Twitter: Cowboys receivers currently have highest drop rate in NFL

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This thread has gone 4 pages. It's relevant. At least for discussion's sake.

Extremely. I don't know why he wanted to die on such a stupid hill. I gave him many options to delete, he didn't.

15 likes doesnt seem irrelevant.

He should be embarrassed

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Depends where you are getting your drop stats from:

Dallas 6
Philly 10

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats...&opp=0&sort=10&qualified=1&sortOrder=0&page=3

From what I've seen, I think that's closer to accurate. The other one must be counting some plays that I wouldn't consider drops, like the throw behind Cobb that resulted in the interception. Cobb wasn't even able to get both hands on the ball at the same time. He made a valiant effort but shouldn't be awarded a drop for it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The drop rate for the Cowboys receivers’ is an important topic to discuss.

I tend to not get too worked up about drops, because there are so many other things about receivers’ performance that are important.

Right now the Cowboys are undefeated. However, even under best case scenario for the season, the team is going to lose at least 3-4 games this season, most likely.

If the receivers continue to drop passes at a high rate, and one of those drops comes on a key 3rd down or is a dropped touchdown, and the Cowboys lose that game, then you can guarantee people will be complaining and worrying about the drops even more.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cooper dropping the football isn't new. It's one of the reasons he's not in Oakland anymore.

In Dallas so far what he's brought to the field has outweighed them, but I don't think they're going anywhere any time soon.

Don't forget T.O. dropped a ton of balls too. Sometimes even great receivers have the problem.
Guys that can score on any given pass are going to drop a lot more than guys who simply catch it and go out of bounds every time.
Dez fumbled alot more than most WRs too.
But it was because once he caught the ball he became a running back going over and through people for yardage.

Cooper has an injury that limits his practice time likely causing the drop stats to flare up more than usual.
He has had a couple ugly drops that hit both hands but he is so quick in and out of breaks that it is truly harder to play at that speed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

I tend to not get too worked up about drops, because there are so many other things about receivers’ performance that are important.

Right now the Cowboys are undefeated. However, even under best case scenario for the season, the team is going to lose at least 3-4 games this season, most likely.

If the receivers continue to drop passes at a high rate, and one of those drops comes on a key 3rd down or is a dropped touchdown, and the Cowboys lose that game, then you can guarantee people will be complaining and worrying about the drops even more.
when you lose something has to be blamed.
usually it's the qb.
in philly it is the drops because they just paid the qb and admitting he isn't that grand would kill them.

aikemirv

Reaction score

It is important if the stat were correct, which it is not. The only drop stat that is relevant is Cooper having 3. He needs to clean that up. The other 3 drops are irrelevant because they in no way show a pattern. The OP, I am pretty sure, is the one who wanted to blame Dak's first Int this year on Cobb!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Fair point, but you can say that about anybody. More teams would win if the players executed on plays that they can control.
I don't think you could say that drops on the final drives of 2 games that would have been TD's to win it happened to all teams. They did not, but they did happen to Philly!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb have each contributed, Cooper the most.

Dak currently has a 74.5% completion percentage. Without drops that would go up to 85.4% for the season.

The most notable 2016 QBs all in the top 3.

Yeah, but isn't Dak inaccurate?
:huh:

Scotman

Reaction score
The class of 2016 needs to learn to throw easier to catch passes.

:)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It is important if the stat were correct, which it is not. The only drop stat that is relevant is Cooper having 3. He needs to clean that up. The other 3 drops are irrelevant because they in no way show a pattern. The OP, I am pretty sure, is the one who wanted to blame Dak's first Int this year on Cobb!

And you were the one, I'm pretty sure, that said Cobb was 0% to blame for that same INT!

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I’ll be honest.

I really haven’t even noticed this. Dak’s been so sharp even with the drops, I guess it didn’t really register.
It’s been pretty evident with Cooper. I haven’t noticed it with the other wr’s