Twitter: Cowboys receivers currently have highest drop rate in NFL

aikemirv

Reaction score
hasn't cost the team yet is all

*key word: "yet"
Yeah, I don't know but I think Amari's drop in the first qtr set a bad tone for the first half even though we ended up with a score on that drive.
The biggest culprit is Cooper.
Yeah, he looks back to his old ways in Oakland on that front.....great otherwise though!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb have each contributed, Cooper the most.

Dak currently has a 74.5% completion percentage. Without drops that would go up to 85.4% for the season.

The most notable 2016 QBs all in the top 3.

Interesting. Dak has been even better than his crazy numbers show.

The big knock on Cooper has been his drops over his career. Didn't see much of that in his first year here. Looks like its showing itself now.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Said it before and I'll say it again, as long as we're winning no one is going to get on Cooper for his drops. I know he's softspoken, but I'm willing to bet if the winning ever slows and the drops continue, a lot of hate that went towards Dez in similar situations will go to Cooper.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Cooper has had a few. That said, I struggle to come up with 10% of Dak's throws being drops. As an example, the Washington interception. Technically the receiver got a hand on it but it was behind and above him. Was that classified as a drop?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Eagles pass attempts: 123

Cowboys: 94

But 6 drops for Cowboys isn't accurate
I think it is accurate. That's still 8% vs 6%

And by the way, that % equates to 10 drops - no freaking way on earth that is correct!

And Gallup has not had a drop.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Said it before and I'll say it again, as long as we're winning no one is going to get on Cooper for his drops. I know he's softspoken, but I'm willing to bet if the winning ever slows and the drops continue, a lot of hate that went towards Dez in similar situations will go to Cooper.
yep its the timing of them usually. Dez seemed to pick the worst times to have the dropsies

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All drops are not equal and they need to attach a value. Like a dropped TD pass does not equal a dropped pass on 1st down. There are critical pass drops, (Patrick Crayton, Jackie Smith) that have direct impact on the outcome and others that do not. Obviously, none of the Cowboys' drops are critical to this point.

Cooper led the league, in OAK, two years in drops so he does have that history. Which is strange since he didn't have that rap at Bama, fear factor?

It will be interesting the first game that a Cooper drop does have impact because the thing about Patrick Crayton when he was a Cowboy was that he had the best hands on the team. Drop one and that's all some will remember. Same with Jackie Smith, the reason Landry wanted him is that he was the new breed of TE, a hybrid WR with great hands.

The crime is both of these players get the rap of dropping one and costing the team the game but we really don't know that unless it is the last play of the game. It's like some saying the Cowboys win that game in GB if that's a catch and there was too much time left on the clock with Rodgers hobbling around the field throwing darts into Cowboys' hearts.

TheGoat73

Reaction score

Dak currently has a 74.5% completion percentage. Without drops that would go up to 85.4% for the season.

Cooper drops balls. Might be bc he’s still dizzy from those Stan Lee’s Superhumans routes he runs, making right angles at full speed.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So the point of the thread is irrelevant? It's okay to says "yes".

Umm what the hell are you talking about?

Me- Makes post about drops
You- Well why is Dak's QBR so high doesnt it have to do with comp %
Me- because his comp % is still incredibly high even with the drops(I had his comp % in the OP if you had just read)
You- so this post is irrelevant

No you doushe lmao. This thread is about dropped passes not your need to understand QBR's metrics. These are some weird as posts from you

Should you go back and delete them? It's okay to say "yes"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Umm what the hell are you talking about?

Me- Makes post about drops
You- Well why is Dak's QBR so high doesnt it have to do with comp %
Me- because his comp % is still incredibly high even with the drops(I had his comp % in the OP if you had just read)
You- so this post is irrelevant

No you doushe lmao. This thread is about dropped passes not your need to understand QBR's metrics. These are some weird as posts from you

Should you go back and delete them? It's okay to say "yes"
You should have stopped at "Umm". Everything you said after that was either meaningless, dumb or untrue. The dropped passes have not been a problem this season. They didn't happen at critical times that cost us a game and you've already conceded they didn't affect Dak's effectiveness. So it would seem the point of your thread is irrelevant. By the way, the word you called me is spelled with a "c", not an "s". You should have stopped while you were ahead, but wait, you were never ahead, so you should have never started. Another point for this thread is irrelevant. :laugh:

Bigdog

Reaction score
That was the complaint about Cooper in Oakland. We have the highest drop rate but yet we do not make any excuses unlike some fan base

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Well they do tend to drop a lot of passes on the first possession

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You should have stopped at "Umm". Everything you said after that was either meaningless, dumb or untrue. The dropped passes have not been a problem this season. They didn't happen at critical times that cost us a game and you've already conceded they didn't affect Dak's effectiveness. So it would seem the point of your thread is irrelevant. By the way, the word you called me is spelled with a "c", not an "s". You should have stopped while you were ahead, but wait, you were never ahead, so you should have never started. Another point for this thread is irrelevant. :laugh:

Lol you just shouldn't have replied and tucked your tail and ran. Not dig yourself deeper.

1. Claims everything after my first word is meaningless, dumb, or untrue, yet doesnt give a single example because you can't. Everything after it was summarizing the exchange. Unless you're saying everything you said in that exchange was dumb, then WE ALL AGREE.
2. Noone said they were drops during crucial times, and of course they didn't cost us games, we're 3-0 you moron. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
3. The point of the thread is just showing a stat. Something so simple, yet you can't even seem to grasp the most simple of concepts, so what's new. Did anyone say anything about how those drops hve affected us? NO. Is it surprising that you can't understand that? HELL NO.
4. Yes we all know how to spell it, one way it gets **** out the other doesn't.Disappointed, but of course not surprised.

There was time for you to simply delete your stupid posts, but now it's too late and they're there forever.

dfense

Reaction score

Fake news. Agalor has dropped more in one game then the entire Cowboys team. :)