RELEASED Cowboys Release DE Benson Mayowa

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Not trying to be Johnny Downer...but when looking at what the Iggles are doing as opposed to US so far, we ought to be very worried for say,THE NEXT 5-7 YEARS. We had better have one HELLUVA plan draftwise and in Free agency or this year will be even more unbearable than the last. The Iggles are setting themselves up to dominate for many years to come because they have a good plan in place,and we DO NOT IT SEEMS. I'm concerned guys.
The Eagles are over the cap, Curry is about to be gone and so is Long, there will be a few more pieces missing before it is all said in done. They have no wiggle room and the dead $$$ is about to start piling up.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Should have never been signed in the first place. Dumpster diving at its finest

You don't find caviar on every dive, but you do it hoping players might turn out like Irving has. Shopping for relative bargains mostly leaves you with junk, but I don't mind that kind of shopping as long as there are also some premium items on the list, which there haven't been the past few years.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
tumblr_oapkjtjzT21vayxj5o1_500.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Creates roughly $2.75M in cap room.

Good move to cut him now, bad move to overpay for him 2 years ago.

This Front Office has completely whiffed in free agency the past few off-seasons yet McClay gets an extension?

Why exactly?

It was a trivial amount relatively speaking.

He ended up making 5.5M total over 2 years (2.75M average).

DanA

Reaction score
It wasn’t a bad signing, it just wasn’t a good one either. We paid 800k a sack which is okay for a DE but probably more than you’d want to pay a guy that I’d anticipate has a few in front of him (Lawrence, Taco, Crawford, Tapper and maybe Irving when he plays DE).

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This is a sign that Randy Gregory is coming back. The only reason Mayowa was signed was because Gregory got suspended. He was simply a fill-in for Gregory during the suspensions.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gregory cannot be counted on. This may have been done purely for cap reasons and nothing more.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Eagles are over the cap, Curry is about to be gone and so is Long, there will be a few more pieces missing before it is all said in done. They have no wiggle room and the dead $$$ is about to start piling up.
Your wishful thinking me thinks.

sbark

Reaction score
but gotta say regretfully....they snagged a ring dangnabit.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't find caviar on every dive, but you do it hoping players might turn out like Irving has. Shopping for relative bargains mostly leaves you with junk, but I don't mind that kind of shopping as long as there are also some premium items on the list, which there haven't been the past few years.
Can't argue with you there. We've shopped at Goodwill for 5 years now - and the front office still wonders why we can't win a championship.

Reactions: BAT