheaper than Zeke.
Remember there are 90 training camp roster spots to fill. This may just be a signing to have a backup plan if Pollard or Davis were to get hurt in training camp. I suspect the Cowboys will sign or draft someone else.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Remember there are 90 training camp roster spots to fill. This may just be a signing to have a backup plan if Pollard or Davis were to get hurt in training camp. I suspect the Cowboys will sign or draft someone else.
Indeed, I expect that we take a RB somewhere in this draft.
Its a deep draft and we have to ask ourselves how far does Robinson fall, probably not to 26.
How far does Gibbs fall, if to 26 is it too early.
How far does Charbonnet, Corum, Achane fall?
Hopeful that one of the above falls within our respective reach, dont want to move up in this deep RB draft.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Kendre Miller will be a day 2 RB who was Walker semifinalist and reminds me of TP a bit. Check him out

glimmerman

Reaction score
YOU'RE CRAZY IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!! Always felt they had their eyes on him, bigger back, he wasn't bad with the carries he had in the pre season, better stay healthy
Yeah I believe he was running pretty good in one game, then the injury. They need a bruiser if Elliot is gone. I think there is a standing offer for Elliot if he don’t get what he wants in FA. Likely a low offer. Was a strange deal, after the season you see the headlines that Elliot offered to take a pay cut, then Cowboys said they were going to make Elliot a low offer and then Elliot was set to talk after the combine. Then he is released. No mention of what the offer was.