RELEASED Cowboys release K Tristan Vizcaino

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What's a good number at Oxnard?
Don't know. I'd have to see past numbers there for our kickers, know more about the wind conditions for a given practice, etc. Just in general, two misses a day is not good no matter where you are. It's all we have to judge the kickers off right now, and it's not good.

As I said, I don't think it's reason to panic because we need to see him in the preseason games. If he goes into those games and misses one kick in 10 and no PATs, then we can chalk it up to those wind factors. Until then, it's just not what you want to see from your potential starting kicker.

rambo2

Reaction score
Don't know. I'd have to see past numbers there for our kickers, know more about the wind conditions for a given practice, etc. Just in general, two misses a day is not good no matter where you are. It's all we have to judge the kickers off right now, and it's not good.

As I said, I don't think it's reason to panic because we need to see him in the preseason games. If he goes into those games and misses one kick in 10 and no PATs, then we can chalk it up to those wind factors. Until then, it's just not what you want to see from your potential starting kicker.
Do we need a protractor or AI?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll address the kicker situation before the season starts. But it is fun watching people freak out over it.
Considering some recent moves that have worked out well, I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt that they are eyeing several situations around the league where one of two kickers will be cut from teams….and they will get on it when it happens.

rambo2

Reaction score
Considering some recent moves that have worked out well, I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt that they are eyeing several situations around the league where one of two kickers will be cut from teams….and they will get on it when it happens.
Aubrey either makes it or they will get a new guy. They have to have a guy that can kickoff. Aubrey can kick off.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The title to the link I posted said he signed in July but it was dated 2023. He actually signed on August 9, 2022. The Cowboys have been practicing in Oxnard for years and not once have I ever heard anyone say it’s a bad place to kick. Dan Bailey was lights out in Oxnard every year in training camp. Brett Maher never had problems there in 2018 and 2019. Someone on Mick Shots says it’s a bad place to kick and you used that as an excuse for Vizcaino’s struggles. Lol By the way I don’t listen to Mick Shots and could care less what his or anyone else’s opinion is on that podcast. Maybe the conditions have been tougher there this summer, but the other kicker wasn’t having nearly the problem Vizcaino was having. Kickers have to deal with all kinds of conditions. By the way, you need to calm down or I’m going to stop wasting my time with you.

Problem is, this team is reactive as opposed to proactive at some positions.

This is one of those “always open for business”.

I’m not an NFL coach, but does Fassel literally report to McCarthy everyday and say “everything is ok! Let’s keep these guys kicking 60% in practice!”

Every poster here knows Aubrey won’t be the opening game kicker.
Lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’d bring in a vet if possible and battle Aubrey. He could turn into the future. But he’s likely not it right now
Agreed, they should bring in Kai Forbath (if he's available) or Robbie Gould. That said, this move isn't surprising with what was being reported in practice.

calico

Reaction score
It’s frustrating the powers that be can’t fix this problem going on year 3 now. It’s shouldn’t be this difficult.

rambo2

Reaction score
Lets release the other kicker and sign a vet with a proven record, enough of this fooling around already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who? And don't say Gould because he can't kick off. It would be stupid to cut Aubrey now. They can sign another kicker and still keep Aubrey to kick in the game Saturday.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy says no new kicker right now. Maybe they want to see how Aubrey does minus competition or they are waiting on another vet to get cut.