RELEASED Cowboys Release DE Benson Mayowa

cern

Reaction score
at the time of his signing he was better than what we had. now that we've accumulated a few good de's, we let him go as we should have. seems the prudent thing to do. I can see several more cuts coming.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
A 17.4 mill hit today but a contract before July 16 could decrease that considerably. Why so glum chum
Not glum, frustrated. And yes they can get a deal done - but will they ? Judging by everything going on here the last couple of years, and Stephen saying that their FA plan is the same as in the past - why so warm and fuzzy chum ?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Good move, don't get the hate for him though. Its not like he was signed to a huge deal. He got JAG contract and was exactly that.

Some peoples just gotta hate. It's ridiculous!! Hate the team for saving some money then hate the team for not spending more on a RFA who has exactly 3 more sacks, a suspension and is as manic as half the fans on here.

visionary

Reaction score
Creates roughly $2.75M in cap room.

Good move to cut him now, bad move to overpay for him 2 years ago.

This Front Office has completely whiffed in free agency the past few off-seasons yet McClay gets an extension?

Why exactly?

He's that good
No one else could have got us to 9-7

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Not glum, frustrated. And yes they can get a deal done - but will they ? Judging by everything going on here the last couple of years, and Stephen saying that their FA plan is the same as in the past - why so warm and fuzzy chum ?

Will they? That's up to Tank and his agent and SJ. It takes two to tango

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Most obvious cut that was coming this off-season. His playing time really dwindled last year and with Charlton showing growth at the end of the season it made him expendable at that cap figure.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most obvious cut that was coming this off-season. His playing time really dwindled last year and with Charlton showing growth at the end of the season it made him expendable at that cap figure.

And he could never figure out that he needed to contain the run as well as try to rush the passer...

cern

Reaction score
Will they? That's up to Tank and his agent and SJ. It takes two to tango
tru dat. and it won't be easy. I think tank's made it clear he's looking for top money. lots of guaranteed money. imo, he'll get tagged again next year while the cowboys look for another pass rusher thru the draft. with 10 picks, there could be some trading this year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Frees up #93 jersey for Marcus Davenport.

Marcus-Davenport-1.jpg

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
tru dat. and it won't be easy. I think tank's made it clear he's looking for top money. lots of guaranteed money. imo, he'll get tagged again next year while the cowboys look for another pass rusher thru the draft. with 10 picks, there could be some trading this year.

That's what makes this year so interesting. We're finally out from under Romo's dead cap money. In hind sight it was a horrible contract. I don't hear much beotttching about it though.

Yes, it could happen that way Cern. Of course it will be all managements fault for not getting it done. Like I said it takes two to tango

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Just in my nature... the glass half full dude
But are you really happy with the FA moves this franchise has made over the last few years ?
None of the moves big or small have worked. When you play small ball, at least get them to contribute ...